77 Independent Living Communities in Harris County, TX

Brookdale Memorial City

11900 Barryknoll Lane, Houston, TX
Bonnie: "Brookdale Memorial City is just senior living and not assisted living. It is a very large complex that has several different garden settings in the middle and all the apartments are around that. There's three levels, and they have one dini... (read more)

The Village at The Woodlands Waterway

2323 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands, TX
MM: "The Village at The Woodlands Waterway is extremely nice, but it is above what I could pay for. The staff members that I met seemed very nice. The community is very upscale and clean. It is extremely nice with wonderful surroundings because... (read more)

Heritage Tomball

1221 Graham Dr, Tomball, TX
Renee: "Heritage Tomball was nice, but very clinical, and not as well-kept as the others I've visited. The staff was very nice."

2013, 2014

Reunion Court of Kingwood

929 Rockmead Drive, Kingwood, TX
Ms. Sadie: "The waiting area was dusty and dirty. the facility is very dated and needs a complete facelift. The views from the windows were the parking lot or a small courtyard.. I would not want to live there - I thought the place was depressing."

2014, 2015, 2016

The Gardens at Spring Shadows

10100 Kempwood Drive, Houston, TX
Clayton: "The Gardens at Spring Shadows was extremely interesting. It had everything you could need, but it's a little bit more than we could afford. It was clean, well kept, and looked very presentable. They had trips, a library, a movie room, and ... (read more)

Copperfield Estates

16820 West Rd, Houston, TX
La Nita: "My mom has been in Copperfield Estates for a month now. It's clean and nice, and the staff is efficient. The food and dining room are nice, and my mom likes it. They have a library."

Brookdale Clear Lake

780 W. Bay Area Blvd., Webster, TX
Carla: "Brookdale Clear Lake is a very nice place; however, it is not completely enclosed. The hallways are covered, but they're open on the ends. The rooms are very nice. We looked at 1-bedroom apartment and it was very nice. They have activities... (read more)

Embark at Willowbrook Park

7575 Willowchase Boulevard, Houston, TX
Margaret: "I'm in a retirement home and it's called Brookdale. It's fine. I've been here for several months now. It has everything I need. The staff seems to be fine. I have no problem with anybody; they work hard. They offer a lot of different thing... (read more)
Special Promotion! Ends in 11 days

Paradise Springs

5600 Cypresswood Dr, Spring, TX
MM: "Paradise Springs is very good. Their staff is very good; they're very helpful. I like their staff. The only staff members that may not be rated as high would be the people that they bring in to serve the food. They have a special staff the... (read more)

The Abbey at Westminster Plaza

2865 Westminster Plaza Dr, Houston, TX
Marion: "My mom has been at The Abbey at Westminster Plaza for a number of years. It's a very nice facility in terms of its appointments, but whoever designed it had no concept of older people and the needs that they would have. The layout is very ... (read more)

2018

Brookdale West University

5151 Buffalo Speedway, Houston, TX
SHE345: "My mom is at Brookdale West University. We chose them because it’s independent living where people can have a large one-bedroom apartment with a separate living area. It’s more like a garden apartment with activities and nice facilities. I... (read more)

Tarrytowne Estates

1815 Enclave Parkway, Houston, TX
Paul: "Tarrytowne Estates is a beautiful place. I would love to be there, but financially, I can't do it. My impression of the staff and everything is 100%. I had lunch with a couple who have been there for three years and love the place. They ha... (read more)

Cypress Woods

2755 Chestnut Ridge Dr, Kingwood, TX
Ms. Sadie: "The living space is small. For independent living, the prices were very high. The facility is attractive and clean. The staff is very friendly. The activities for residents are plentiful. "

The Conservatory at Champion Forest

8215 Cypresswood Dr., Spring, TX
Jacqueline: "I visited The Conservatory at Champion Forest and it's beautiful. The apartments were very nice, and they were having a crowd activity the day I was there. I had a meal there and it was good. They have a swimming pool, convenient parking s... (read more)

Brookdale Galleria

2929 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, TX
Larry: "Brookdale Galleria was the second on my list. They invited me to eat lunch and showed me around, and I thought it was very nice. The food was very good; I had a good salmon steak. The atmosphere was excellent. It was exactly what I was loo... (read more)

The Waterford at Baytown

901 West Baker Road, Baytown, TX
Conveniently located a short distance from Interstate 10 in Baytown, Texas, The Waterford at Baytown provides assisted living for residents ages 55 and over. Residents and their loved ones give high marks to the facility's well-maintained g... (read more)

Holly Hall Retirement Community

2000 Holly Hall Street, Houston, TX
Theresa: "I really like Holly Hall. The grounds are lovely. There are options for assisted and independent living; those are well laid out. I like that the residents are so much part of the community. I also like that it is not-for-profit. The rooms... (read more)

Overture Tanglewood 55+ Apartment Homes

504 Bering Drive, Houston, TX
Visitor01: "Overture Tanglewood had large parking, which was nice. They have a beautiful infinity pool, a workout room, and an outdoor kitchen barbecue area. Everything else was indoors. They also have a movie theater."

Village on the Park - Houston

12102 Steepleway Blvd, Houston, TX
Anna: "I liked Village on the Park because they have individual cottages. They also have everything you need in the kitchen. They said if we want to experience what it's like to live there, we can come and stay for a month. I definitely thought t... (read more)

St. Dominic Village

2401 A Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
SHE345: "St. Dominic Village is nice and quiet on a large piece of property with a lot of trees. Everything is quiet and clean. The rooms are more like independent living, but there’s no kitchen, so it might be for people that are not as independen... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 77 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,528 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Harris County area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 457 reviews of independent living communities in the Harris County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 77 independent living communities in the Harris County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.