Illahee Hills

Reviews of Illahee Hills

Independent Living Reviews for Illahee Hills

June 26, 2019

By Alison

My father is in Illahee Hills. They're very good, the staff is great, and the place is great. We really like them. It's full service senior living. They provide three meals a day, housekeeping, and lots of things that the independent living doesn't always provide. You can hire private pay services like physical therapy and nursing. They have a TV room, an exercise room, and laundry. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. I ate there one time, and my dad always raves about the food. They have church and Bingo as well.

May 31, 2019

By Jessica

Illahee Hills felt outdated. It was like car sales for senior living. The rooms were fine and very clean. The person who accommodated me was lovely in a car salesman sort of way. They're in it to make money and they have called me consistently. They have a high staff turnover, and they were very pushy. The dining area had big windows and it was bright. There were some people engaged in activities.

Hi Jessica, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you felt that way about your interactions with our community. Our goal is to have happy residents and family members so your feedback is very important. We hope for the opportunity to see you again, our team would be happy to work with you. Thank you

January 17, 2019

By Beverly

Illahee Hills is beautiful. The staff is wonderful. The food is to die for. They have bingo, card games, puzzles, and different things going on in the TV room. My mom's apartment is nice.

June 20, 2018

By VM

Illahee Hills was very welcoming and in a nice location, and the people were nice and very helpful. They had a nice calendar that outlined all their activities. They have a place where they do worship on Sundays.

December 26, 2017

By Karl

I visited Illahee Hills, and it's a very nice facility. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The location is good, right in the old downtown area in Urbandale. There are not many grounds, which was kind of nice. The rooms seemed to be very nicely organized.

July 17, 2017

By Jay

I visited Illahee Hills. The staff was very nice. Updating needed to be done. The one apartment that we went into had someone who just moved out, and they had the carpet stripped out. I did not see a place where everything was nice and fresh and ready to look at. They only had one place available. I understood that you could not make a resident leave the apartment just to show it. There was a smell that wasn't pleasant while walking through the place. They had two meals. The staff who showed us around was very pleasant. The dining room was very nice.

January 05, 2017

By Sandra521526

Illahee Hills was an excellent place. They were very pleasant people. The rooms were very spacious. The meals were excellent, and they had very good selection. If you didn't want the main selection for the meal, there were other things that you could select. There were nice selections of salads and desserts. The activities were lots of Wii bowling, horseshoes, and crafts. They were getting ready to serve food down in the activities room when we were there, like a party. It was very nice. The grounds were beautiful.

November 22, 2016

By Clarence206126

Illahee Hills was a very nice, very friendly, and excellent facility. The general cleanliness and friendliness stood out for me. They had activities and tours of places.

November 21, 2016

By Gary G.500342

Our visit with Illahee Hills was great. The people there were really nice and great. It was a great place too. We looked at all of the rooms. I thought the rooms were a little larger. The food was really good. It was a little fancier than the other place we visited.

September 30, 2016

By John745731

Illahee Hills was nice, but it gave more of an impression of an assisted living to where my mother is pretty independent, and I just don't think she needed that level of care. Money-wise, it was a little bit more money on a monthly basis, but it was nice and was definitely one that she considered.

September 02, 2016

By Wilma127733

I moved in to Illahee Hills, and I like it here. I chose it because it's close to my daughter. Also, it is cheery, light, and bright. The rooms and dining area are very nice. There are a lot of windows, and you get a lot of outdoor light. There's a lot of art on the walls and in the hallways. The dining area is very nice, cheery, and light. The food is good. They have a very wide variety of food. It's very nice.

June 10, 2016

By Scott866818

I went to Illahee Hills and thought it was excellent. The people working there were fantastic. People can be really nice when they’re trying to sell you something, but they seemed authentic and very knowledgeable. The gal that we worked with, and her husband who works there also, was very knowledgeable. They had a workout room and a beautiful, elegant dining area. The food was excellent and chef prepared. I noticed some activities, but my dad would probably do his own thing and socialize, depending on if he really hits it off with somebody. He’s not one of those people who’s looking for activities, but it did appear that there was quite a lot going on. They had a nice room for entertaining if you had somebody come to visit, and a private dining room that you could use whenever you want. If you stay in one of their facilities anywhere in the country, then you can travel and stay there for free and eat for free. I thought that was a good benefit if you like to travel, and he still likes to travel. It seemed affordable, not super expensive yet a very nice place with beautiful grounds. They seemed like they would adapt to your personal situation like if you wanted your food brought to your room, or if you need assistance of different kinds.

November 30, 2015

By Carol117179950

I like Illahee Hills a lot, but it is a little expensive. They had people that come in and change our beds and clean our apartments once a week. We have TV in our room, but we don’t have a Wi-Fi. We don’t have a kitchenette, just a little refrigerator, sink, a counter, and cupboards. We don’t have a stove. The staff are very nice, and it is a very clean community. They accommodate my strict diet requirements. If they are eating bread, I will just bring down my Gluten-free bread, and they will fix my sandwich up.

October 28, 2015

My mom is in Illahee Hills. It is clean. The personnel are helpful. We like the meals. They are very good. We like the rooms. She had a one-bedroom unit that is very nice. The price is competitive. They have a bus that will take them to appointments. She likes bingo, the ice cream socials, and the entertainment. Sometimes they have people that come in to sing and do things like that. She likes more activities.

January 29, 2015

By Joyce100013450

I am in Illahee Hills. I liked it, and everything is fine. I have a one-bedroom apartment, and it is very nice. I am doing therapy three times a week. They have ice cream socials twice a week. They have puzzles and live entertainment here. There is a zoo, and they will be bringing some live animals on Saturday. They provide three meals a day, and the food is very good. It is in a nice location. It is very nice and very clean.

November 29, 2014

By Wilma5

I looked at Illahee Hills Urbandale, and the facility is very nice. The rooms are nice as well. They have three meals a day, activities, and transportation. The rooms are spacious, and I haven’t heard anything negative about this place.

July 18, 2014

Illahee Hills was located in one of the better parts of the town. I placed a friend there in the aide and assistance from the VA.The building was excellent. It was a newer facility. They had a microwave and a refrigerator in the room, but most of the meals were served in the general dining room. Everybody ate in the central dining area. I had lunch there a couple of times and the food was good. The staff was very good, and my friend really liked the manager.

February 27, 2014

By Dorothy37

I thought Illahee Hills was very good. The staff was good. They've invited us back two or three times. They have many activities. They had Jeopardy, pool, play cards.

November 21, 2013

Illahee Hills was beautiful. My experience during my visit there was great. I enjoyed the tour. The facility was beautifully maintained. Their units were very nice and they seemed to be pretty adequate. The living rooms were big, the bedrooms could be a little better but they weren't too bad, and the bathrooms were decent. Overall, I say they're pretty nice. We tried their food and it was pretty decent. They did have activities for their residents. They have a beautiful library, a big screen TV and a screening room for sports and movies, lots of games in the recreation room. They also have puzzles, exercise, etc. They have everything. They also have transportation to doctors' appointments.

Questions about Illahee Hills

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Illahee Hills. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Illahee Hills offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Illahee Hills exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Illahee Hills offer to independent living residents?

If Illahee Hills accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Illahee Hills work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Illahee Hills

Photos of Illahee Hills

Services and Amenities of Illahee Hills

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Illahee Hills

Illahee Hills is located in Urbandale, IA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Illahee Hills for a visit...and stay!

Map of Illahee Hills