Sugar Grove

Reviews of Sugar Grove

Assisted Living Reviews for Sugar Grove

February 22, 2017

By notahappy

They took advantage of my dad when we moved out. I even had emails that said they would reimburse him money as they rented his apartment before the end of the month. But in the end the office said there was nothing they could do. I called their home office and left about 20 polite messages with multiple people including the VP and never got a call back. Don't let them take advantage of your loved one like they did mine. In addition we begged them to pull the tall sticker weeds around his patio with no luck and his air went out on a Friday night on the hottest weekend of the year and it took them till the next week to even send a repair man out. Would never recommend this place to anyone!

June 23, 2016

By Happy Visitor121736050

Sugar Grove was a nice, clean community. The rooms weren't too big. The rooms were very clean and nice but smaller than what my mother wanted.

June 10, 2016

By Dennis206082

Sugar Grove was really nice. The rooms were nice and were one room with a bed in it for $1,700 a month. The food that they prepared looked very nice. Half of the reason why I wanted to go there was because it looked like a nice community with social gatherings. The people working there were great.

November 08, 2015

A friend of ours stayed at Sugar Grove. It was very nice. It still looked very nice, but it has been sold to another company. It would have been very nice had it kept the same company that owned it, but it is not the same business, and I don't like that place anymore. The facility was bright, and it is smaller than I was thinking of. If the same company had still been there, I might have taken them, but it was not done as well, and the food and the assistance were not as good.

August 02, 2015

By rjmiotke

My mother was a resident in the memory care unit for about three years. At first she received great care. There were several activities in which she could participate and her room was clean. However, management changed and we noticed a constant turnover of staff. The staff lost her hearing aids and refused to take responsibility for the loss. Residents were often seen sitting without activities or any staff members in sight. I have since moved my mother to another facility following a stroke. She has been receiving exceptional care there.

June 30, 2014

My mother lives here at Sugar Grove Senior Living. I am visiting here now and I have been dealing with this facility close to two years. I am pretty much pleased with what they have. My in-laws come down and visit this place also and we have them on the waiting list. When an opening comes up, we are going to move them from where they live now. It is a ranch and it is one level. It is not huge but it is pretty large. The assisted living side has three large hallways and a dining hall. They have another wing that is memory/additional medical need and there is cap on that side per room. They have LPN, RN and CAN 24/7. They have an ala carte service depending on what they need. They have a recreational lady that is here Monday through Friday. They have games and activities pretty much every day. There are church services on Sundays. Women can get their hair done here on Wednesdays. They have a bus and they take them on field trips on different places. They also take people to appointments and restaurants.

July 08, 2013

By estfania

My mother has lived in a garden apartment for nearly three years. After receiving her last lease renewal, she will be moving out. Every twelve months, her rent has increased by $95.00. Her apartment is cold in the winter and hot in the summer. She has requested maintenance repairs to be done, yet nothing ever transpires. Unless you are willing to pay nearly an extra $100.00 in rent each year and do not mind maintenance concerns not being addressed, I would strongly recommend going elsewhere. Nearly everyone I know presently living at Sugar Grove is moving out. As a bonus, residents at Sugar Grove can hear the inmates at the correctional facility (located directly across from the Sugar Grove entrance) yelling day and night. Not a peaceful place to live! Futher, the walls between apartments are not well insulated. You can hear your neighbors talking on the phone (verbatim), their television, sneezing, etc. My mother also believed (initially) that Sugar Grove would be a peaceful place to live.....what a laugh!

August 15, 2012

By Pooka

My mother has been a resident of this facility for almost a month now. We placed her here because it's near my brother's home. Also, my mother-in-law stayed in here. This place has a garden for walking and a large restaurant area for dining. The accommodations are just wonderful and really nice. The staff seems really attentive and caring. They provide a calendar for their activities. I think my mom will rate it really good. I even joked that I want to reside here as well. I will recommend this place to others. However, there's still room for improvement especially in the tap water quality. I noticed that it was rusty.

October 03, 2011

By broncrider3445

My grandfather was a resident at Sugar Grove Senior Living in plainfield indiana. While he was there he recieved very good care by a professional well trained staff that were also warm and careing. He enjoyed his time there and was happy and that made me happy. The facility offered many types of activities and events on a daily basis to keep the residents on thier toes and active. They were also very good with his medical care and helped schedual appointments and even offered transportation if none was available. If there is anything negative to say about the facility it would only be that the maintainace dept. could sometimes be slow to react to issues with the property but as for everything else it was top notch. Everytime i would visit my grandfather was always enjoying some activity or telling me about an event he attended that was fun. I really attribute his last few years to the high level of care he recieved at sugar grove. I know that he really enjoyed it here. He originally had preconcieved notions about senior living and was very hesitent to be a part of it. Sugar grove made all his worries dissolve and i truly believe that would not have rather been anywhere else. I highly recommend this facility and was overall very pleased.

Hi Linda, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for your sincere review. I'm so sorry that you weren't offered a meal! If you'd like to come back and tour with us once more at Blair House, we'd love to serve you either lunch or dinner. Please feel free to call the Blair House directly at 309-454-8900 to schedule an appointment if you're interested. Thanks, Katie

Independent Living Reviews for Sugar Grove

November 30, 2015

By Lois S.

We had found Sugar Grove, but we had not moved in yet. It was very nice. It was clean. It had well landscaping. The person in charge was friendly and outgoing. The rooms were well done, and they were immaculate. They told us about the activities, and we saw the exercise room. They had a library, a movie room, a restaurant, a beauty shop, and a barbershop.

September 26, 2013

By Anna10

Sugar Grove is a brand new facility and it's a very nice place. The rooms are of good size. The staff seemed to be very pleasant and happy.

Photos of Sugar Grove

Services and Amenities of Sugar Grove

About Sugar Grove

Live the sweet life when making your home at Sugar Grove. The country setting of our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Plainfield, IN, radiates warmth and provides an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. Residents are afforded the privacy they deserve while at the same time offered companionship with plenty of daily activities and weekly outings. Our studio and one- and two-bedroom floor plans in Assisted Living boast 9-foot ceilings and are painted in neutral colors so residents have an easy time personalizing their spaces. Available garden homes raise the standard of living with open concepts and sunrooms. Residents appreciate restaurant-style dining at The Grove with daily specials and a regular menu at their discretion. The on-site putting green, stocked fishing pond and walking path that is integrated with the Plainfield Trail and Park system are a sense of pride within the community. Caring and professional staff members provide a helping hand when necessary for residents who require assistance with everything from housekeeping and laundry to nursing services. Independence is highly encouraged with scheduled courtesy transportation to popular shops and restaurants around the newly renovated downtown.

Map of Sugar Grove