Mallard Point

Offers Independent Living

2603 Orchard Dr, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Mallard Point (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 29 days

Move-in by March 31st and receive $500 off your first 3 months. Applies to April, May, and June rent. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Mallard Point

Independent Living Reviews for Mallard Point

May 21, 2016

By RogerBSIEG

The sales representative at Mallard Point, Darnell, was excellent. He has a great way with people in general, especially old people, and was very believable. What he said turned out to be true, so that was a plus. The managers were very open, welcoming, and not pushy. They had a lot of accommodations to show my parents around and let them see the inside of the apartments, which were very open, cheerful, and very nice. We were impressed. The location is great. If I had to find one fault, I would say the parking is a little limited. My parents are not social people. They don’t get out a lot, but they have activities there that they have taken part in. They have started to enjoy being drawn out a little bit by different people and things. I think the staff has done a good job at doing that. My parents just moved in last month.

December 16, 2015

By Charlotte24

Mallard Point was clean and well lit. I walked in the hallway with the representative, and there was a smell of smoke. I thought I saw one room that had a machine outside it, like it was trying to get rid of the smoke. The people that he addressed as we were making our walk-through all seemed very friendly to him, and him back to them. One lady said she wanted to talk to him, and he said, "I will come back to see you," and he looked at his watch and said a time. So, I was really impressed with that because I was a social worker.

August 21, 2015

Mallard Point is reasonably priced compared to everywhere else I tried, and you don't have to sign a long-term lease or anything. You can just give 30-day notice and change if you want to. They are very helpful, and they feed you very well and too much. In fact, I have to use some will power. Yes, I would recommend it. They've got a lot of activities. They had a movie yesterday, and they go on shopping trips.

May 03, 2015

By Bob105679350

Mallard Point was really neat, and the people there were nice. They had good activities and good meals. The apartments were nice and clean and had plenty of room. They had microwave ovens there, and you had 3 meals; you didn’t really need the kitchen.

April 06, 2015

By Roxie1

The thing that impressed my children about Mallard Point was the fact that if I wanted to go on vacation to where my grandchildren are, if they have a facility like them in that area, I can go to that one and stay for a few days. They have that share thing from state to state, if you want to go visit some place, you can rent or stay in one of their smaller show apartments while you're there. Your family also has that benefit, and they can run for a certain amount of money during the time that they're staying. You can do your own laundry there or they can do it for you. They also have someone come in help you once a week if you need it. You have three meals a day provided for you. You have your choice of one-bedroom or a condo either in the huge facility or separately across from the main eating areas. They also have condos where you can have your own garage if you want to. It's in a really nice area where they have a walking park close by where you can exercise if you want to. They also have a van to take you to your appointments or take you shopping and bring you back. It's very clean and nicely laid out. They have several rooms for exercising, watching movies, pool room, and gaming. They help you move into another apartment where you get complete care if that's what's needed at a later time.

October 06, 2014

We don’t live too far away from Mallard Point, and we will be going to that facility. We just liked the place where we are going to stay; the apartment has a big living room, two bedrooms, and two baths. They are very nice people, and this is the third year that we’ve gone there. The dining area is nice with new carpets. They can play cards, there are some games like dominos, and they have entertainment usually every Friday or Saturday. This is a really nice place.

September 12, 2014

By Linda94739150

I liked the whole setup of Mallard Point. The staff was not unfriendly, but they were just not over the top, so to speak. I didn't really get to check their meals too much, or the things that they have available for activities, but I would say they have a good variety of those kinds of things too. They had a Wii, and they do Wii bowling that they schedule sometimes for tournaments, card games that they get together to play, and jigsaw puzzles that they work on together, and that was kind of impressive. I wasn't there long enough to know if they were understaffed or not, but it does seem like they had less staff.

June 21, 2012

By mallardfan

I couldn't ask for better care for my Mother who has some dementia than what she has at Mallard Point. The food is excellent. The management couldn't be better! She has the feeling of independence, but the safety of the Mallard community! The activities are endless and made for all types of personalities and needs. The nursing staff is also excellent. The facility is very nice!

Costs for Mallard Point

Photos of Mallard Point

Services and Amenities of Mallard Point

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Mallard Point

Mallard Point is located in Cedar Falls, IA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Mallard Point for a visit...and stay!

Map of Mallard Point