RidgeView Assisted Living Community

Reviews of RidgeView Assisted Living Community

Assisted Living Reviews for RidgeView Assisted Living Community

November 21, 2016

By Giluba

Meadowview Memory Care Village was great. It was very clean. There was longevity of the staff that was there. My mom had a few problems with her memory, and that would have been a good place for my mom. My dad could have went and be with her anytime, but they would still be together because they had assisted living. They could have a room together. Then as you age, there was actually a nursing home. It kind went from independent living to assisted living to nursing care. I really enjoyed the tour through it. I was so impressed with the memory care part. There were some people playing cards, and some were out in the garden. It was just a very nice place.

February 29, 2016

By caring visitor35

Meadowview was a very nice place, seemed upscale, and the fact that the residents seemed to care about what they look like and were a little more vibrant bunch. The rooms were nice and the staff was wonderful. It’s a memory care facility that is probably best described as Disneyland for old people. Their facility in the center was almost like this food court in the mall; there’s an area in the center that’s very stimulating, there’s a post office and a theater, places that people might relate to and have fun memories about, and coffee shops. One area in particular where people with memory care issues could go and sit inside was a little enclosed area that had nothing but really great pictures of dogs, so if they were dog lovers they would probably be in dog heaven, and a lot of other stimulation type things like that. We looked at the memory care facility, which was a separate building. The assisted facility was a bit more clinical, more hospital like, and not a reason to be on top of the list because we’re looking for something that’s a little more like home. The lady who showed us around was incredibly knowledgeable about the science and the statistics and the brains of specialized memory care. It’s a facility that’s maybe unlike a lot of others. You should probably go online to get a pretty good sense of how cool of a place it is. It’s just also very pricey and maybe a little out of reach for normal people.

April 28, 2015

By Searchingforcare

RidgeView was homey. Smaller so a good fit for someone who doesn't want to worry about traveling longer distances to meals/activities. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Very clean. Priced comparable to others after you add up the al a carte items others charge. No buy in fees and the lease was only month to month. If memory care is a future need, they have a state of the art memory care next door. Checked their state surveys and they have been deficiency free 5 years running so they are obviously providing quality care. The people I've mentioned RidgeView to all have great things to say about it. Overall I thought it was the best option on the NW/SW side of CR.

February 22, 2015

By Shirley101704750

Mom went to Meadowview Memory Care Village. The staff was really good. They took really good care of them and were very friendly; this is what I liked best. You had to buy your own stuff to furnish your room. The security was very good; you had to have a code to go in and out. There were quite a few patients in there that liked to try and get out, but I don’t remember any of them actually getting out. I remember one gal tried to get out one of the other entrances, and she looked at me and said that it was worth the try.

January 24, 2015

We went to Ridgeview for my mom. It was a very nice facility. The price was a little expensive. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but other than that, what we saw was very nice. The rooms might have been on the smaller side than the ones at the other facility. As for the staff, the ones that we met were very nice and very cooperative. They have an interior walking area like a garden.

March 20, 2014

By Cindy40

Meadowview is a really nice place. They are really good with the residents. They call whenever they need to. We've only eaten there once, and the food was good. They have a lot of different activities. It's a nice facility. They have a big open area in the middle that looks like a little town. The rooms are small but enough for my father.

June 19, 2013

By Marsha6

Ridgeview is very homey. There's plenty of room for a lot of their own personal things. They have somebody to cook for them, monitor their medication, and do the cleaning and laundry, so those things that are getting to be a burden are taken care of for them. The rooms are great. My parents basically have a one-bedroom apartment. The staff is great. The food is great too. There is a nice variety and there's always substitute, so if residents don't like the main dishes, there are always other choices. They usually have one outing a week. There seems to be a lot of activities that they could join in.

May 11, 2012

Dementia-specific assisted living facility. Excellent, caring staff well-trained in working with the needs of those suffering with Alzheimer's. They have a good activities program, but still need to work on providing more weekend staffing for activities, which is my reason for not giving five stars. Otherwise, no complaints.

Services and Amenities of RidgeView Assisted Living Community

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Pets: Small Pets

About RidgeView Assisted Living Community

RidgeView Assisted Living Community is a senior living provider in Cedar Rapids, Iowa that offers residents Assisted Living and Assisted Living. Contact RidgeView Assisted Living Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of RidgeView Assisted Living Community