Forest Creek Commons

Reviews of Forest Creek Commons

Assisted Living Reviews for Forest Creek Commons

April 13, 2017

By Denise081065

Forest Creek Commons was nice, and I liked the look of it. The staff was nice, and I liked everything about it. They had different activities like bingo, movie nights, and a library. The dining area was really nice with a nice atmosphere.

March 29, 2017

By Charlotte021105

We loved Forest Creek Commons. They offered three meals a day, laundry services, field trips, and activities. We were very pleased with them. We went there four times, and every time, they're very accommodating and very nice. They have individual living and garden homes and assisted living within the main building. We saw studio apartments, 1-bedroom apartments and garden homes, and their rooms are very roomy; there's enough square footage.

September 11, 2016

By Joyce186154

Forest Creek commons was very clean and nice. However, everybody was in a room, somebody was talking, and it reminded you of a nursing house. The cafeteria wasn’t very large. They were the most expensive of all that we have seen.

I am the Executive Director and I am sincerely interested in your comments. We do have speakers for some of our Lifestyle 360 programs along with a wide variety of calendar choices of including the intellectual, social, physical, spiritual and emotional dimensions of wellness. Our meals are served restaurant style in our dining room so we do not have a cafeteria. Please give me a call. I would be delighted have you join us for a Lifestyle 360 program and to dine with me so you can have the Forest Creek Commons Signature Experience that our residents have each and every day. We can also review the costs as we typically can accommodate most budget considerations. If you prefer, one of our residents can host you and you are welcome to ask them all about us. Thank you so much for your consideration.

September 01, 2016

By Clarence817211

Forest Creek Commons was OK. They showed us a 2-bedroom/2-bathroom facility next to a 2-car garage. But I thought for the price and everything, it was cheap for us to stay where we are. They cater to the veterans, which I liked because I'm a retired naval officer. They had social activities, which was important too for older people. I had been there for social events before and the residents seemed to be happy. They had some dancing, they card playing, and I would call activities for older people. They had special activities for veterans.

June 10, 2016

By John R.434880

Forest Creek Commons is the one I’d really like to go to. It made me feel comfortable because the place is decorated really nicely. Some of the floors were wood and carpet which feels homey and not like a hospital room with tile. They had the facilities for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and computer rooms, lounges, and nice hallways. The help that they had available was awesome. The activities were good. Staff member Cody has been super about helping me and and answering any questions. He’s been keeping in contact with me and sees how I’m doing, so that is a big thing for me.

May 10, 2016

By AnonymousGJWJV

I am impressed with Forest Creek Commons for my grandmother. She wasn't there very long before she got sick, but when we were there, they were phenomenal.

December 01, 2015

We did go to Forest Creek Commons. It was a 5-star place. They had garden homes. They had some two-bedrooms. If we went, we would choose the one-bedroom with a den because the den is large enough to serve as another bedroom. It had a complete kitchen. In the bathroom, you can shower, but it had seat built-in, so everything was very handy. The living room was open right into the dining room, so you have a nice big space. It also had a sunroom, and it’s insulated, so it is for year-round use. The community was a little newer, and everything was beautifully done, but it was more expensive.

November 07, 2015

By Harold27

I moved into Forest Creek Commons on the 1st of October. The staff is OK. I have a two-bedroom with garage, but it's a bit old. The food is great, and I like the people.

July 13, 2015

I went to Forest Creek Commons for a visit, and it's an OK facility. Their rooms are a little smaller. The staff was very nice during my visit. They have smaller recreation areas where people could gather around and play.

May 15, 2015

By Tom106741550

Forest Creek was very clean, and the people were very helpful and answered my questions. The room that I visited was very nice. They have bingo and Wii bowling, and they keep them active. They are talking to me very openly.

April 27, 2015

By Donna105885350

Forest Creek was really nice, but it was smaller and cost a lot more money. The people were very nice too and answered all my questions, but the facility was a lot further away.

Thank you so much for your review of Forest Creek Commons. We appreciate your comments about the nice and helpful staff. We also appreciate your observation regarding the size, price, and location. We will continue to strive to keep our pricing within the market rates for our area. We are sorry to hear that our location was not in the area you were looking. We wish you and your family well. Thank you, again, for taking the time to write a review for us. Your input is extremely valuable.

Denise Dickey, Executive Director, Forest Creek Commons

February 09, 2015

We did like Forest Creek Common. It is a little older facility, but it seemed to be well taken care of. The dining area has a very large dining space. They made a big deal about showing the menu and introducing us to the chef that was there. They consider the food to be restaurant quality though I wasn't able to try it. It would be my third choice just because it is older. The sanitation is above average, but it didn't appear to be clean as the other facilities, and that may just be because it is old. We got there later in the evening, and the staff is very accommodating. The person that does the tour normally doesn't do it that late, but she was willing to stay with us. She spent lots of time with us. They made a point to introducing us to their kitchen staff, and they seem to be very pleasant.

Thank you so much for your review of Forest Creek Commons. We appreciate your comments about the sanitation and care taken of the community, as well as how pleasant the staff was during your tour. We also appreciate your observation regarding the age of the building and appearance. We will definitely look as ways to update and improve our appearance. We wish you and your family well. Thank you, again, for taking the time to write a review for us. Your input is extremely valuable.

Denise Dickey, Executive Director Forest Creek Commons

November 08, 2012

By cebjmr

Forest Creek Commons has it all! I went to several other facilities with my family members before we made a decision on where grandpa's new apartment would be. The facility is gorgeous! The designated areas where family/visitors spend time with their loved ones have a very nice feeling of "home". There is a restaurant/ dining area with a menu that changes daily where you can eat with your family and there is even a theatre with two daily movie options where family is also welcome these were features we, as a family really enjoyed.As far as my grandfather goes, he really enjoys his new apartment. He also enjoys his nurses. They are funny and genuinely have a passion for what they do. The rest of the staff is exemplary as well, they stay up-to-date with who's who and what's what. Forest Commons has been very accommodating for my grandfather's needs.

November 06, 2012

By friendSarah

On first arrival of the place it looked really nice and the upkeep of the grounds was very pleasant. The rooms that I visited, though not large, had a spaciousness and felt as if they were actual homes and not just hospital rooms. It was very tight knitted community with activities posted and encouraged of all residents to participate. The staff that I came in contact with were friendly and generally interested in all aspects of the daily life of their residents. I appreciated the fact that everyone was so friendly and though there was a community atmosphere there was sufficient down time for personal activities or times to just relax in your home by yourself. The d̩cor inside the homes are variant and able to be customized to an extent as most rental properties are. I mentioned the grounds were kept clean and fresh that changed with the seasons, and the buildings themselves were generally kept up as well.

October 01, 2012

By Caring480 1

Forest Creek Commons seem like a very nice place, very open, and it has therapy room. It has a restaurant, you can order what you want off the menu. It has transportation to doctors. There's a nurse on-call and assisted living aides.

February 16, 2012

By Missy2

Forest Commons Assisted Living Community was a very well designed and comfortable facility. The 'independent' homes were close enough to walk to the dining hall, but far enough away to be private. The rooms and apartments in the facility were also very comfortable. They had all the requirements for care and safety, yet were very warm and comfortable. The main facility was also very nice. There were various common areas were you could meet with family, play games with friends, or just relax and watch TV and not feel alone or isolated in your own room. There was a full time social coordinator. The activities that were planned really exhibited the coordinator dedication to the job. The area I really know the most about was the dining hall. The dining hall was extremely nice. It was run by a full time chef, educated in both culinary and dietic skills. Each meal was offered a healthy selection. Both lunch and dinner included some kind dessert. I was extremely impressed the facilities willingness and ability to accommodate my aunts special dietary needs. She was a vegetarian and she was having memory problems. The facility fixed special proteins for her that we provided, and they helped her remember to add special items to her food, such as nutritional yeast. This really endeared the place to me, as it is impossible to always be there. I ate many meals with her and participated in several of the organized activities and I always felt that the residence were treated with the respect they deserved and that they were really enjoyed and valued as people by the staff. There was always the person there that was to the point were they need more care than what the assisted living facility could care for. I noticed when this happened the families were always approached in a professional manner and that the facility worked with the family to make appropriate arrangements.

Independent Living Reviews for Forest Creek Commons

Costs for Forest Creek Commons

Photos of Forest Creek Commons

Services and Amenities of Forest Creek Commons

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Features Extra: Library, Movie Theatre, W/D In Apt.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Home Sale Assistance

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Vegetarian

About Forest Creek Commons

Forest Creek Commons offers compassionate senior care in Indianapolis, IN. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Forest Creek Commons shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Indianapolis, IN.

Map of Forest Creek Commons