Beaverdale Estates

Offers Independent Living

4610 Douglas Ave, Des Moines, IA 50310
Beaverdale Estates (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 2 days

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of Beaverdale Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Beaverdale Estates

August 23, 2016

By Cathy F

Beaverdale Eastaes was extravagantly decorated and very elegant. The rooms were beautiful, but the one that we saw was pretty small for $2,000 a month. They had an exercise room, library, activity rooms, and dining room, where they served three meals a day. The staff was knowledgeable.

May 26, 2016

By Roger051045

I am considering Beaverdale Estates. I liked that the dining area is easy to get to, they serve three meals a day, and have an open cafeteria style throughout the day, so you can get coffee and fruits until 9:00 p.m. The place seemed pretty clean, and the people that gave the tour were nice.

May 10, 2016

By Steve124228050

I visited Beaverdale Estates. It was fine and acceptable rooms, a game area, and a library. Overall, the visit was fine.

January 31, 2016

By Shirley117757550

I liked Beaverdale Estates. I have nothing against it. I am just not ready to have somebody cook all my meals, and wait on me like that. I was in two or three rooms, and I thought they were very nice. They were very friendly downstairs in the lobby. They had coffee, and cookies out. My son had eight of us over, and had a dinner catered in to their private dining-room. Everybody was very friendly. I had dinner there a couple of times, and it was very good. They had entertainment come in. They had cards, games, and exercise. They have just about anything. It was a nice place.

December 20, 2015

By Garry4

We toured Beaverdale Estates. The people were nice, and it was a very clean and nice place. The apartments were just a little bit small. They had all kinds of activities, like singing and bingo. The staff was very efficient. We ate lunch there, and the food was fantastic.

November 24, 2015

By Phyllis Y.

We visited Beaverdale Estates. They were very friendly, and I liked the facilities a lot. The meal I ate and the staff were good. If I had a little more income, I would be more interested. They had efficiencies and one-bedrooms, which were quite spacious with lots of storage space. I was really pleased with it.

November 22, 2015

I thought Beaverdale Estates was wonderful. We didn’t have a lot of time that day, but we did stay for lunch, and it was really good. She told us about the activities, but we didn’t participate in any. The dining room was very nice, the food was excellent, and the menu was very good. Its setting was very nice, pleasant, and very clean.

July 04, 2015

By Sue110611250

I liked Beaverdale Estates. I liked the staff, and I enjoyed the meal. I was even invited to come back again for kind of a gathering that they had a few weeks later. A girl showed me a room that was kind of like an efficiency. It was a little closer to what I could afford. The food was awesome. I really enjoyed the girl who showed me around. She was really warm.

November 29, 2014

By Wilma5

I am staying at Beaverdale Estates Des Moines, and I have decided that is where I will be. I will not look any further as I am comfortable here. It’s been four months since I have been here. They offer three meals a day, and we get light housekeeping. Everybody here is friendly. I always have somebody to talk to and do something with. The rooms are spacious. I have one bedroom and a living room. They also provide transportation on shopping or to doctor's appointments.

July 20, 2014

By Gloria26

I am a resident of Beaverland Estates, and it is very good. It is very comfortable, warm, and homey. It feels like it's your home, and everybody remarks about that when they come here. They are the best independent living for people that are retiring. You have all your meals. There are lots of activities. We have all kind of entertainment coming in. We have our own choir made up of the residents. I am in the choir, and I love being in the choir. We have a choir director, and we have musical managers that are very talented. We have two different kinds of bingo and all kinds of games. We have bean bags, baseball, Wii, and we have bowling with that. We have movies on Sunday with popcorn and refreshments. We have gospel singing on Sunday afternoon. We have two wonderful libraries. We have morning exercises every day. It's just busy all the time. It has good managers; their office doors are open all the time, and you can walk in their office and talk to them any time. It is a beautiful place. Everything is very nice. The apartments are lovely, and the maintenance is perfect. They clean the apartments every week. They shampoo the carpet in the hallway on each floor and the carpets in the rooms. It is not new, but it is very well kept, and it looks new. We have big open spaces, and its very beautiful. I don't think they come much better than this. I am very happy. We are a good community. Everybody have a good time, everybody gets along, and we have good friends.

March 15, 2013

By maealice

From the time that I walked in the door, I actually felt the warmth and love. The Managers Aaron and Margaret were very helpful with answering all of my questions. I am going to tell all of my friends and family. I just wish that I had known about them 10 years ago. I could have had great memories even sooner.

Costs for Beaverdale Estates

Photos of Beaverdale Estates

Services and Amenities of Beaverdale Estates

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Beaverdale Estates

Beaverdale Estates is located in Des Moines, IA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Beaverdale Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Beaverdale Estates