7 Independent Living Communities in Detroit, MI

McGivney-Bethune Apartments

16850 Wyoming, Detroit, MI
carol513406: "My sister has moved into Bethune Apartments and is doing very well there. It is a very nice place. They have security at night and services during the day that assist her with any of her insurance needs and transportation. I selected it be... (read more)

River Towers

7800 E Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, MI
Robin P.: "I found River Towers for Mom, and she loves it. It's a big place, it's nice, very clean, and there's a lot of nice people. They've got a lot of stuff going on, buses pick them up, and she enjoys the activities. It was definitely for her."

Cityview Senior Tower

4701 Chrysler Drive, Detroit, MI
Ruthie2: "I liked Cityview Senior Tower, but it's just too busy because it is right next the Detroit Medical Center. "

Himelhoch Apartments

1545 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI
Ruthie2: "The Himelhoch Apartment was nice and very well-maintained, but I have a car and it didn't have parking facilities. They don't provide any recreational activities because it's really right downtown, and you can watch whatever is going on. "

Theresa Maxis

16800 Wyoming, Detroit, MI
Social Worker # 1: "I think Theresa Maxis is an excellent choice for placement for an independent senior that is low income and looking for placement for a safe and secured senior citizen apartment building. Theresa Maxis is a subsidized low income senior ci... (read more)

Morton Manor Senior Apartments

20000 Dequindre , Detroit, MI
George: "Morton Manor Senior Apartments is convenient. It's less than two miles away from my church and it's subsidized housing. It's cozy and very much what I've desired at this point in my life. They have recreation and a very strong community-ty... (read more)

Oakwood Common

16351 Rotunda Dr, Dearborn, MI
Gloria: "Beaumont Commons - Dearborn is large and very nice, but I was shocked at the cost. The atmosphere is very good. The people are much older than me, and I'm 68. It has independent living and assisted living. My girlfriend is in the assisted ... (read more)
Get Pricing

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Detroit area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 10 reviews of independent living communities in the Detroit area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 7 independent living communities in the Detroit area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.