Tanglewood Trace

Reviews of Tanglewood Trace

Assisted Living Reviews for Tanglewood Trace

July 19, 2018

By Gregory

My loved one has moved into Tanglewood Trace and it's very nice. Everything has been great and wonderful. He does a lot of walks, visits with people, and goes down for every meal. He loves the food and he's very pleased with it. He's got a really nice 1-bedroom apartment. It's spacious, has really good outdoor light, and a patio right outside for him. It's a really nice and safe environment. He's very happy. The staff is very courteous and helpful. It's been a wonderful experience for us.

May 10, 2016

By Visitor1056

We went to Tanglewood Trace. It had a good location, good activities, and good maintenance. The only negative side was a few traffic problems; it was nothing serious, but it wasn’t a positive. We were treated very well, and we enjoyed the visit. The rooms were a little small but possible to live in.

February 29, 2016

By Mel Sandock

With the level of attention and care I receive I cannot imagine living anywhere else. This isn't where I want to be but definitely where I need to be.

February 26, 2016

By Pam Petersohn

My brother and I are very pleased with the quality and care that Tanglewood provides. We can breathe easily now that we know that mom is safe and happy here at Tanglewood.

December 23, 2015

By Nancy121154150

My husband I moved in a few years ago. He passed away last April and I decided to move out on my own again. I found I missed Tanglewood and needed the amenities. I moved back in 3 months ago and I love it. I will not consider moving again. I missed the socialization and the staff is exceptional. I would recommend Tanglewood to anyone.

November 22, 2015

By Glynae

Our visit with Tanglewood Trace was wonderful; however, my mom could not afford it right now. They were very friendly and very nice. There were lots of people playing cards and other activities. It was really nice. The rooms were wonderful. I would recommend them to others.

February 16, 2015

My mom is at Tanglewood Trace right now. It compasses everything she needs. It’s clean, and the people are responsive. It’s a lower level; you don’t have to take stairs or elevators. The staff seemed to be conscientious; they work with my mom, and I usually get an answer back pretty quickly. People appear to be easy to work with, and they answer my questions.

January 15, 2015

We visited Tanglewood Trace, and the rooms looked nice; we just didn’t feel comfortable with proper nursing care. We saw some people sitting around in the lounge area. The sanitation looked like it was in great shape. The rooms were not that far from the dining room.

May 30, 2014

By Becky18

My mom is in Tanglewood Trade, and I highly recommend them. They are very good. It is a secure facility. It is very clean and in a good location. It is close to us, and we can come there frequently. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. The food is good. They have all kinds of activities, and they go on shopping trips. They always have something going on, and she is happy there.

April 05, 2014

By June12

Mom is in Tanglewood. The rooms are of decent size, it’s got a separate bedroom and quite large living area. The staff is very helpful. There are plenty of activities. One of the things that really stood out to me is when you walk in, it’s like in a nice hotel environment. There’s no smell when you walk in. They could improve on the communication with the residents.

March 29, 2014

By Theresa19

Tanglewood Trace was very nice, very clean. It was a lot bigger than the other two facilities I have visited. I would say it had a little bit more in the way of nursing care if you needed it.

December 30, 2013

By Perry1

We knew other people that were in Tanglewood Trace. The staff was very friendly, especially the person who's in-charge of activities was wonderful. They have all kinds of activities. They take the residents out on mystery rides and to go to different places. However, they could improve on the food.

October 16, 2013

By Pattie3

I visited Tanglewood Trace and I liked that place too. They were doing some remodelling and that place seems to be very gracious and appropriate for my dad as well.

June 11, 2013

By Mike S.

My father moved to Tanglewood Trace. He seems to be very happy with the place. It's very open and airy. He likes the food and sits at a table with four other guys. Medical care is fine. People tend to be very pleasant. My dad made a comment that he's very happy with the staff. There's still room for improvement in terms of communication.

March 29, 2013

By caring3502

My father has decided to move into Tanglewood Trace. What we like best about the facility is its location and over-all, my father likes it very much.

Independent Living Reviews for Tanglewood Trace

June 28, 2016

By Debra038800

I visited Tanglewood Trace twice, but I felt like I was not welcome there. It's like, "You've been here before so we're not going to give you too much attention." It was very nice-looking, and the rooms were fair but not as nice as other places. They seemed to have more activities and an exercise room. The first time I visited them, their food was good. I really enjoyed their food.

May 10, 2016

By Greg H.KCKWZ

My husband has stayed at Tanglewood Trace several times for respite stay. It’s about the only place in town that does one or two days; the other places want two weeks or more to stay. He has his own one-bedroom apartment. It’s beautiful. The staff is very, very nice. We were invited to go a Dyngus Celebration, and we went and had dinner there. It was a very nice place. The meals are included in his stay and I get complimentary meals when he stays. The meals are very good food. The rates are very good too. They have all kinds of stuff. They have the normal bingo, they have happy hour, and they have movies. A lot of the residents, they like to get out of their rooms and sit in the common areas and just talk. They play cards too and they go on trips to Wal-Mart, Dollar Store and things like that every week.

March 28, 2016

By Camille9

I was really pleased with my visit to Tanglewood Trace. I liked the facility. Everything was on one floor, and there was a very nice atrium. The food service and everything in general was very pleasing. I think my mom would have enjoyed it there. They had a nice calendar of events and had a party going on while I was there. They go to the grocery store, shopping stores, and the doctors' offices. They are allowing Mom to take her dog with her. It seemed to be a friendly environment.

Questions about Tanglewood Trace

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Tanglewood Trace. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents enjoy various levels of assisted services from being independent to a higher level of care as their needs progress. Ages range from mid 60's to 100 years young. Many of our residents enjoy bingo, cards, outings to shop or shows, entertainers, exercise class, church services, crafts, social hour and monthly themed family nights.

What programs or activities does Tanglewood Trace offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Many of the activities provided in our community are focused on physical, mental and spiritual fullfillment and personal preferences.

What places are near Tanglewood Trace or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located in Mishawaka, just off Grape Road which offers various shopping opportunities from independent stores and the University Park Mall. There are many favorite restaurants to delight the palat within 1 mile of our community.

What transportation services does Tanglewood Trace offer to assisted living residents?

Scheduled transportation is provided to doctors appointments and weekly scheduled shopping trips are available.

What makes the chef or dining program at Tanglewood Trace exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Tanglewood Trace prides itself with a restaurant style dining with salad bar at lunch and dinner. An always available alternative menue offers additional choices to satisfy our residents. Certain specialized meals are available and reviewed individually to meet your needs.

What safety features or security measures does Tanglewood Trace offer to assisted living residents?

A state-of-the-art call and monitoring system with pendants as well as licensed nurses and certified nursing assistance and home health aids to address resident needs. Exterior doors are alarmed.

How does Tanglewood Trace keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

There are various levels of communication for our families and residents. Many of our families participate in individual care plan conferences to keep updated on the needs of their loved one. Monthly newsletters are sent to families and residents to keep informed on upcoming events and we foster an open door policy welcoming conversation and suggestions.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Tanglewood Trace during daytime and nighttime hours?

We offer 24/7 nursing services provded by 2 nurses and 4 aids.

If Tanglewood Trace accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community and welcome small dogs and cats. Pets must be on a leash to keep them and our residents safe.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in-services are provided to keep staff current on senior care needs.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Tanglewood Trace. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our independent living resident vary from all walks of life and ages from 55 years old and over. They enjoy exercise classes, painting, socializing, shopping and outings to local attractions such as; theater, musicals, arts, zoo and local sports entertainment.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Shopping on Grape Road at various locations, The South Bend Cubs Baseball Stadium, Studebaker Museum, University of Notre Dame, Morris Civic Auditorium and these are just to name a few.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Tanglewood Trace has organized?

Casino trips, Shopping trips, Out to Lunch Bunch, site seeing drive, musicals, plays, movies, pumpkin patch and holiday lights show. These are just to name a few of the events and always welcome to incorporate suggestions from our residents.

What transportation services does Tanglewood Trace offer to independent living residents?

We offer schedule transportation to and from doctor appointments, shopping trips scheduled weekly. We also are available to schedule individual trips with concierge with a small trip charge.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

There are 5 beautiful atriums that bring outdoor living inside. Library with game tables, living room with tv, spacious multipurpose room for entertaining and social events. Covered patio with seating to enjoy.

We are pet friendly and to help keep our pets safe, we do require them to be on a leash. There are outside areas to walk pets.

Does Tanglewood Trace work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

There are various service providers in our area that can provide supportive services. Our marketing team is here to help provide options.

What safety features or security measures does Tanglewood Trace provide to protect residents who wander?

Exterior doors are alarmed, but not locked.

Costs for Tanglewood Trace

Photos of Tanglewood Trace

Services and Amenities of Tanglewood Trace

• Housing Extra: Villas

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: Licensed Assisted Living
  • State Licenses: 18-009669

About Tanglewood Trace

Tanglewood Trace is a single story community offering independent living within the community as well as independent villa's. Also provides licensed assisted living to meet various care needs. Apartment styles vary from studio, companion suites, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments that have kitchenettes or full kitchens, laundry service or laundry rooms available and housekeeping services. Many more amenities offered and we are pet friendly!

5 beautiful atrium's located in independent living, beautiful open grounds for outside enjoyment. 2 dining rooms that are spacious and elegantly set. Various lounge sitting areas, library, beauty salon, multi-purpose room for entertaining, private dining room, movie theater and therapy room where you can receive physical, occupational and speech therapies.

Map of Tanglewood Trace