Willow Park Evansville, IN

Reviews of Willow Park

Independent Living Reviews for Willow Park

June 21, 2021

By Michael

Willow Park is a 120-unit facility. They offer 3 meals a day. They have a beauty shop on-site, and it has a physical therapy room on site. There is no nurse on staff, but they have assistance if you need it. They have individual patios for each apartment unit. The 1-bedroom apartments that they have are a nice size. They have a living room, a small kitchen space, and they're about $2,000 less a month than the other ones we looked at. It is an older place. It was not fancy as the others. From a utility standpoint and what you will be able to do there, it's very nice.

March 22, 2021

By Phyllis

I went to Willow Park to visit some of my friends. I've been there when they had activities, and it was fun. They have as many activities available as the other facilities that I know. The only reason I would not rate them as high is that you can't stay there for the rest of your life, unless you die of another cause. It only has independent living. They play bingo sometimes, and they'll also have speakers. I have eaten there once, and I had a great meal. I know that my friend who lives there is extremely happy with it, too. The facility looked smaller. When you drive in, you just drive down an incline into a very short little parking area. If you're older and you need to sit down outside, you'd like some place that's pretty looking. At Willow Park, you're seeing other buildings, so the scenery is not that great when you look out the window.

August 30, 2020

By Little Miranda

Everyone was friendly each time I visited. Very helpful when I had questions. When my friend passed they were there to support every step of the way.

August 26, 2020

By Ulrich Family

Dad loves the Willow Park community. The staff is so kind. He is so happy their!! Thanks to all the staff for keeping the residents safe during these uncertain times. ❤️

August 27, 2019

By Martha

The one-bedroom apartment at Willow Park was too small, and my parents didn't care for it. They have a nice, big dining area and a lot of activities planned. They have several different floor plans that are nice, and they have two-bedroom apartments. The staff member was nice, and they provided excellent service. It's a very clean place.

July 31, 2019

By Robin

Kim was extremely friendly and helpful. She was so willing to work with us. The facility was older, but kept up well. The residents we interacted with were friendly and kind. Dad is just not quite to the point of needing this level of care yet. We will keep it in mind though when he is!

July 21, 2019

By Luella

Willow Park's staff was very nice, informative, friendly, down-to-earth, and explained things in great detail. It was a nice area and I felt comfortable. The place is very clean and neat. I can keep my car there which is nice, and it's close to a lot of shopping centers. The rooms were very nice, and the apartment they took me to has been recently vacated, and painted. The room sizes were great. It was on the ground floor which I liked since I had a walker. The dining area was lovely and the food was very good.

January 03, 2018

By Kim

I visited Willow Park, and it was nice. The staff member, Kim, was very nice, and very helpful. The dining area was fine and clean. They showed us the place where they play cards and Bingo.

July 17, 2017

By AM

Willow Park is in a very good location. The staff is great and always trying to help. Everyone that I have come in contact with has been very good and go above and beyond. The pricing is good, and you have many options to choose from, but having a mature staff would help because not everyone understands the elderly and their needs. The food is OK, and they have their own bus.

December 07, 2016

By Patricia143512

Our experience with Willow Park was very nice. They were very cordial. We visited primarily because my cousin could have a pet. The rooms were spacious, clean, and very nice. The staff was very informative.

December 06, 2016

By James080870

Mother moved into Willow Park 3 months ago, the food was adequate, it was decent, and it was more of a home-cooked meal. It was very reasonable. It's independent living, but you can hire senior helpers. The family would have to take the residents to their doctors unless someone would come in for therapy. I thought the 1-bedroom was very nice.

December 10, 2015

By La Donna1

Willow Park was nice and closer to a lot of the places where my parents do their business, but they didn’t like it. They were not as comfortable there. The staff didn’t seem as friendly when we went to visit and didn’t talk to our parents as much as they talked to us, which should not be the case because they are the ones who will live there, not us. The dining room, food, and room they showed us were very nice.

November 30, 2015

By Joyce117282050

At Willow Park, I like the fact that meals were included and that they had some health care on premises. It just seemed like a really nice, clean place. The staff was very knowledgeable and very nice.

July 21, 2015

By sue75289150

I visited this facility& was very impressed. I had lunch there & talked with 2 of the women who were residents there. They love the place.

April 27, 2015

Willow Park was a relaxed environment, and it was clean. The staff and even the housekeepers interacted. The residents looked happy. They had activities, and the people were participating. They had dance. The manager who took me around was good in explaining everything to me as well as the program director. The staff were naturally kind. The rooms were spacious with a lot of closet space and were wheelchair accessible. Nobody regulates their food. You have to know your own diet.

April 17, 2015

The rooms at Willow Park are very small, but they are nice. It is more of a place for people who need assisted living. Everybody is happy. They have a little chapel in there. They have three floors. They invited us for dinner, the chef comes around to your table and deliver your orders, and it is always so good. They have a bus that takes them around to activities.

January 17, 2015

By Terry42

The staff of Willow Park was nice. The rooms were small. You just have one room for your bedroom and living room. I like to do yoga, and I need a yoga mat somewhere. They gave me a meal during the tour, and the food was good. I like the people. I like the layout. I like the amount of activities. I think the thing about it was just the size of the apartments.

December 17, 2014

By Kay36

I thought Willow Park was really nice, but we could not afford it. I’d feel like I could move in here tomorrow, and my husband said fine. They have five or six activities people can join in everyday if they want to. They have three beauticians there, the laundry is right there -- you can do your own -- and it’s free. They have four or five different choices at every meal. You could choose what you wanted, and the food was very good. It’s really a nice place. They had like a walking race, and they would encourage you to walk down the hall with your walker and come back and whoever made it first for whatever they got. They have a variety of things for people in different levels of help. They serve meals three times a day, and they also have extra snacks foods and things available. They do have popcorn every afternoon. I like that the managers are fulltime and they live there, and I think he said the assistant manager did too so if something falls apart or they are having trouble, somebody is there right away, and they answered everything I asked.

December 01, 2014

By Rick28

We did live at Willow Park. It was supposed to be independent living, but some of the people that came in were not that independent. They had a car port you could rent for $20 a month, so you could keep your car out of the elements. They had a recreation room. They played bingo and had games. The staff at Willow Park was good; they were good to us. It was just the rent was too high. Willow Park was really good, but they had some people that shouldn't have really been in there because they were really ill.

Questions about Willow Park

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Willow Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 82y/o. We have a very lively and active community who enjoy playing card games, Monopoly and eating out together.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are located near Eastland Mall, multiple restaurants including but not limited to Red Lobster, O'Charley's, Hacienda and many more.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Willow Park has organized?

Residents enjoyed the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra as well as an outing to Bally's Casino.

What transportation services does Willow Park offer to independent living residents?

Transportation is FREE to Medical appointments, Shopping or any Resident needs.

What makes the chef or dining program at Willow Park exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our Executive Chef Rebecca is well know for her culinary skills!! Coming from the French Lick Hotel Residents enjoy her ability to showcase specialty Omelets and desserts.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

While we have a large activity room and comfortable TV/Movie lounge, Willow Park has many hidden spaces for quiet games of scrabble, bible study and much more.

What safety features or security measures does Willow Park offer to independent living residents?

Willow Park provides our Lively Mobile unit for all Residents which is GPS so in any case of emergency or anywhere our Residents are protected. Families can also download the APP and "track" their loved ones.

If Willow Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Willow Park is Pet Friendly and provides a walking path and courtyard area for long or short walks in comfortable and beautiful surroundings.

Does Willow Park work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Willow Park has an On-Site 3rd Party Provider which is Senior Helpers who assist our Residents as their needs arise, such as Medication reminders, bathing, dressing and much more. Willow Park also offers our On-Site Physician service so those having issues getting to and from the MD can have their own MD provide care in the comfort of their own apartment.

Costs for Willow Park

Photos of Willow Park

Services and Amenities of Willow Park

• Independent Living Starting At: $2019/month

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Willow Park

Willow Park is located in Evansville, IN, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Willow Park for a visit...and stay!

Map of Willow Park