Autumn Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Reviews of Autumn Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Memory Care Reviews for Autumn Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center

February 13, 2016

By Not for you

Very poor facility for residents with Dementia. The residents are not monitored or encouraged to participate in activities because there are no cognitive opportunities provided for residents here. The residents supervise themselves while the staff is busy doing who knows what. I was there today for 30 minutes and never saw 1 staff person with the residents. The only person I saw "working" was the girl sitting in the front lobby who unlocks the entry door. I could have walked out with any resident and no one would have known. I'm looking for another facility now. I would never recommend this facility.

November 21, 2015

By Steve97621250

Autumn Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center has several floors and a fancy dining area. It’s kind of built into the hills. They have a few private rooms and a lot of semi-private, but we didn’t want to go that route. The woman who took us on a tour was friendly and knowledgeable. I don't have any complaints about them.

March 11, 2015

By Mom's caretaker

Very unprofessional, uncaring establishment. I had an appt with the social worker to fill out paper work for respite care. I showed up and the social worker was a no show. Instead, the receptionist talked to me to say she was there to help me instead but she didn't really know what the social worker and I spoke about and the reason of my visit. She said, "you just want resources" when the reason for my visit was to fill out paperwork. I already have all the literature from a previous visit. After I left, I called the receptionist to tell her that just blowing off an appt with a client is not acceptable, specially since they are in the business of caring and dealing with people under a lot of stress. My voice was stressed and I was upset but I wasn't screaming. She said, I can't scream at her or she'll hang up the phone, then before I can respond she hang up the phone. Where's the compassion and the professionalism that one should expect from an institution like this? I can just imagine how they treat patients staying there who have dementia and can't speak for themselves. One would think that they would treat the family decently at least until the patient is in so one if left to wonder how bad they get after that.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Costs for Autumn Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Photos of Autumn Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Services and Amenities of Autumn Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Residential Care License

About Autumn Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Often the mental demands of those struggling with Alzheimer's disease can take over the emotional needs. But at JEA Senior Living, we keep the emotional needs and feelings of your loved one at the very center of what we do.

Our exclusive Meaningful Moments&reg program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of those Residents with memory loss. We begin by discovering the life story of each individual's likes, dislikes and cherished memories. By adding details and preferences from each Resident's life story into their day, we can build comfort and a sense of meaning for each individual Resident. The result is a familiar atmosphere for your loved one.

Our Residents have access to a whole host of amenities and programming options to help keep them active and engaged in daily life.

There are excursions to restaurants and shopping, arts and crafts classes, movie nights and many chances for family and holiday celebrations. Our Meaningful Moments&reg program, paired with our active and engaged staff members at JEA Senior Living, brings together the very best Alzheimer's care.

Autumn Hills provides individualized care plans through our Meaningful Moments program in a state of the art facility geared towards our dementia and Alzheimer's residents.

Map of Autumn Hills Alzheimer's Special Care Center