The Wellington at Kokomo

Reviews of The Wellington at Kokomo

Assisted Living Reviews for The Wellington at Kokomo

August 21, 2015

By Larry111547750

The Wellington at Kokomo is a good community. They seem to care.

September 08, 2014

By Pamela21

My mother has moved into the Wellington at Kokomo last August 1st, and we are happy with it so far. They do have a nurse there on duty all the time, but mostly they have the RA's or Resident Assistants that check on the residents in the assisted living. They are not allowed to administer the medicines or anything like that, but they remind residents to take their medicines and if they need help with showering or bathing or anything, they can help them. They are very helpful, very friendly, and you can tell they are compassionate. I have been there at all hours and I have met people on every shift, and their response time is very good. The residents all have a call button that they wear around their necks and anytime they need anything, they just press that button and they are there within five minutes. There is usually two Resident Assistants in the evening to take care of everybody and I think their maximum number of residents is 63. In the afternoon after lunch, they have something scheduled whether it is a movie or some type of performance coming in. I think they have scheduled outings every Friday. They do have a bus that takes residents to where they actually need to go or if there is something that is not scheduled and they need to go somewhere, they have a bus and a driver that can take them during the day. They have church services twice a week and they bring in someone to do church service. All the meals are provided at a beautiful dining facility and are all homemade. My mom is really happy with the food, which is just something because in her days she was a normal cook. She couldn't cook anything now, but she is so happy with the food there, so that is good. It is very clean and we were really impressed when we first walked in to see how clean it was and if it smelled. Her apartment is just a one-bedroom apartment, but it is very well-kept. They did not have to do a lot to have her move in there. It is very homey and they have a big commons area that has got a lot of nice reupholstered couches and chairs.

December 11, 2012

By grneyed1der

My husbands doctor told me that they had day programs for Alzheimers patients and to go check it out. When I went out there they said they didn't have any unless you were living they and wanted to sign my husband up right away. My husband was just diagnosed and was no way near ready to be put in a facility but this lady was really pushing it. I didn't like it. She wouldn't take me on a tour either unless I would sign my husband up. I smell a fish somewhere.

Questions about The Wellington at Kokomo

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Wellington at Kokomo. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Ages range from late 60's to late 90's. Favorite activities include summer concerts at the local parks, happy hour every Friday, Sunday church services, Bingo, and monthly birthday parties.

What transportation services does The Wellington at Kokomo offer to assisted living residents?

Complimentary scheduled bus with wheelchair lift Monday through Friday.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly inservices.

What safety features or security measures does The Wellington at Kokomo provide to protect residents who wander?

Secure Memory Care

Photos of The Wellington at Kokomo

Services and Amenities of The Wellington at Kokomo

About The Wellington at Kokomo

Relax and enjoy life at The Wellington at Kokomo, an Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Kokomo, Indiana, where thoughtfully designed floor plans and myriad recreational and social opportunities will have residents knowing that we have thought of everything. Imagine an apartment home with no cooking, cleaning or maintenance - and friends next door. That's what residents get at The Wellington with three-restaurant-style, homemade meals a day, weekly housekeeping and flat-linen service, and plenty of social and recreational activities that will stimulate the mind, body and soul. Our studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment homes feature amenities such as emergency response systems and assist rails in bathrooms that provide peace of mind for residents and their families and friends, while 2-inch mini-blinds and wall-to-wall carpet offer privacy and comfort. We feature a full calendar of activities and social programs to offer our residents a rewarding, enriching lifestyle in a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and caring that promotes companionship.24-hour staffing and our close proximity to two hospitals are reasons not to fear in case of an emergency.

Map of The Wellington at Kokomo