30 Independent Living Communities in Silver Spring, MD

Also serving communities of Takoma Park.

Hampshire Village

3210 Norbeck Road, Silver Spring, MD
B. F.: "I chose the Hampshire Village because they have a room available, and I liked the people. They don't have a private laundry, but they have a laundry room. The room I got is small, the living room is not very big, and it's clean. They have ... (read more)

The Bonifant at Silver Spring

929 Bonifant Street, Silver Spring, MD
Walter: "I lived at the Bonifant at Silver spring, and it's totally independent. There are no senior program, but there's a person who organizes events, gets speakers in, and she serves Tuesday morning coffee from 11 to 12. There are no meals serve... (read more)

Randolph Village

531 Randolph Road, Silver Spring, MD
Olivia: "Randolph Village was OK. The staff was very cordial and professional. It's conveniently located, and the room sizes were normal compared to other places. It's not too large and not too small. The service was what stood out the most. They h... (read more)

Arbor Crest of Silver Spring

12801 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD
Visitor1130: "Arbor Crest of Silver Spring was pretty nice. The tour person told us about the different activities they had. She seemed nice. The apartments were small but OK."

Riderwood

3140 Gracefield Road, Silver Spring, MD
Clarisse: "I've decided to go to Riderwood and put down a deposit. I have a number of friends who live there who are very satisfied. They have long corridors, so it's a long walk to the dining room but that's good exercise. The people are very friend... (read more)

Aspenwood Senior Living Community

14400 Homecrest Rd, Silver Spring, MD
Clarisse: "They were very pleasant at Aspenwood and gave me a tour. My first impression was I'd rather not be there, but it was clean, light, and airy. I saw a person there that I knew, and she said she was satisfied. They had a music class and singi... (read more)

2016

Victory Forest

10000 Brunswick Avenue, Silver Spring, MD
Walter23: "Victory Forest is very inexpensive compared to most of the others. A one-bedroom apartment is in the $700's. It was very nice. It is in a residential section -- which is kind of nice -- so there is no stores right there that you could walk... (read more)

Willow Manor at Colesville

601 East Randolph Rd, Silver Spring, MD
Dora1: "I visited Willow Manor at Colesville for myself. This facility was very pleasant and very nice. Their staff was very nice, polite and courteous as well. It was a very nice visit. However, it is far away from where my son lives and they hav... (read more)

The Charter House

1316 Fenwick Ln, Silver Spring, MD
mike123rtyu: "Security officer's don't do a thing they Stay on the phone as people come in. Mice running around on the in the halls Random people knocking on doors selling stuff "

Victory Crossing Senior Apartments

1090 Milestone Drive, Silver Spring, MD
Opening Spring 2018! Victory Crossing Senior Apartments will feature one and two bedroom apartments for rent in Silver Spring, MD. Each floor plan will offer a fully-equipped kitchen with a frost-free refrigerator, dishwasher, stainles... (read more)

Victory Oaks

721 Beacon, Silver Spring, MD
Victory Oaks is located on the grounds of the beautiful St. Camillus campus and offers affordable senior living in Silver Spring, Maryland. Surrounded by new friends, you’ll enjoy many social activities and events planned each month by our ... (read more)

Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase

8100 Connecticut Avenue, Chevy Chase, MD
Sheldon: "My impression with Five Star was very nice. They offer two meals, we had lunch there, and it was a very lovely tour. We liked all the amenities. They have 2-bedrooms with a living room and 2 bathrooms, some of them have a balcony and some ... (read more)

2014, 2015

Maplewood Park Place

9707 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda, MD
Adele: "We visited Maplewood Park Place. The rooms were very nice, and the dining area was very fancy. The activities were amazing. They had trips to museums and shows. I only met the person who was giving me the tour and she was very good. The fa... (read more)

Chevy Chase House

5420 Connecticut Avenue, Northwest, Washington, DC
Chevy Chase House is located in Northwest Washington, D.C., just south of the Maryland state line. Residents and visitors love the location on Connecticut Avenue, which puts them within walking distance of many shops and a bus stop. Residen... (read more)

Rainier Manor

3001 Queens Chapel Rd, Mount Rainier, MD
Cyann: "Rainier Manor is absolutely beautiful, but they have a waiting list to get in there. It is a very nice, modern, secured building. It looks like they have renovated it very recently. It looks very good. They have a salon on-site and an exer... (read more)

The Residences at Thomas Circle

1330 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC
The Residences at Thomas Circle is located in the heart of Washington, D.C., just east of Rock Creek Parkway. Guests speak highly of outings to magic shows, museums and cultural events. Residents are also fond of a dedicated activities dire... (read more)

Rollingcrest Commons

6060 Sargent Road, Hyattsville, MD
Cyann: "My mom has ended up going to Rollingcrest Commons. It is very friendly and has very secured apartments. She is on the bottom floor. Even in the rear, no one from outside of the building could get to her patio. I like the fact that someone ... (read more)

Kensington Park Senior Living

3620 Littledale Road, Kensington, MD
Stephanie41: "We visited Kensington Park for my friends. It was absolutely beautiful and wonderful with great food and wonderful people. It was a fabulous facility but a little too pricey. The dining area was very nice too. The rooms, food, and staff we... (read more)

2014, 2015

Park View At Bladensburg

4202 58th Ave, Bladensburg, MD
Caring4618127: "Parkview is very nice and reasonable. You have to be 55 years or older to get in there. The apartment is wonderful. My mother has new carpets. I don't have any problem with the staff. You can call them and they follow through. Everybody th... (read more)

Christian Community Group Home

2501 18th Street Northeast, Washington, DC
A Clinical Social Worker: "This facility, which offers both independent and assisted living, is located next to a nursing home, but not affiliated with it. It's easy to get to"”and a nice size. It's also well maintained"”with staff on duty around the clock to clean ... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 30 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $1,660 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Silver Spring area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 33 reviews of independent living communities in the Silver Spring area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 30 independent living communities in the Silver Spring area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.