26 Independent Living Communities in San Antonio, TX

Also serving communities of Castroville.

Newforest Estates

5034 New Forest Street, San Antonio, TX
Jason E: "This place is wonderful! They have a very welcoming atmosphere!"

2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Madison Estates

8645 Fredericksburg Rd, San Antonio, TX
Sue: "The rooms at Madison Estates were too small, and the facility wasn't kept up as well as I would like it to be, but the staff was very good, very knowledgeable, and very enthusiastic. My interaction with the personnel was very good. It's ol... (read more)

The Waterford at Thousand Oaks

4243 Thousand Oaks, San Antonio, TX
Steve: "My mom was a resident of The Waterford at Thousand Oaks, and we really like it there. It was very positive and friendly, and the staff was very caring. The community events they had there for the residents were excellent. It just had a rea... (read more)

2017

The Inn at Los Patios

8700 Post Oak Lane, San Antonio, TX
The Inn at Los Patios is located close to Interstate 410, MacArthur Park and Northeast Baptist Hospital in San Antonio, Texas. The facility gets compliments from residents for offering a variety of recreational activities, including bridge ... (read more)

2015, 2018, 2019

Brookdale Patriot Heights

5000 Fawn Meadow, San Antonio, TX
David: "Brookdale Patriot Heights is very comfortable and meets the needs that we think we have. The person who showed us around was excellent, didn't pressure us, and gave us answers. They have villas that are separated in little tiny cul-de-sacs... (read more)

Villa De San Antonio

8103 N Hollow Dr, San Antonio, TX
D.G.: "We moved into Villa De San Antonio, and we've been exceptionally pleased since we saw the community. The food is excellent, and we have a lovely apartment. Move in day was a little difficult because things weren't ready, but otherwise we'v... (read more)

2017

The Waterford on Huebner

8551 Huebner, San Antonio, TX
Teresa: "My dad moved into The Waterford on Huebner. It just felt very welcoming when we went there. Tina, the lady in charge, was great. I liked the way the place looked and felt, and my dad is very happy there. The staff is great, very friendly, ... (read more)

Emerald Oaks

20302 Bulverde Road, San Antonio, TX
John: "I have moved into Emerald Oaks. It is beautiful, open, and has a lot of light to it. I like the colors, which are very cheerful. The staff is excellent. The food is wonderful. The service is complete. They provide everything you need. They... (read more)

Blue Skies of Texas

5100 John D. Ryan Blvd, San Antonio, TX
Convenience-filled apartments, cottages and ranch homes. Laid-back independent living that’s engagingly energetic, too – there’s nothing else like Blue Skies West. Choose from Tower apartments, to stay close to the hub of the socializing, o... (read more)
Special Promotion! Ends in 225 days

2015, 2016

Franklin Park Sonterra

18323 Sonterra Place, San Antonio, TX
J.W.: "Franklin Park Sonterra had all of the amenities but was out of our price range. We thought that it was a very nice community. The staff was very friendly and helpful and provided my wife with a walker. I had an episode with my heart during... (read more)

Landon Ridge at Alamo Ranch

11300 Wild Pine, San Antonio, TX
O.J.: "I found Landon Ridge at Alamo Ranch, and it’s great. The food is great. We have a pool, a gym, and library. The staff is great."

2018

Adante Indpendent Living

2702 Cembalo Blvd, San Antonio, TX
John: "I put down a deposit to hold a room at Adante. I considered it because, as part of their service, they have a high level of care. However, it is not quite as comfortable and not quite as attractive in appearance. They only serve two meals ... (read more)

Watercrest at Dominion

6870 Heuermann Road, San Antonio, TX
GS: "My parents have moved into Watercrest at Dominion. It is new. The finishes and the layout are contemporary. The place itself has the feel of an upscale hotel; it has a nice aroma. They have very wide hallways. My parents are the first occu... (read more)

Blue Skies of Texas East

4917 Ravenswood Drive, San Antonio, TX
Patrick: "This facility was nice in appearance. Friendly staff. This facility takes care of their veterans and has frequent transportation to Lackland. On the property is a nursing home. The resident apartments are nice and located in a tower. The m... (read more)

Overture Stone Oak 55+ Apartment Homes

18610 Tuscany Stone, San Antonio, TX
Sue: "Overture Stone Oak was very nice. The apartments were acceptable, but I didn't like the location. It had lots of open spaces. They had a space for community activities, a lovely swimming pool, outside areas, and a community garden where yo... (read more)

Franklin Park Alamo Heights

230 W Sunset Rd, San Antonio, TX
Pat: "Franklin Park (Franklin Park Alamo Heights) is more of an apartment-style environment, but it caters toward elderly people with some assisted living type of amenities. It is a very high-end senior living place. It has a lot of amenities an... (read more)

The Lodge at Leon Springs

24137 Boerne Stage Rd, San Antonio, TX
Lois: "The Lodge at Leon Springs was very nice and homey. The staff members were very nice and I loved the cottages. I loved the rooms, I thought they were very nice, and they had roomy closets. They have a Friday night social that everybody goes... (read more)

Timberhill Villa Retirement Community

5050 Timberhill, San Antonio, TX
CaringReviewer138970: "The building is very quiet..T. his place is family owned and operated. The staff are nice and respectful of its' residents."

Independence Hill Retirement Resort Community

20450 Huebner Rd, San Antonio, TX
mary237811: "The staff at Independence Hill Retirement Resort Community was friendly. The residents that I met were happy and friendly, and they were complimentary about their accommodations. There seemed to be a lot of activities that I could particip... (read more)

2012

The Forum at Lincoln Heights

311 Nottingham West, San Antonio, TX
Sonya: "Mom was at The Forum at Lincoln Heights and it was a wonderful place. The staff was awesome. They were very caring and wonderful people. The food was great and the dining area was really nice. They have happy hours where they listene t mus... (read more)

2013

At A Glance

There are 26 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,463 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the San Antonio area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 240 reviews of independent living communities in the San Antonio area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 26 independent living communities in the San Antonio area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.