14 Independent Living Communities in Schenectady, NY

Kingsway Manor Memory Care Center

357 Kings Road, Schenectady, NY
Kingsway Manor Memory Care Center is located in Schenectady, NY, not far from Shaker Ridge Country Club. Guests enjoy a game room, beauty parlor and entertainment from local musicians. At the top of the facility, there are beautiful views o... (read more)

The Glen Eddy Retirement Community

1 Glen Eddy Drive, Schenectady, NY
The Glen Eddy Retirement Community is located in Schenectady, New York, just northwest of Shaker Ridge Country Club. Favorite activities of residents include musicals, concerts and tours of museums. The facility provides three homemade meal... (read more)

Parkland Garden Apartments

325 Kings Road, Schenectady, NY
Janet305188: "Parkland Garden is really nice with remodeled apartments. They get one meal a day and have 24-hour on-duty staff at the desk. Housekeeping and laundry of the linen is done once a week. The layout is nice, and they’ve been doing some overha... (read more)

Holiday at the Atrium

2 Tryon Ave, Glenville, NY
Dale: "Holiday at the Atrium was great for independent living. It fosters to anybody who will be looking for more of an activity and a social atmosphere. It had a big atrium and it had a nice feel to it. They had a lot of activities going on, but... (read more)

Summit at Glenwyck

150 Dutch Meadows Lane, Glenville, NY
Elsie: "We visited The Meadows At Glenwyck and loved it. We're hoping that by the time we are ready, there will be an opening. They only serve breakfast, but they have an indoor pool which I needed for my therapy. The atmosphere is very nice."

Diamond Ridge

59 Harris Rd, Troy, NY
Donna: "I didn't choose Diamond Ridge because I didn't think it was capable of handling my father's needs. It wasn't that expensive, but I didn't like it. The room we saw was like a mile from the lunchroom and I didn't think he'd be able to handle... (read more)
Get Pricing

Good Samaritan Lutheran Home, Inc.

125 Rockefeller Road, Delmar, NY
Frances21: "I visited Good Samaritan, and I wasn't interested after I found out how much it was. There is no way my father could afford it. It was very nice, and they had everything that you could possibly want, but you had to pay for it. The dining r... (read more)

Canterbury House

36 Pawling Avenue, Troy, NY
Dena: "Canterbury House is much smaller, had fewer residents, and it's an older community. They do meals, they have laundry in the basement, and they have a hairdresser that comes in. The rooms were OK, but they need a little renovation. They cou... (read more)

Atria Crossgate

140 Washington Avenue Extension, Albany, NY
Atria Crossgate is nestled next to the Six Mile Waterworks Park, Albany Pine Bush Preserve and minutes from State University of New York Albany in Albany, New York. Visitors comment on the friendly attitude of the staff as well as the noted... (read more)

Avila Retirement Community

100 White Pine Drive, Albany, NY
Caring73073950: "I went to Avila and I think the best part about this facility is the chef and the dining room. It's excellent. The staff were very pleasant, but the rooms were small and a little dark and that would have been difficult for a wheelchair. "

James A Eddy Memorial Geriatric Center

2256 BURDETT AVENUE, Troy, NY
James A. Eddy Memorial Geriatric Center is conveniently located near major highways and shopping in Troy, New York. The facility offers both assisted and independent living as well as a nursing home environment to meet resident needs at all... (read more)

The Beltrone Living Center

6 Winners Circle, Albany, NY
Chris117300250: "The nice thing about Beltrone is the location, and the fact that they have a lot of seniors who come there, but the problem was it was huge. Other than that, I did like it. They had a lot of activities available. I thought it was a nice co... (read more)

Ohav Shalom Senior Apartments

115 Krumkill Road, Albany, NY
kathern Ohara: "My father is a resident here.Please do NOT get fooled by the phony smiles from office staff and pretty walls.There is no Compassion,i.e.extremly dangerous icy parking lots in the winter.There is no ear to hear any does regarding a barking ... (read more)

The Terrace at Eddy Memorial

2256 Burdett Avenue, Troy, NY
Get Pricing

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Schenectady area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 3 reviews of independent living communities in the Schenectady area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 14 independent living communities in the Schenectady area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.