The Waterford at Edison Lakes

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

1025 Park Place, Mishawaka, IN 46545
The Waterford at Edison Lakes (800) 385-2527
Important COVID-19 Information Last updated: 4/8

Open for tours! Limit of 2 people (e.g., potential resident + 1), who will be screened for symptoms. Community tours will avoid any contact with current residents. Virtual tours and online photo albums also available; see Caring.com web page for URLs.

Reviews of The Waterford at Edison Lakes

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at Edison Lakes

July 25, 2018

By TP

The Waterford at Edison Lakes was terrible. They were friendly but not as friendly as others. The rooms are a lot smaller but the cost is a lot higher. To me, it just isn’t worth it.

December 18, 2017

By Jo

We went to The Waterford at Edison Lakes. I loved it. They had lovely apartments. I liked the fact that you had your own apartment, but yet you could still have nice services. That's got to be the best kept secret around. They had great people working there. I can't say enough good things about it. It was a little bit outside my mom's budget, but in the future, if there's some way we can figure it out and she does need more assistance, that's where I want her to go. When you first walk in, there are several different gathering areas. On the right, they had a lovely fireplace with four large chairs and an ottoman. We sat there for a few moments while we waited for the person to show us around. They had a little library with book shelves and a lovely selection. They had friendly people. One lady told us how much she enjoys living there. That's a good recommendation right there. We were looking to have help with her medications, and they did have a nurse on staff; your medicine would be locked up in the nurses' area and when it was time, she would go ahead and give it out. You could stop by the nurses' station or she would bring it to your apartment. I only saw one or two people in the dining area. They had a great deal of longevity with their staff, and that means a lot. The facility was lovely, but it could have used some more modern or updated things and decor, but those were in good condition. Everything looked in good condition. It was clean. I can't say anything bad about it. It was really nice. They had someone that you could call and you might be able to hire for your pets.

October 18, 2017

By Corresta

The rooms at The Waterford were very beautiful and high class. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they even called me back and gave me a list of options. I saw some ladies in a room making things with squares of ceramics. The dining area was breathtaking and pretty. They also had an activities room and an exercise room.

August 21, 2017

By Carolyn

The Waterford at Edison Lakes was pricier than my parents' current community. The rooms were very nice and had a living room and a bedroom. The staff was very nice.

July 09, 2016

By Carolyn661247

The Waterford at Edison Lakes' rooms were good, neat, and clean. The staff was really welcoming. The price was like other places. They were all getting ready to take a field trip to a ball game and they handed out little goody bags for the trip and lemonade to drink. The social director, two others from the staff, and the owners were going to the ball game with them. It was very well organized. The food was excellent. They had a homemade soup at lunch and triple-decker sandwiches that were nicely presented, clean, and neat. It's really good and tasty.

December 10, 2015

By Iris W.

My dad is enjoying his stay at The Waterford at Edison Lakes. The staff has been very kind and good to him. It is a very nice facility in a very good location for lots of activities and shopping. My dad enjoys playing bingo and the morning exercise classes. Sometimes they have concerts. The rooms are very nice and are of good sizes. The one-bedroom apartments are smaller in terms of the bedroom size, but my dad is in a two-bedroom apartment and tells me it’s too big for him now. They have a dining room that serves decent food. It is not gourmet dining, but it’s good, tasty food. They have a barber shop/beauty salon on-site. They also have good services in terms of more assistance if you need it. Everyone has a call button. My dad is getting some extra services, like helping him to the dining room. They have independent living and assisted living. They don’t have a memory care or nursing home care, but they have nurses on staff. My dad gets his medication every day from a nurse.

Independent Living Reviews for The Waterford at Edison Lakes

December 17, 2015

By Marian10

The Waterford was our top choice. He can get around in the room. The proximity to the activity rooms and the dining room was good. The location and the atmosphere were good too.

March 29, 2014

By Theresa19

Waterford at Edison Lakes was tremendous. This place was really, really five stars; nice. They call themselves assisted living, but I would say it is very close to an independent living facility. You need to be a fairly functioning senior to fit in there, but if you can, that place is really nice. For me it was a bit farther, and my mom has memory problems and such so that I don't think it would really be an appropriate place for her, but this place was nice; really nice. I wouldn't mind living in this place myself. I know they take the residents out and they had a bus of their own. They have crafts, exercise classes, and bingo, as I can remember.

Questions about The Waterford at Edison Lakes

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Waterford at Edison Lakes. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a 62+ community with the average age of our residents being 83 years old. We have a lively group of seniors that like to travel on our bus for activities like gambling at the Blue Chip or Four Winds Casino, theater, lunch and dinner excursions and around the town for shopping. If you and Dorothy would rather stay close to home we have Bingo several times weekly here in house, as well as card clubs, church services, bible study, movie nights and stretch classes, just to name a few.

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Edison Lakes offer to enrich residents' well-being?

What places are near The Waterford at Edison Lakes or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are a few minutes drive to University Park Mall going north and Mishawaka's vibrant Riverwalk to the south. Downtown South Bend is to our west offering fine dining, theater and a variety of other entertainments.

What transportation services does The Waterford at Edison Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

We offer scheduled transportation anywhere in St. Joseph County every Monday through Friday. We have two vehicles along with 2 CDL certified drivers.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Edison Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Dining in at The Waterford at Edison Lakes is vastly differently than all the others in our area. Our dining room opens at 8am and closes at 6p letting our residents choose when they want to dine. We don't have set times for meal, nor do we assign table or tablemates. Our residents come and go as they please. Family and friends are always welcome and we don't need advanced notice. We offer a Special Menu every day, but if nothing on the special fits the bill our residents can choose from the regular menu.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Edison Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

All outside doors are locked 24/7 except for our front door. it opens at 8am when a receptionist is on duty and locks at 9 when there is no longer anyone at the front desk. Residents are the only ones who are issued keys to the outside doors, and their apartments. Cameras are installed in all the public areas for round the clock monitoring of who comes and goes from our property.

How does The Waterford at Edison Lakes keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Traditionally, our nursing staff stays in constant contact with residents' families when they are receiving care when it comes to their health and safety.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Waterford at Edison Lakes during daytime and nighttime hours?

State ratio is set at 1 medical staff to 50 receiving medical residents. Our ration is 1 to 20.

If The Waterford at Edison Lakes accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community. Pets are allowed out of their apartments as long as they are on a leash and supervised by their pet parent. Outdoors you will find sidewalk paths that lead around the building for walking and a small fenced area for pets that want to move about more freely.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We are directed by both state and corporate training standards. Monthly mandatory on-site service training is performed as well as an on going on-line course all are required to stay up to date on.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Waterford at Edison Lakes. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a 62+ community with a diverse group of residents at The Waterford At Edison Lakes. Our average resident being 85 years old. Favorite activities range from Corn hole competition, and Drama Club to Happy Hour with entertainment and Bingo. As a group we will dine out-of-house for dinner and lunch every month, visit the local casino, and take trips to attractions in and around our area.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Waterford at Edison Lakes has organized?

Supper Club and Lunch Bunch are two very popular off-site activities our community activity director has coordinated. Suggestions are made in advance for the next outing and one is chosen. We've driven out to Daus Essen House in Middlebury for lunch, and up to Wheatberry's in Buchanan, Mi for dinner to name just two of the many places we have visited. Seasonal color tours take our residents out to see the colors, whereas holiday light tours give our residents a ring side seat as we tour the surrounding area.

What transportation services does The Waterford at Edison Lakes offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Edison Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Independent and Assisted Living residents SHARE all common areas, f om our outside garden patio to inside game room, library, and multi-purpose room.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Edison Lakes offer to independent living residents?

Does The Waterford at Edison Lakes work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have our own nursing department on siterunning three shifts per day with LPNs (licensed practical nurses), QMAs (Qualified Medical Assistants) and CNAs (certified nursing assistants). We are able to provide Assisted Living Support Services such as medication management, showering, toileting, dressing and grooming assistance as well as escorts, AM/PM welfare checks, diabetic management and incontinent care.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Edison Lakes provide to protect residents who wander?

We roam alerts to residents that are potential elopement candidates. This notifies staff, at any time of day or night, that the resident is nearing an exit or worse case scenario they're engaging an outside door. All staff are alerted and elopement procedures kick into place at that time.

Photos of The Waterford at Edison Lakes

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Edison Lakes

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About The Waterford at Edison Lakes

Live like a princess or prince at The Waterford at Edison Lakes, an Independent and Assisted Living community in Mishawaka, Indiana, that boasts a new building and beautifully manicured grounds. Our community in the “Princess City” offers the freedom to live the way residents choose in comfortable surroundings. At the same time, it offers companionship. Say goodbye to the worries of living alone. Say goodbye to home maintenance and housework. Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle with personal laundry and linen services social and recreational activities and weekly housekeeping. The Waterford offers a number of studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans with some of the most desired amenities available. Walk-in closets, wall-to-wall carpet, individual climate controls and mini-blinds on all windows provide the comforts of home with the privacy our residents deserve. Our dining room throws out the traditional scheduled service and instead offers two restaurant-style meals anytime between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily so residents and their families and friends can come and go as they please. Our caring and professional staff will provide a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living, including courtesy transportation to medical appointments or excursions around the city that offers a plethora of dining and shopping options.

Map of The Waterford at Edison Lakes