The Wyndwood Portage

The Wyndwood Portage (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Wyndwood Portage

Assisted Living Reviews for The Wyndwood Portage

April 29, 2014

Sterling House is two floors. One is for the Alzheimer’s, upstairs, but it is called assisted living. I visited it, but they thought my wife was a flight risk. The rooms looked very nice, and the price probably could have been all right, but they didn’t think they could handle her. The staff was very good. They showed me around, and it was clean, and everything looked good.

March 12, 2014

Sterling House was very clean and very homey. The residents were taking part in an activity when we were there, and they seemed to be enjoying it. They did not have any room available, though. The staff was very knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. It was definitely well maintained. The dining room a little small but very clean and homey.

April 24, 2012

By rach3l

It's always difficult when a person reaches their elder years and starts losing independence. Assisted living seems to be a nice transition for elderly folks who are all at difference independence levels. My grandmother doesn't need full-time care, but after losing her driver's license, she doesn't have the ability to drive and pick up her groceries or medication or grandkids anymore. It was difficult for the family to get her to agree to make the transition to assisted living at Sterling House of Portage, but she likes it a lot more than she expected. There's always somebody to play cards with (they bet with pretzels!), and when she gets tired she can go back to her room and nap without having to worry about shooing company out the front door. Sterling House is very nicely-appointed. The landscaping outside is just beautiful, and my grandma enjoys taking walks with my mother and I when we visit. Her room is fairly large and she doesn't have a roommate, which is nice because she doesn't have to share her private living space with anybody else. The nursing staff all seem busy but friendly every time I visit. Our family gets peace of mind that my grandma is being well-cared for, and she's not on the road where she could potentially endanger lives. And, most importantly, she's receiving a quality of care that nobody in our family has the time or ability to provide, and I'm very thankful for that.

Costs for The Wyndwood Portage

• Nurse On Staff: 24/7

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Licensed Assisted Living

About The Wyndwood Portage

The Wyndwood Portage is a senior living provider in Portage, Indiana that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact The Wyndwood Portage for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Wyndwood Portage