18 Independent Living Communities in Norfolk, VA

Also serving communities of Suffolk.

The Talbot on Granby

6311 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA
Deborah: "I used to live in the independent living level of The Talbot on Granby, but they also had assisted for those who needed it. I had a two-bedroom apartment. They had a dining room and daily activities for the residents. They have a small are... (read more)

Harbor's Edge Retirement Community

One Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA
Harbor's Edge Retirement Community is nestled between Riverside Park and the Elizabeth River in Norfolk, Virginia. Residents and visitors say that Harbor's Edge is in an exceptional location, providing picturesque views of the waterfront. R... (read more)

Cromwell House Apartments

114 Cromwell Pkwy, Norfolk, VA
beamorgan: "I lived in Cromwell House for over 5 years. I left recently because I decided to live with my children in order to spend more time with them.While I was living at Cromwell House I can say it was an enjoyable experience.The other residents ... (read more)

Lighthouse Pointe

933 Cedar Rd, Chesapeake, VA
Steven: "Lighthouse Pointe's staff was very pushy. I felt very rushed and wouldn't recommend it to anybody. They didn't have any apartments to show. The food was good, but the reading, relaxation and exercise areas were not comparable. They had an ... (read more)

2017

The Chamberlin

2 Fenwick Road, Hampton, VA
Charles: "We liked everything we saw at The Chamberlin. We liked the location. The staff was very cooperative and very nice. The dining area was very nice and we liked it very much."

The Crossings at Independence

2077 S. Independence Boulevard , Virginia Beach, VA
The Crossings at Independence is a senior living facility located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, less than three miles away from the Sentara Hospital. The community boasts an elegantly designed dining room with a real restaurant feel, a libra... (read more)

The Crossings at Harbour View

5871 Harbour View Blvd., Suffolk, VA
The Crossings at Harbour View is located in Suffolk, Virginia, just east of the Nansemond River. It is located next to the Harbour View Marketplace and is a short drive from Riverfront Golf Club. Residents and visitors are happy with the fr... (read more)

The Crossings at Oakbrooke

301 Clearfield Avenue, Chesapeake, VA
Tucked in beside the VA-168 highway in picturesque Chesapeake, Virginia, The Crossings at Oakbrooke is only a short distance away from Chesapeake Regional Health Center and several other medical facilities. Visitors to the community note th... (read more)

Overture Virginia Beach 62+ Apartment Homes

3317 Ocean Shore Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA
Rita: "I visited Overture Virginia Beach and got a nice and complete tour. The place was beautiful and modern. The staff was extremely helpful, but the community itself wasn't appropriate for my mom. She doesn't drive, and it was a long distance ... (read more)

Haygood Halls Apartments

1101 Ferry Plantation Rd, Virginia Beach, VA
Susan88225550: "Haygood Halls is at a tremendous location. It’s right across the street from the Methodist church, and quarter of a block from the local fire station and ambulance squad. It has a shopping center right across the street that’s a little clo... (read more)

Willow Creek Gracious Retirement Living

516 Great Bridge Blvd., Chesapeake, VA
Pleased Family Member: "The overall atmosphere at this facility is one of helpfulness and friendliness. We were dealing with the staff while out of state, and when we met everyone they were just as great. Beautiful surroundings and residents are treated almost ... (read more)

900 Acqua Luxury Senior Apartments

945 Legacy Landing , Virginia Beach, VA
Deborah: "I very much like 900 Acqua. It has a lot of amenities, like a swimming pool, and lots of activities that go on during the day through the evenings that I can participate in. You have to have a special key to be able to get in, so the safet... (read more)

Silver Hill at Town Center

4373 Bonney Road,, Virginia Beach, VA
Caring0813: "Silver Hill was pretty good but they allow small pets. One of the things that did not meet my satisfaction was that you have to do the laundry in the laundry room and I definitely prefer washer and dryer included in my apartment. It's clea... (read more)

The Reserve at Greenbrier

1005 Elysian Place, Chesapeake, VA
CH2: "We lived at The Reserve, but we had to move back home because we ran out of money. It was very nice. They had monthly meetings where you were invited to come and give your opinions, and the meeting room was full of people observing or sayi... (read more)

Sunstone Apartments

4600 Peek Trail, Chesapeake, VA
Caring107901750: "I was looking for independent living, and I visited one in Chesapeake. I liked Sunstone Apartments because it was far from the city noises like loud music and that kind of thing. It is quiet, and the apartments are wonderful. The apartment... (read more)

Jamestown Commons

1025 College Park Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA
Tyrone013440: "I visited Jamestown Commons. They have two days a week of socials, and they have a bus to take you around. Everything is strictly independent there. They have a courtyard, an exercise room, and a game room. "

The Cottages at Great Bridge

625 Bette's Way, Chesapeake, VA
Steven: "The Cottages at Great Bridge was small and convenient to where I needed to be. They didn't have meals. They had very nice, quiet grounds. They also game rooms and social areas for the seniors, which were very acceptable and nice."

Retreat at Greenbrier

1503 Carrolton Way , Chesapeake, VA

At A Glance

There are 18 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $3,475 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Norfolk area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 17 reviews of independent living communities in the Norfolk area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 18 independent living communities in the Norfolk area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.