Riverwalk Commons and Garden Homes

Reviews of Riverwalk Commons and Garden Homes

Assisted Living Reviews for Riverwalk Commons and Garden Homes

April 25, 2017

By Kathy702186

Riverwalk Commons was very nice. They served three meals a day and had entertainments come in. They had a bus that took people to various places in the community. They also had laundry service, an exercise room, a little café that people could use for small gatherings, and a family dining room that you could use. They had various places that had puzzles and games out. They showed us the one-bedroom and one that was just a room. They were very nice.

January 05, 2017

By Christine635742

I thought Riverwalk Commons was a great place. I stayed for lunch and had a great meal in their great dining area. The people were very friendly. I found nothing wrong with it except that I decided I wasn't ready yet. I looked at the one- and two-bedrooms in independent living. They were smaller than what I have been used to living in, so I was a little depressed by it. There's nothing wrong with it. Riverwalk Commons was a great place. It was friendly and what I would be looking for.

December 20, 2015

Riverwalk Commons was very nice, but they don’t accept Medicare. The staff was nice. I saw one room, and it's fine and seemed very clean.

November 29, 2015

By Phoebe4

I like everything about Riverwalk Commons: the nursing staff, the attention that the patients get, the cleanliness, and the professionalism of the staff. The food is super good, and the activities are outstanding. Since my sister went in, we have recommended it to five other senior citizens, and they've all taken up residence there. They're all very happy.

April 07, 2015

Riverwalk Commons was very nice. The saleslady was very accommodating and very informative. They had a very nice layout. However, I don't think that's going to fit our needs. The rooms were smaller than I would've preferred, but they were nicely laid out, and the walls and carpeting looked very nice. They were having a surprise party for a staff member at the time of my visit. It seemed very clean. I can't think of anything negative about them.

September 25, 2014

Last November, I moved my mother into Riverwalk Commons. I chose this community among others because it has a memory section and residents have their own room. The maximum in the memory section is only 22 people, so it is not crowded. They get more one on one type of attention. Their food is nice because they serve it in a home style way. They can decide the amount of food to have. I like it that way, because it means they don't have extreme amount of food on their plates. Their food tastes good too. I have tasted it during the events that the families of the residents are invited to join in. You can imagine that in any holiday, they make it somehow like a mardi gras. Recently, they did prom night. In totality, the place ended up a convenience because my sister lives nearby. The community has been very helpful. Thank goodness we moved our mother in Riverwalk and it worked out!

November 23, 2013

By millie77

Before my friend passed away, she was in Riverwalk. They treated her very nicely. She had been there for several years. She had Alzheimer's but she was allowed to stay there until she got so bad that she had to go to another place. They were very considerate. When they came in to assist her, they were always very kind. They provided really good meals for my friends. She seemed to enjoy them. Her husband definitely enjoyed them too. Though she didn't take part much in their activities, I do know they have several of them. They did have all kind of activities for them.

June 26, 2013

By Kathy37

Riverwalk Commons Senior Living was probably the facility that my mom was most comfortable with considering her personal likes and needs. It had the combination of garden homes for independent living as well as the assisted living that was in the main building. Her personal desire was the flexibility of garden homes so that there was an easy walk to the main cafeteria/dining room. We had dinner and the food they served there was fine but it was very tasty. One of the residents even got up and played piano for everybody. That was good experience. Overall, the ambience of the facility was very casual and friendly. It was also worth mentioning that their marketing directors were very helpful in answering questions.

January 07, 2013

By Roy1

We've been with Riverwalk for 2 years now. We have an independent living apartment. It's a very nice and clean facility. It's such a wonderful place. We have a big dining area for all the residents and the food is very good. We have a lot of activities here. We have almost anything we want. We have a wellness and exercise facility. We have local bus trips now and then. We dine out and go to the grocery store.

July 05, 2012

By atyler22

The grounds and buildings are beautiful and very clean. The staff are very friendly and act as if they have known you for years. There are lots and lots of events and activities for residents. They also have a very great hospital. The community is set up of individual apartments, and really gives the resident the feeling that they are on their own. The lawns and gardens are unmatched. I've been to other facilities but this one really sets a high standard. I would recommend this establishment over all others.

Independent Living Reviews for Riverwalk Commons and Garden Homes

• Low Salt
  • Renal
  • Vegetarian

About Riverwalk Commons and Garden Homes

Everyone loves freedom and choices...and we kept that in mind while designing our Senior Apartments. Our communities offer Assisted Living services that are tailored to meet the needs of each individual, allowing them to live life to the fullest.

Our Apartments are available in studio as well as one or two bedroom floor plans, furnished and decorated as you so desire, making a familiar and comfortable atmosphere where family members and friends can visit. Our residents enjoy the company of their neighbors while enjoying three meals a day offered in our unique, restaurant-style dining rooms. There are many opportunities to participate in a wide range of planned social activities, scheduled transportation to shopping, restaurants and appointments. We continue to add services designed to keep our residents as active as they desire while having the comfort and security of living in a senior community.

Map of Riverwalk Commons and Garden Homes