10 Independent Living Communities in Syracuse, NY

The Hearth on James

830 James Street, Syracuse, NY
The Hearth on James is a pristine retirement community in Syracuse, New York, and is located less than two miles to the area's four world-class hospitals and medical facilities. Visitors appreciate that the community’s annual calendar is pa... (read more)
Special Promotion! Ends in 12 days

Brookdale Summerfield

100 Summerfield Village Lane, Syracuse, NY
Relative351356: "My mom is in Brookdale in her own apartment. She is not happy with the food. They have a library, social trips, concerts, and a lot of activities going on. I am overall pleased with Brookdale. "

The Bernardine Loretto

750 E Brighton Ave, Syracuse, NY
Joe30: "Bernardine Loretto is close to my wife's work. Nothing stood out in a bad way. They're nice enough. The rooms are larger than I thought they would be. It's pretty brightened up, with nice big windows. They have a dining area on each floor.... (read more)

The Oaks at Dewitt

18 Arbor Ln, Syracuse, NY
Janet305188: "I didn’t care for the Oaks so much. It was nice, but the rooms were so small and pretty outdated. The meals were good and included continental breakfast and big meals at night. They offer art, crafts, and activities, and a lot of the resid... (read more)

Maple Downs

7220 E Genesee St, Fayetteville, NY
Pamela: "Maple Downs was wonderful; it was beautiful. I don't think you could ask for anything more. I think anybody would feel comfortable placing their relative or a family member there. Maple Downs is absolutely beautiful. They have a library, a... (read more)

2019

The Hearth at Greenpoint

150 Old Liverpool Road, Liverpool, NY
JP: "The tour at The Hearth at Greenpoint was fine, but I didn't care for the people I met, except the tour person, who I did like. She has continued to send short emails about the different aspects of senior care, which is good. She actually h... (read more)
Special Promotion! Ends in 12 days

Parkrose Estates

7251 Janus Park Drive, Liverpool, NY
Parkrose Estates sets the standard in senior living, with a lifestyle dedicated to whole person wellness. From the moment you walk in the door, you'll notice this is an open and inviting place where laughter is often in the air. Our numerou... (read more)

Towne Center Retirement Community

3900 Medical Center Drive, Fayetteville, NY
A resort lifestyle means choice and flexibility. It means doing as much or as little as you want to do. Happy hour, fitness classes, trips to the mall or trips abroad... It means living life to the fullest. What "All-Inclusive" Means: I... (read more)

Parkrose Senior Living

7251 Janus Park Drive, Liverpool, NY
Maureen M: "Mom was feeling lonely and isolated, and chose to move from her home of 60 years to Parkrose Estates. From our initial visit with Ruth, mom was made to feel at ease, safe and very welcome. Parkrose is a beautiful residence, with warm, ... (read more)

The Nottingham

1301 Nottingham Road, Jamesville, NY
Friend123: "My friend is very happy at The Nottingham. She likes it because she has a very nice apartment and she has friends already there. It's absolutely wonderful. They have all kinds of recreation for you. They have a swimming pool, a library, a ... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 10 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $3,047 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Syracuse area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 11 reviews of independent living communities in the Syracuse area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 10 independent living communities in the Syracuse area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.