Fountain West Health Center

Reviews of Fountain West Health Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Fountain West Health Center

March 04, 2014

By Mimi Here

The Skilled and Rehabilitation Hall has very old a poor quality mattresses which with hard plastic covers. My family member who was living independently had a large bloody coxyx sore on his rump that had to be treated at a hospital with infection. Also back issues from the mattress from hell cause further pain and debilitation. For the cost be in this facility patients should have an adequate bed mattress. My family member was able to walk. When looking for assistance on several visitations there were no staff to be found, yet I saw a group in the break room. The daytime staff does well, but the evening and night staff seem to not have enough help, but also slack. Also those not able to feed themselves in the "special" dining area are give little bites of food and most is taken to the garbage. When I asked about this, I was told that they "the staff" does not have all evening to sit and feed patients as they barely eat and are slow." Some of the plates did not look as if anything was attempted.

January 16, 2014

By Angry Son

This , Fountain West Nursing Facility, is the absolute worst Nursing Facility on this planet. The disrespect and disregard, they express to certain patients, whom they decide are acting independently of their wishes for the proper zombie like behavior they require, is unbelievably and totally disrespectful towards their clients. Their attendants are aggressively rough, when handling fragile women with physical injuries. They neglect the people for hours on end as they sit in their restrooms and wait for help. The cold slop, they serve for food,is not fit for man nor beast. They leave people in their beds, in rooms with no heat, and one thin blanket, and no socks on their feet. People go in healthy for their age, and within two months those same people will contract multiple disgusting health situations that no one should ever have to endure.The place should have a complete staff firing and a new staff of caring professionals should replace the incompetents.

January 06, 2014

By Lyne

Horrible place! Patients are ignored for up to two hours! My mother got scabies from one of the workers and even though the doctors at the hospital found the mites in a piece of skin, the nurses and aides denied her diagnosis. There are so many horrible things at this facility, I can't begin to list all of them. My mother was taken to the hospital with severe dehydration and urinary tract infection.

Services and Amenities of Fountain West Health Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 11/01/2019

About Fountain West Health Center

Fountain West Health Center is a senior living provider in West Des Moines, Iowa that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Fountain West Health Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Fountain West Health Center