17 Independent Living Communities in Johnson County, KS

Park Meadows Senior Living

5901 West 107th Street, Overland Park, KS
Park Meadows Senior Living is a large, upscale assisted living community located just a few blocks off the 435 on the south side of Overland Park, Kansas. Large hospitals and specialist medical centers are only minutes from the community, s... (read more)

2013

Shawnee Hills Senior Living

6335 Maurer Road, Shawnee, KS
Pam: "I did a quick tour of Shawnee Hills Senior Living. It was comparable to everyone else, and it seemed to have plenty of space and nice facilities. The staff was very friendly, informative, and not a high-pressure sell. They have a library, ... (read more)

Brookdale Overland Park 119th

6101 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS
Nancy: "I enjoyed my tour at Brookdale Overland Park 119th. I had a very good lunch there. I didn't feel that their clientele was that much older than me. They're more active and probably in their 80s. However, it was an older building, and their ... (read more)

Greenwood Terrace

11150 Greenwood St, Lenexa, KS
Visitor1234: "I'm pretty impressed with Greenwood Terrace, the people, and the facility. It didn’t look like there was much covered parking there, though. The rooms all had openings to get out to get fresh air, and I was impressed with that. I was impre... (read more)

The Atriums

7300 West 107th Street, Overland Park, KS
Surrounded by shopping and dining destinations and located minutes from Tuileries Park and Brookridge Golf and Fitness, The Atriums is an assisted and independent living facility in Overland Park, Kansas. Residents and visitors comment on t... (read more)

2016

Silvercrest at Deer Creek

13060 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, KS
Silvercrest at Deer Creek is conveniently located in a residential area of Overland Park, Kansas, near two major highways and close to shopping, restaurants and golfing venues. The facility offers a dozen room and modern apartment styles an... (read more)

2016

Town Village of Leawood

4400 West 115th St., Leawood, KS
Mary: "I saw a number of different apartments at Brookdale Leawood. Some of them were kind of oddly shaped, but they had wisely staged a couple of them so that you could see how furniture could fit into them. They were very nice and basically all... (read more)

Cedar Lake Village

15325 S Lone Elm Rd, Olathe, KS
Cedar Lake Village, affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society and the Olathe Medical Center, is located in Olathe, Kansas. This facility offers daily devotional services and weekly religious services open to all faiths... (read more)

Overland Park Place

6555 West 75th Street, Overland Park, KS
Pam: "I have placed my mother in Overland Park Place. What I love about this place is that it's an independent home, but they have a contract with a home health agency on the lower level, so I can actually hire help as needed for showers or taki... (read more)

Silvercrest at College View Senior Living

13600 West 110th Terrace, Shawnee Mission, KS
Michael: "Silvercrest at College View is ideal, lovely, and perfect. It’s really good but right on the edge budget-wise. The rooms were excellent, and the place has a fresh and brand new appearance and atmosphere. The parking and accommodations are ... (read more)

Tallgrass Creek

13800 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, KS
familynotcalled: "Don’t let your loved ones live at Tallgrass Creek! They placed my 84 year old mom in an ambulance in the middle of the night, barely conscious, and never called any of her family, living minutes away and fully active in her life. She spen... (read more)

The Welstone at Mission Crossing

6050 Broadmoor Street, Mission, KS
MW: "The staff at The Welstone at Mission was very nice and accommodated me very well. I was very pleased with the staff and the people that I met. The apartments were nice. It's a senior living retirement center, so it's not a place where you'... (read more)

The Forum at Overland Park

3501 West 95th Street, Overland Park, KS
The Forum at Overland Park offers compassionate senior care in Overland Park, KS. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to pro... (read more)

The Gardens at Creekside

16110 W 133rd Street,, Olathe, KS
MS743054: "A lot of my friends have retired, and they are living at The Gardens and really like it. It's a very good place, and everybody that moved in seemed to like it. They've got activities and things going on. They had people all over the place ... (read more)

Westchester Village of Lenexa

8505 Pflumm Road, Lenexa, KS
Westchester Village of Lenexa is nestled in Lenexa, Kansas, minutes from I-35, Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park and shopping at Oak Park Mall. Visitors appreciate this facility's convenient underground parking lot and compliment the clean rooms and t... (read more)

Rosewood Place

8500 Pflumm Road, Lenexa, KS
LifeLover: "Rosewood Place allows seniors and all ages of people with disabilities to live here. Even though the social groups are growing smaller, some of the most attended ones are Bingo, Bunko and Painting. The office is open Mondays thru Fridays... (read more)

The Grand Estates on Greenwood

13350 South Greenwood Street, Olathe, KS
Come as Strangers, Live as Friends. At The Grand Estates on Greenwood, we offer spacious one and two bedroom senior apartments. Our community offers exquisite living for seasoned citizens along with many events and activities to enhance our... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 17 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,363 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Johnson County area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 118 reviews of independent living communities in the Johnson County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 17 independent living communities in the Johnson County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.