Covington Commons

Reviews of Covington Commons

Assisted Living Reviews for Covington Commons

October 10, 2017

By skayf

This is a well run ALF with a good staff, good food (despite my mom always saying her cooking is better), nice activities and great services for their higher need residents (my mom is one). My mom and her husband have been at CC coming up on almost a year now. With the care, routine, attention, nutrition and socialization she is doing much much better. The CNA's work very hard to take care of their residents, and it's not an easy job. In my experiences, they have been patient, sweet and contientious in their work. I know it's a stressful job dealing with lots of different personalities, needs, demands and even sometimes that resident who just doesn't wanna be there. Luckily, my mom doesn't sing she wants to go home all the time now (that I am aware of). The nursing staff is busy but responsive. Patient, kind and attentive to the residents as well as their staff. It's a hard job, and they do it well. I am happy to have their experience on board. It's a relief knowing my mom is in better hands than trying to live at home and failing. There are a variety of good activities, but residents do have to decide to participate. They have some great music, outings, exercise, crafts, a dog visitor and yep... BINGO. Overall, a well run place and I've been pleased at their patience and support of my mom. I would not hesitate to recommend this facility to anyone making the difficut decision that their parent can't live at home safely any longer.

February 07, 2017

By JoeG

I really liked this place and I'd definitely consider it. But it is not on right side of town for me. staff were nice and knowledgeable.

September 17, 2015

By Karen113362350

Covington Commons was newer; everything was very clean and very kept up. All the residents appeared clean; a lot of them kept the doors to their rooms open which seemed very inviting like they interacted with each other. It’s so nice to see them being able to bring some of their cherished stuff with them and put their own pictures on the walls. There were several residents in a community room who were having group discussions about different topics. The rooms seemed very nice, more personalized, and the apartments reminded me of hotel rooms. The dining rooms are very nice; they look like restaurants.

June 28, 2012

By bigbrownbear

I have known about the facility for a long time because they buy their products at the grocery store i work at. The staff that comes into the store was always friendly so when it was time to find a place for my grandma that was the first one i thought of. The facilities are clean and well organized. the staff is always helpful and accommodating, and i have yet to hear one bad thing about them from my grandma. The grounds are well kept and the only problem is occasionally the smell, but its pretty much the same as any other facility with a large amount of seniors. The other residents are well mannered and usually keep to themselves or with their visitors, although i have had a few interesting conversations with people who looked particularly lonely, although it turned out that his family was on vacation and was in no way related to neglect by the staff.

Costs for Covington Commons

Photos of Covington Commons

Services and Amenities of Covington Commons

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Garden Home Duplexes

• State Licenses: 16-012775-1

About Covington Commons

Covington Commons offers compassionate senior care in Fort Wayne, IN. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Covington Commons shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Fort Wayne, IN.

Map of Covington Commons