North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes

Reviews of North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes

Memory Care Reviews for North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes

September 14, 2019

By JamesB9950

For almost 3 years my mother has been a resident. I, along with my sister, have been very pleased with the facility and staff. Of course, we all want the absolute best care for our parents and/or loved ones. NWV has very high standards and works diligently to resolve and address any issues that may come up. Is it perfect? Oh heck no, but who is? Do they try to be? Oh heck yes. One of their primary accomplishments in my opinion is the respect that they demonstrate daily to residents/patients in their care. That in itself says a lot about who they are. They have also helped educate me through their virtual dementia tours. I actually took a couple of friends with me because they also are dealing with similar situations. I have also passed out several brochures and/or recommended friends and acquaintances to visit the FW facility. I do not refer anyone for anything on a whim. I have to believe in someone's ability and integrity to do so. NWV meets that criteria.

September 12, 2019

By Outlook

Staff was friendly and seemed like a great team.

September 11, 2019

By moma's Boy

l just put my 101 year old mother in North Woods. l must say every employee we have met is very good and very caring. Mom was very scared but all have welcomed her and she is feeling very safe. Very clean room. She tells us the food is great. She does not care for activities, so they let her stay in her room if she desires. l am sure she will get involved as she gets more settled. Better communication with staff between shift's is the only negative so far.

September 05, 2019

By KimmyKay

The staff at North Woods truly care about their residents. I see it every time I visit. Everyone from the cook to the nurse to the aids - everyone is very loving. They also like to have fun and joke around, which does wonders for my Dad's wellbeing. There are lots of activities for the residents. The food is delicious and very nutritious. My only negative is that they often seem short staffed. But I don't know of any other facility that is not short staffed.

April 15, 2019

By familyinfacility

North Woods Village has been a good choice for the last 2 years for our mother. The rooms provide a "home like" environment and the dining arrangements create a "family setting". She has established a connection with other "friends" and partipates on a daily basis in special programming as often as she is able. Family members also appreciate being able to consult with staff on an as needed basis regarding her care.

April 08, 2019

By gerry jo

If I had it all to do over, after being a care giver for my wife for 3+ years, and the time to really check out facilities closer to home and family, My wife probably would not be at Northwoods Villages. I say this because the rooms are either too small or too large and overpriced, and staff not adequate to handle the work load. The laundry service is very poor. most of the present staff try hard to serve the resident's, but under staffing to save operating cost's is shameful. Activities only during the day are a God send to all and any thing entering like music ,but evenings and weekends are pitifully long due to nothing going on Weather permitting the outdoor court yard and gazebo, along with tables, chairs, and umbrellas, and above ground gardens are great

April 08, 2019

By sisigirl86

This place is amazing. The layout and setup of the building is beautiful. I loved the courtyard, it is surrounded by the building itself so the residents are secure! They have lots of daily activities to do and the activities ladies are very nice and good to the residents. The rooms are set up nicely and are a very good size! The staff is always friendly and helpful!

June 06, 2017

By anonymous161325

I really liked North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes, but the rooms might be just a little bit small. They have different sizes -- small, medium and large -- but the layout of the rooms is a little odd too. They understand the different levels of Alzheimer's disease, and they try to gear things toward those. They have that personal touch, and they know the stories and backgrounds of each individual there. It's a very clean facility. They have a larger area that is locked in and goes into a circle area, so it's more of an open area. I was very impressed with it. They serve three meals, and the staff is very good.

November 09, 2016

By Terri060614

I was pleased with the feel and the look of North Woods. The way it was designed and decorated was very well done with beautiful courtyards. It looked like there were multiple things for the residents to do. I was pleased with how the rooms were set up, and even the restrooms had floors that were slip free; there was a lot of detail that was very well done with regard to the care of the residents and how it was designed. The person who assisted me was very helpful, thorough, took the time with me, and answered my questions. The dining area was fantastic; I thought it was really neat how each wing had their own dining room. However, I didn’t see smiles on the faces of the staff; I did not get the feeling that the staff is friendly, and that turned me away. I feel that was more important than anything else.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and review North Woods Village at Inverness lakes.  Your input and feedback is very important to us. We want everyone to feel welcomed when they visit our community.  We are sorry to hear that this wasn't the case from all of our team members during your visit.  We would love to invite you back to our community for lunch so you can spend a little more time around our staff and get to know us and our community better.

September 26, 2016

By NRT

We did our homework before choosing a memory care facility. North woods Village has surpassed our expectations. Our mom is treated with respect by caring and compassionate professionals. The atmosphere is always upbeat and positive. I am amazed at how quickly Mom is feeling comfortable in her new home. Mom is safe and happy! Feeling blessed!!

August 16, 2016

By Double Trouble

[;Excellent at every turn. Compared to the last facility there is no comparison....twice the available employees,, excellent food, and always cleanliness and the best care from very caring employees!

August 15, 2016

By Robert Bolen

Northwoods Village is a wonderful facility and I'm so happy for my mother to be a resident there. The staff is very caring and treat all of the residents with kindness and respect. The daily activities keep the residents engaged and involved and so they do not just whither away. The food is excellent and since the building is only one year old it is very up to date. Not only does Northwoods Village care for the residents it also cares for the community by hosting numerous community informational dinners. In conclusion, I'm very happy for my mother to be at Northwoods Village because of the care, and value, which she receives.

February 11, 2016

By Eliseoren

My parents have been in 6 different Fort Wayne nursing facilities. Northwoods Village is far superior in every category. Caring for Dementia and Alzheimer's Patients is their expertise. The staff is professional and fun! The food is uhh-mazz-ing. They truly care about my Dad. The activity director is constantly keeping the residents entertained and active. Music is a part of her daily routine with them, which sparks lots of memories! Love this place!
See all Memory Care reviews (21) See fewer reviews

• Pharma

• Tai Chi

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes

Offered exclusively at North Woods Village communities, “NEW DIRECTIONS"® is our signature approach to memory care.

Offering the perfect blend of resident-centered care, the support and attention of a specially trained staff and the comfort and convenience of a physical environment designed with purpose, “NEW DIRECTIONS"® will provide residents of North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes with the support they need and the independence they deserve.

All memory care and they are experts! They are smaller neighborhoods set up so residents can eat, play and live together in a smaller setting. This Community is brand new and they are taking applications now for residents.

Map of North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes