Parkside Court

Reviews of Parkside Court

Independent Living Reviews for Parkside Court

April 17, 2019

By MM

I was not impressed with Parkside Court. I had an appointment and I had to wait because the person giving the tour was on the phone. They also got a lot of problems going on within the staffing, and a lot of them were unhappy. The place was a little bit dirty. The cost was expensive for what I will be getting. She showed me the dining room, the exercise room, the beauty shop, and an efficiency and a 1-bedroom. There's nothing going on for the residents.

Hello, we are sad to read your tour at Parkside Court did not meet expectations. Your experience has been shared with local and regional management. Our staff works hard to provide a clean and welcoming community for residents and guests. Based on your feedback we are reevaluating current standards and processes at the community. If you are willing to give us another chance, please reach out to us to speak to our manager directly.

January 14, 2018

By James

We're very impressed with Parkside Court. It's an excellent facility, and we didn't see anything we didn't like. The apartments were adequately sized. The place was very good. We saw the people eating, and it looked like they were happy. One time we were there, they were playing games in the dining room.

July 17, 2017

By Anonymous

I didn't like Parkside Court. Some of the rooms were nice and had nice balconies, but they're small and the price was high. The gentleman who showed the place to me didn't act like he really cared whether we checked into it any further or not. He quickly showed me through, and then another woman handed me the packet. The gentleman was nice, but he wasn't a very good representative. They had this deal where you eat at certain hours, and that probably should be changed. I think the open times to eat are much better than set times to eat.

January 10, 2017

By Bob

My mother-in-law has already moved into Parkside Court. We are very pleased with the housekeeping. They come in every week and clean, they provide sheets and change the beds, and they bring towels and the toilet tissue. They have all the meals prepared in the dining hall, in which there are usually 4 choices that you could pick from. We like the fact that they have snacks after hours. After the dining room has closed, there is a refrigerator that has got usually sandwiches and desserts, and they have all the snacks available in that form. They do activities with them. They have euchre, dominoes, and puzzles; they have all sorts of things like that. They will provide transportation if you need it. They’ll take you to the doctors’ appointments or the hairdresser, and they will pick up prescriptions; they do all of that. The managers are very nice. They try to be on a level with the people as far as calling them by names so they know exactly who it is; that really impressed our family. The housekeepers and the people in the dining hall do the same thing. So when they walk by they say, “Hi, so and so,” and from that aspect, it is very inviting. They bring in entertainment for them. A lot of times after their lunch meal or after the dinner meal, they will have entertainment. They also have crafts; they have everything for you. You could actually live there, and they provide everything. It is just like if you were in a condo situation or an apartment building. It is very clean, and there is somebody cleaning and stuff almost continuously, so when you go in you see somebody cleaning. It is 2-floors, and they have 1-bedroom apartments, 2-bedroom apartments, and the efficiency apartment. They also have a hairdresser there too. I like the fact that if anybody could move in there and you are independent, you can come and go if you please, and you don’t have to sign in or sign out. The building is locked at night after a certain time that you have keys, and every family member gets keys, so they can come and go. You can come into the apartment at any time, and you are not limited to any of that. It is just the atmosphere of the whole place, and everybody is really friendly there.

November 21, 2016

By Karen863337

Parkside Court was wonderful. The staff was kind, compassionate, and helpful. The rooms were small, but it’s just what I need. There’s a small gym, they have a driver, and they have a free cable. It’s the first I visited, and I liked it so much.

September 09, 2016

By Tammy088448

Parkside Court is very nice and clean. It has nice people. The staff is friendly and helpful. My mom's room is small but adequate. She does not care for the food; she thinks it's just okay. They have a shuttle service and crafts. The grounds are beautiful. The facility is in a good location and is very easy to get to. It's more affordable than what people might think.

July 27, 2016

By Anita574435

Parkside Court is excellent and quiet. The manager who on-site has a lab that's there all the time so it didn't put her off that I had a 113-pound dog. The dining room was restaurant-style. It's very open and beautiful, and they give you many options.

July 02, 2016

By Laurie553222

Parkside Court was very clean, and there wasn't an odor. Everybody was really friendly and going out of their way, even the residents that were there were very nice. I was really impressed with the cleanliness and the fact that they had it set up with art pieces on the walls. It really looked upscale and really nice. They had bingo, travel programs, a crafts room, a lounge room with TV, and a beautician on-site. The managers live there. There is a nurse on-site all of the time, which is very comforting to me. Mom said it was 5-star dining and everything was really fresh. They had a snack room where the residents can just go in and everything will be provided, which is part of your monthly allotment. They can have fresh fruits and vegetables as snacks. The dining area had white tablecloths on it and people were being waited on just like in a real restaurant.

June 10, 2016

By Diana753450

Parkside Court was nice and clean, but I couldn’t afford it. The rooms were, in my opinion, too small for the cost. Their staff was very nice.

May 12, 2015

By Keith19

My brother is in Parkside Court. The staff seems really nice. The lady helps set him up. I eat dinner with him and see him 2 times a day. The room is pretty nice. He has a studio because he is by himself, but it is in a right size. It is all open except for the kitchen and the bathroom. The dining room is really nice, and the food is really good. I eat there, and I really like it. The have quite a few activities, but I don't know what they are.

June 17, 2014

I like the grounds that they have at Parkside Court. They have a little garden area, and it's nice. The rooms seem a little smaller, though. The kitchen is just really not a separate room; it's just up against the wall of one big rectangle room. The kitchen is at one end, and the living area is at the other end. The staff seems to be very nice. They do have activities. The dining area is very nice. The facility is very clean.

January 27, 2014

I've looked at Parkside Court for my father. I really didn’t see anything I didn’t like. The facility is very clean and very organized with plenty of things to do. When you needed help, they have it. I like it all. The place is also bright and cheery with a place to exercise. You can meet other people too or you can stay in your apartment. I like the rooms because it’s very roomy.

July 25, 2013

My mom is at Parkside Court for over a couple of years now. The facility is very good. It's very clean. They come in and clean her room once a week. She really likes the retirement community. She has met several people there and they have all kinds of activities. They serve three meals a day. The staff is good.

Costs for Parkside Court

Photos of Parkside Court

Services and Amenities of Parkside Court

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Parkside Court

Parkside Court is located in Columbus, IN, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Parkside Court for a visit...and stay!

Map of Parkside Court