East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

July 30, 2011

By plutoms

My grandmother has to stay in this miserable place and it makes me feel terrible. Every time I go to see her I grow to hate the place more and more. The staff is most of the time not around, they don't help out with much when the residents need it. They have beeping devices that go off if someone leaves a bed or their wheel chair. I heard one going off for 5-10 minutes, I left before I could notice anyone go in there and help the person out. From what I've seen they barely help the residents with going to the bathroom if they need to, or being put in bed. It's really a shot in the dark if anyone is going to be available to help. My grandma is allergic to peanuts, the cooking staff gave her a PEANUT butter cookie that she ended up eating half of before she noticed it was peanut butter. It says right on the slip of paper that comes with her meal that she is allergic to peanuts. Luckily she didn't have a very bad reaction to it. It wasn't the first time this has happened either, just the first time she actually ate it. We're there most of the time when she gets dinner, so we can tell if the cookie is peanut butter or not. Just so happened to get there late this time. The person who's usually at the nurse's station is very very rude and almost always looks as if she hates being there. One of the people at the front desk is also sometimes very rude. I've also seen bruising on my grandma that she claims was because the staff weren't careful, now she has some dementia so I don't know if that's true or not, but if so they need to be more careful. She has also claimed to have things stolen from her and my dad has said himself that she had 20 dollars that went missing one day. They're okay at providing certain things for her, like towels, bibs, pillows, blankets, etc. Their rooms are decently sized and don't feel too crowded. The bathrooms are also pretty nice, basic, but nice. This place would be great if it weren't for the staff, they ruin this place for me.

Photos of East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Services and Amenities of East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

• Housing Extra: We Offer Private And Semi Private Accommodations.

• Features Extra: Premier Services Include: Moving Forward Rehabilitation, Auguste's Cottage Memory Care, Skilled Nursing Services, Long Term Care, Respite, Hospice

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Offer 24 Hour Nursing Care.

• Licenses: 14-000169-1

About East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Elkhart, Indiana that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center