10 Independent Living Communities in South Portland, ME

Also serving communities of Scarborough.

Sable Lodge Retirement Community

74 Running Hill Road, South Portland, ME
Our all-inclusive 55 and over senior living community is home to those who relish living a luxurious lifestyle, complete with round-the-clock service, resort-style dining, and lavish accommodations. We’ve thought of everything. The val... (read more)

Cape Elizabeth Home

521 Ocean Street, South Portland, ME
Samuel1: "The Cape Elizabeth Home is smaller. There are only six or seven people there, so it' more personalized. The building is in very good condition. They have an excellent chef that does meal preparation during the day and they have additional ... (read more)

The Woods at Canco

257 Canco Rd, Portland, ME
Garison: "My visit with The Woods at Canco was very good. I would give high marks for the representative who worked with me. She was very good and very thorough. I was quite pleased with what I saw. It was a beautiful spot and I wouldn't hesitate to... (read more)

Gorham House

50 New Portland Road, Gorham, ME
Barbara076566: "My mom is very happy at Gorham House. The staff is very caring and nice. The administration is very helpful when you have issues and tend to it quickly. The food and the chef are very good and cater to people if there's a certain thing tha... (read more)

Avita of Stroudwater

113 Landing Road, Westbrook, ME
Avita of Stroudwater is an assisted and independent living and memory care facility near the Wassamki Springs Campground in Westbrook, Maine. In addition to its upscale, modern appearance, residents and visitors enjoy the vast amount of spa... (read more)

Atria Scarborough

18 Black Point Road, Scarborough, ME
Atria Scarborough is nestled away in a safe, quiet community, just minutes from the main highway. The facility impresses visitors with its beautiful, well-maintained furnishings and spacious rooms provided in assisted living, independent li... (read more)

Atlantic Heights Retirement

100 Harbor Drive, Saco, ME
Gisele D.: "My mother preferred the Inn at Atlantic's independent housing, where you could have a house, but you're going to buy it. In addition, it has assisted living, and if you need rehabilitation, it was connected to the facility, so you just mov... (read more)

Seventy-Five State Street

75 State Street, Portland, ME
Garison: "I was impressed with the thoroughness and the openness of the people that I worked with at Seventy-Five State Street, particularly the director of admissions, but they don't have a lot of vacancies. I saw three units and they were all one-... (read more)

Birchwoods at Canco Assisted Living

86 Holiday Drive, Portland, ME
Minutes from Payson Park by Back Cove, Birchwoods at Canco Assisted Living is an assisted and independent living facility near the ocean in Portland, Maine. Residents and visitors often comment on the pleasant, modern and upscale appearance... (read more)

The Park Danforth

777 Stevens Avenue, Portland, ME
Castle bay: "The Park Danforth is a larger facility. The place looked clean. It had a good layout. People were friendly. The location is good for me. "

At A Glance

There are 10 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,985 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the South Portland area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 1 reviews of independent living communities in the South Portland area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 10 independent living communities in the South Portland area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.