48 Independent Living Communities in Birmingham, MI

Also serving communities of Bloomfield Hills.

All Seasons of Birmingham

111 Elm Street, Birmingham, MI
Sylvia Lawson: "My name is Sylvia Lawson. Steffani out did herself last night, with decorations, with the staff, and Tammy/Dale dressing up to play the part. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. My compliments to the chef as well, and all of ... (read more)

Baldwin House

200 Chester, Birmingham, MI
Reviewer: "My mom is living at Baldwin House. It has been excellent and it has been a great experience. We chose them due to their proximity and accessibility."

Brookdale Southfield

25800 Eleven Mile Road, Southfield, MI
Brookdale Southfield is in Southfield, Michigan, near Interstate 696 across from Lake Genesareth Park. Residents and their families rave about the freshly prepared, nutritious food, and the facility accommodates dietary requirements, such a... (read more)

2012, 2015

Pine Ridge Villas of Shelby

4200 W. Utica Road, Shelby Township, MI
Christine: "I was really impressed with the apartments at Pine Ridge Villas of Shelby. They had a few different kinds like a shared apartment where they both have their own bedroom but share the community area. They had a community room if you want to... (read more)

2017, 2018

Pine Ridge of Plumbrook

8350 Plumbrook Road, Sterling Heights, MI
Alice: "My aunt and I liked Pine Ridge of Plumbrook a lot. It was very homey looking and very inviting on the outside. The apartment looked very nice and the amenities were very good. The food and bus transportation was very good. The one-bedroom ... (read more)

2018, 2019

Town Village Sterling Heights

4500 Dobry Drive, Sterling Heights, MI
MLS: "I had put my name on the waiting list at Town Village hoping to go there. I was impressed enough with it. I liked the apartment. The lady who showed us around and took us on a tour was extremely helpful; she answered all my questions. We h... (read more)

2017

Sterling Place

22800 Civic Center Dr, Southfield, MI
Charlestta: "Sterling Place wasn't very good at all. It was more like a nursing home. The grounds were OK, but the building smelled like urine, and it was dirty. There was no one there to greet me at the door, but the staff I met was OK."

Bellbrook

873 West Avon Road, Rochester Hills, MI
doodleb: "The Rehab smells Pleasant Clean. Always see Nurses in the Halls checking on patients files on their computers on the moving tables. You are always able to find them when you need them with questions. The aids do the Best they can. I think ... (read more)

Magnolia by the Lakes

1701 Cass Lake Road, Keego Harbor, MI
EmilyBr: "I toured the Independent Senior Community of Magnolia by the Lakes and I couldn't believe my eyes- the picturesque setting, the high ceilings, the gracious apartments and the gorgeous views- all starting about $3,000. My parents live in F... (read more)

Windemere Park Warren

31800 Van Dyke, Warren, MI
Windermere Park Warren is a senior living community offering residents assisted living and independent living options in a home-style setting in Michigan. The facility is a continuing care community so residents can live within the same com... (read more)

American House Southfield

27577 Lahser Rd., Southfield, MI
American House Southfield is located in Southfield, Michigan, near Interstate 696, Iglenook Park and shopping centers. Visitors note the friendly staff and spacious apartments that feature either one or two bedrooms, full kitchens, living r... (read more)

American House Farmington Hills Senior Living

24400 Middlebelt, Farmington Hills, MI
The American House Farmington Hills Senior Living community is located in Farmington Hills, Michigan, near Interstate 696, medical centers, shopping venues and public parks. Visitors to the facility give high scores for the excellent meals,... (read more)

2013, 2016

Botsford Commons - A Beaumont Community

21450 Archwood Circle, Farmington Hills, MI
Paul: "Botsford Commons was an older place, but I liked it. Their rates were good and the size of the rooms were good, but they don't feed you. The residents were a little older."

2017

The Park at Trowbridge

24111 Civic Center Dr., Southfield, MI
A.Y.: "I chose the Park at Trowbridge for my mother. We liked the physical layout of the place. The personnel is very accommodating and warm, and the place is in good condition. Mother likes her apartment. The residents are actively moving about ... (read more)

American House Elmwood Senior Living

2251 West Auburn Rd., Rochester Hills, MI
American House Elmwood Senior Living is located in Rochester Hills, Michigan, near Crooks Road, Crittendon Hospital Medical Center, Pine Trace Golf Club and popular shopping venues. Relatives appreciate the country-like atmosphere and peace... (read more)

American House Hazel Park Senior Living

777 E. Woodward Heights Boulevard, Hazel Park, MI
Judy Williamson: "I'm about to move in on 9/3/16 after visiting the facility twice. I have a very good feeling that I'm going to like it here as the people are all so warm, friendly and helpful. The facilities are beautiful and very well kept up. There i... (read more)

American House Troy Senior Living

2300 Grand Haven Drive, Troy, MI
American House Troy Senior Living is an assisted and independent living community located near Raintree Park in Troy, Michigan. Families appreciate that their loved ones can have their hair styled and nails done at the on-site barber shop o... (read more)

American House West Bloomfield Senior Living

5859 W. Maple Rd., West Bloomfield, MI
ER: "American House was a nice enough place, but the clientele was not very interactive. The rooms and building were fine. I am looking for my mother-in-law, who is still very mobile and social, but the people I saw outside were just sitting in... (read more)

All Season of Rochester Hills

175 East Nawakwa Road, Rochester Hills, MI
Him2456: "All Season of Rochester Hills is a nice community. I would rate them pretty high. I had lunch there, and it was very good. Everybody furnished the rooms independently, so if you want to have a nice room, you can do it. They had a lot of ac... (read more)

Imperial Senior Suites

27600 Franklin Road, Southfield, MI
Mary: "We liked Imperial Senior Suites. It was a high rise. We liked the layout of the apartments. It was a nice setup for older people. The people were very friendly and helpful. It seemed to offer everything that we needed. The staff was very n... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 48 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,889 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Birmingham area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 12 reviews of independent living communities in the Birmingham area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 48 independent living communities in the Birmingham area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.