The Hearth at Windermere

Reviews of The Hearth at Windermere

Assisted Living Reviews for The Hearth at Windermere

June 28, 2016

By Gail377425

I am at The Hearth at Windermere. The staff is wonderful, especially the activities people. The rooms and apartments are small. I came from a home of 3,500 square feet, and now I am living in 450 square feet. The food is delicious. The dining area is bright and cheerful. The grounds and facility location are excellent. We have a fish pond outside our dining room door and birdfeeders which are very relaxing. They're in the process of redecorating with new paint and new carpet. I was a little upset a few months ago because they changed therapy companies, and I was very upset about that, but I have adjusted now. We have a hair salon, a manicurist, people who help us with our shower, three meals a day, and meals in your room. They do charge $2 if they have to bring a meal up, and I'm not thrilled about that. We're allowed to have pets, which is a big thing. The only negative comment I have is the communication between departments can be very, very poor. The memory care patients are separate.

October 25, 2015

By Brian29

The Hearth is in walking distance from where we live. The room is pretty big with a bathroom and kitchenette. The tour guide was helpful. They have a very good menu, and the dining area was pretty full, so they have waiters and waitresses who helped with the food.

January 28, 2015

By Living too far away

My 89-year-old mother was quite resistant to the idea of leaving her home of 60 years. When the doctor suggested that to continue to drive might be unsafe, my mom's perceptions shifted. She needed to be independent. It was her choice to move into The Hearth at Windermere, and she hasn't looked back. Now she calls me at least three times a week to tell me how caring the staff is, about another new friend she has met, or how busy she is doing activities she enjoys. All I wanted for my mom was to be safe and stimulated, living among others. The Hearth at Windermere is that and so much more..

October 16, 2014

By beb1

We already placed my step mother at The Hearth. We liked the price better than any of the others. We thought the marketer did a great job; everything smelled and looked clean. The grounds were very nice; she likes the courtyard very much. There’s a drugstore and a place to get your mail. They have weekly shopping trips. They have daily Bingo, exercises, and religious services, and there’s also an outing where she could go out for lunch. The staff for the most part seem to be very interested with the residents and friendly even to the family. They began recognizing us. They have a pretty good eye on that front desk, and they’ve been great.

May 31, 2013

By caring0522313

My mom was in the memory care facility in The Hearth at Windermere for four years. The staff to resident ratio there was pretty low. I felt like there were many times there could have been more attention to the residents. She had from time to time some unexplained bruising skin tears. When I inquired about these, they usually never really know how it happened. Some facilities would tell me that she is not appropriate for memory care, she should be in long-term care, and the Hearth failed to tell me that. My mother needs help with everything. Hearth couldn't help her with their staffing issues. Overall, I think it was a pretty good experience.

Questions about The Hearth at Windermere

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Staff receive mandated training such as appropriate communication with dementia patients, sun downing, behavior management, etc.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Hearth at Windermere. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Hearth at Windermere is a very active community with many residents still driving and coming and going as they wish. Our philosophy is "there is a lot of living going on here." We have quite a few married couples, a good ratio of men and woman and we are proud to say we are the home of many veterans.

What programs or activities does The Hearth at Windermere offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Hearth celebrates Happy Hour with (alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages), exercise classes, shopping, card clubs, History Club, Church services and Sacraments, arts and crafts, cook-outs, gardening, and many forms of entertainment.

What places are near The Hearth at Windermere or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The Hearth in Fishers is right in the middle of everything. You can walk to several restaurants, CVS, Dairy Queen, nail salon, etc. We are just down the road from Meijer's, Kohl's, the movie theatre, banks. etc.

What transportation services does The Hearth at Windermere offer to assisted living residents?

The Hearth provides transportation to physician appointments, group outings, shopping, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Hearth at Windermere exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Chef Robert has been with the building since its opening and specializes in soups. The Hearth offers restaurant style dining, where residents choose there meals when waited on by our dining staff. We offer two seating's 7:15 and 8:30, 11:15 and 12:30, etc.

What safety features or security measures does The Hearth at Windermere offer to assisted living residents?

The Hearth offers pendants to residents as well as pull cords in the bathrooms. All doors are locked with the exception of the front door, which is locked at 6:00 pm in the winter and 8:00 pm in the summer.

How does The Hearth at Windermere keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Hospitality calls are made weekly by management. Nursing contacts family members for pertinent changes in a resident.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Hearth at Windermere during daytime and nighttime hours?

The ratio varies from unit to unit.

If The Hearth at Windermere accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The Hearth understands the importance of our furry friends and accepts small dogs and cats. We are required to have pet records.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff receive mandated training such as fire safety, disaster planning, dementia care, etc.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

The memory care unit is staffed with nursing and CNA's based on the acuity and census of the unit.

What safety features or security measures does The Hearth at Windermere provide to protect residents who wander?

Keepsake Village, a memory care unit is another level of care provided at The Hearth in addition to Independent Living and Assisted Living. Memory care is a locked unit that is arranged in a square with the living room in the middle and residents apartments around the outside. We also offer an outside area for residents to enjoy fresh air and exercise.

What programs or activities does The Hearth at Windermere offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

The staff work with residents to engage long-term memories with gardening activities, exercise, music, food, etc.

The UM's assess patients as needed and the DON completes a quarterly assessment.

What techniques does The Hearth at Windermere use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Hearth staff assist our memory care residents with cuing, encouragement, observation and assistance.

How does The Hearth at Windermere keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around The Hearth at Windermere. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Hearth is located in a residential neighborhood just minutes from a business district.

Is The Hearth at Windermere affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

The Heart is located minutes from Community Hospital North, IU Saxony and St. Vincent Saxony

Photos of The Hearth at Windermere

Services and Amenities of The Hearth at Windermere

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About The Hearth at Windermere

Our vision is to provide the finest residence with the highest quality of care, hospitality and service.

The Hearth at Windermere is a family. Our residents are the utmost concern, making sure they are safe, secure and happy, is our priority.

We believe that in order to have a family setting, each of our residents needs to feel comfortable.

As a resident at The Hearth at Windermere, you will have a worry free environment, as all your day to day concerns will be taken care of. Our many services will allow for you to remain in the privacy of your own apartment for encouraged independence and freedom.

Map of The Hearth at Windermere