17 Independent Living Communities in West Chester, PA

Bellingham Retirement Community

1615 East Boot Road, West Chester, PA
Susan: "Bellingham Retirement Community was wonderful, but they didn't offer a home-for-life program. It's privately funded. Their apartments were adequate, and the tour went very well. We really like the community, it's just not a good fit for us... (read more)

2014, 2015

Arbour Square at West Chester

1205 Ward Avenue, West Chester, PA
Francis: "Arbour Square at West Chester was a fantastic facility. It's brand new. It's a community of its own. It has two restaurants in the facility, a theater, and everything you need. You don't have to leave the complex. It has a general store, a... (read more)

Mary Taylor House

326 North Walnut Street, West Chester, PA
Alberta1: "THey gave me all pertenant information in a timely manner. A tour was gven of the rooms & facility. Employees were personable and answered all of my questions. My only complainant was the property manager told me over & over that a form... (read more)

Wellington at Hershey's Mill

1361 Boot Road, West Chester, PA
Unbothered216: "This place use to be a really nice place, But soo much has changed now. I was a caregiver here and I was a great worker. I learned that working here we were always short of aides so the residents complain because they want to get up for th... (read more)

Foulk Manor North

1212 Foulk Road, Wilmington, DE
Foulk Manor North is located in the Wickwood section of northern Wilmington, Delaware, next to both a bus station and the recreational options of Talley Day Park. Residents and visitors appreciate the recent renovations of the facility and ... (read more)

2014, 2015

Forwood Manor

1912 Marsh Road, Wilmington, DE
Forwood Manor is located in the northern Wilmington suburb of Talleys Corner, approximately six miles north of Wilmington. Residents and their loved ones appreciate the multitude of independent living options, depending on the space needed,... (read more)

2014, 2016

St. Martha Villa

490 Manor Avenue, Downingtown, PA
St. Martha Villa for Independent & Retirement Living, a Catholic faith Independent and Assisted Living facility, located in Downington, Pennsylvania offers our residents a home. St. Martha Villa is home to many active adults who value their... (read more)

Wesley Enhanced Living Main Line

100 Halcyon Drive, Media, PA
Wesley Enhanced Living Main Line is in Media, Pennsylvania, some 15 miles from Philadelphia. It's near a golf course, a nature preserve and shopping. The facility is pet-friendly and offers a wide variety of activities and fitness programs,... (read more)
Special Promotion! Ends in 11 days

Friends Home in Kennett

147 West State Street, Kennett Square, PA
Friends Home is a non-profit senior living community that offers a variety of living options to help residents remain independent and active. For more than 100 years, Friends Home in Kennett has been a special part of historic Kennett Squar... (read more)

Maris Grove

200 Maris Grove Way, Glen Mills, PA
Donna: "We're about to move into Maris Grove. I've heard a lot of positive things about it. The facility is extremely well-cared for, the staff and residents are very friendly, and we have about 500 activities to choose from, with most of them run... (read more)

2015

Granite Farms Estates

1343 West Baltimore Pike, Media, PA
Al: "I think Granite Farms Estates is 100%, that's why I'm going there. They more than satisfied me. I liked that they have a giant indoor pool, a big, wonderful library, and a gym to support my activities. It was in a beautiful country setting... (read more)

Park View - Naaman's Creek

808 Conchester Highway, Boothwyn, PA
Joanne29: "Park View was right on the street were my mom lived and probably one of the first ones we went to. It was very nice, but all it really had were apartments. They didn't really offer much at all, but there was a podiatrist that came three ti... (read more)

Stonegates

4031 Kennett Pike, Greenville, DE
Anonymous113287850: "My father was in the independent-living part of Stonegates. He's in their healthcare wing now, and the nursing staff is extremely attentive. If you're in the independent living, it's like living in a resort, and it's quite a nice place to ... (read more)

Traditions at Longwood

222 Begonia Cir, Kennett Square, PA
Janice49: "I am staying at Traditions. It is an independent living home. It is a fine facility, but they don't do maintenance except outside and we are responsible for house maintenance. The house is spacious enough. There are activities, just about ... (read more)

Ashbridge Manor

971 E Lancaster Ave, Downingtown, PA
Erica: "My mom is staying at Ashbridge Manor. It's an old hotel and they renovated it. It's a little bit institutional but it's functionally nice. The staff and services are very lovely and my mom really enjoys living there. The people are very ni... (read more)

Shipley Manor

2723 Shipley Road, Wilmington, DE
Caring113667750: "We liked Shipley Manor. I liked the cottages, which seemed to be roomier, but my wife wanted to go with the apartments. They had activities like exercise, Zumba, and weight loss. They have nurses on-call, and they would take us to our doct... (read more)

Trinity House

15 Leopard Rd, Berwyn, PA
Cheryl11: "The location and price of Trinity House were perfect. It was close to our home. The people looked happy and they had everything you need. However, the units were a bit worn out. "

At A Glance

There are 17 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $3,262 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the West Chester area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 27 reviews of independent living communities in the West Chester area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 17 independent living communities in the West Chester area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.