Monroe Place Bloomington, IN

Reviews of Monroe Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Monroe Place

November 30, 2015

By Tim38

We found Monroe Place for mom right away. Mom absolutely loves the staff; she can’t be happier with them, especially the maintenance guy, John. Her room was absolutely gorgeous, and she got the model room. It’s got two big windows overlooking the courtyard with the big, beautiful tree, grass, and flowers. The food was fabulous before, but a month after it’s no longer as good.

November 21, 2015

By Steve97621250

The food was not good at Monroe Place. It tasted canned, greasy, and of poor quality. It seemed very processed. The place is not clean, so it was not right for Mom. The rooms were OK, but I think the place is kind of run down. The staff was cordial during our tour. They have a calendar of events as well.

September 03, 2015

By kalika0829

My mom just moved into Monroe Place about 3 months ago. She had a lot going on medically. We thought it was the end of the road for her. Since then they have placed her in therapy to help get her adjusted. Their activities director has taken her out into their community and now she is participating in activities. At first I could see my mom living there for quite some time then she fell. The hospital told us that she had to go to a nursing home. Monroe Place management promised us that she would be able to come back to her home. Her care level has gone up some and it has increased her bill. They are still bringing her down to activities everyday. I was impressed. Now that she can longer do the things that she used to do independently, my mom needs almost total care. She met a friend at Monroe Place and in order to keep her with her friend we agreed that it would be easier financially for my mother to share a room with someone. I didn't like this idea at first but now she can stay there with her friends and not have to go to the nursing home. They have really bent over backwards for my mother and my family.

March 28, 2014

I was at Monroe House. When I first went there, I thought it was nice. I had a nice big apartment and I like it. I had a nice living room, a kitchenette, a bathroom, and a lot of space in my closet. However, overall, the feedback for this facility is mostly all negative except for the help. The help was very good, but the management was horrible. At the time that I was there, the main woman who took care of the facility was not very friendly. Also food was terrible.

Costs for Monroe Place

Photos of Monroe Place

Services and Amenities of Monroe Place

• Get Costs

About Monroe Place

At Monroe Place, our assisted living community in Bloomington, IN, we provide thoughtful and compassionate care to all of our residents. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time registered nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Our residents engage in a variety of stimulating activities, such as tai chi, walking club, dances, religious services, music programs, art classes, and book club. We also offer invigorating outdoor activities and cookouts in our two courtyards and covered gazebo. We are a pet-friendly community. For high quality assisted living in Bloomington, schedule a visit to Monroe Place today.

Map of Monroe Place