Independent Living in New Albany

7 Communities

The Villages at Historic Silvercrest

1 Silvercrest Drive, New Albany, IN
$$$$
Pat: "The Villages at Historic Silvercrest was very nice and very nicely kept. They had wonderful food, and the staff was very nice and very informative. It was a great place. The rooms were wonderful, nicely furnished, a nice size, and looked comfortable. The staff was very accommodating and truthful in answering any questions that we had. The food was very tasteful. Our dining experience was great. I really liked the facility. It was clean and neat and geared toward seniors."

The Mansion on Main

1420 East Main St, New Albany, IN
$$$$
You notice the difference the minute you walk into The Mansion on Main; it’s a historic atmosphere is that of a high-end resort hotel. Features include cathedral ceilings with natural lighting, original brick, and windows plus all modern amenities. We are locally owned and operated, which means we are hands-on! Our restaurant has exceptional, chef-prepared meals with a wait staff that provide excellent customer service. The Mansion on Main has a bar, fitness center, theater ... (read more)

Traditions at Hunter Station

400 Hunter Station Road, Sellersburg, IN
$$$$
Kim: "My father has moved into Traditions at Hunter Station. It is a very good place. He seems to enjoy it there and likes it so far. It's brand new and very clean. It is also in a good location for all of his kids. He lives in his own apartment, but my sister and I go and clean it. The staff members are very nice, good people. My dad goes to the chapel but doesn't get involved in a lot of activities."

Yellow Wood Terrace

2100 Greentree North, Clarksville, IN
1 review
mary8662: "My aunt lives in this facility and has been here for 3 years. The staff there are very caring and considerate of my aunts feelings and beliefs. She suffers with Alzheimer's and often forgets many things. They do not take advantage of this and make sure that she is safe during the day, afternoon and evening. I cannot ask for anything more than for my family to be safe and healthy. I have heard of many experiences where patients like her are taken advantage of and money is sto... (read more)

Westminster Village Kentuckiana

2200 Greentree North, Clarksville, IN
1 review
Steven: "We're happy with Westminster Village Kentuckiana so far. My dad's happy with it. They come in and give him his meds and help him dress. The rooms and dining area are nice. His room has a lot of space in it for him to walk around and the dining area is close to his room. I've seen the listing of all the activities they have every day and signup sheets for people who want to go to Wal-Mart. The staff is very nice and friendly, even the lady at the front desk. It's reasonably p... (read more)

The Altenheim

936 Barret Avenue, Louisville, KY
$$$$
Kathryn M.: "The Altenheim is a lovely, small, not-for-profit facility nestled in the Highlands. The care is personalized, there are multiple activities for the residents and the staff is very caring. It is a home away from home! "

Masonic Home of Louisville

3701 Frankfort Avenue, Louisville, KY
$$$$
Jill: "Masonic Home of Louisville was a 5-acre campus with assisted living and independent living in separate buildings connected on a road. The buildings were awesome. They had apartments with a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and living room. However, there was nothing provided, except for a little bus to take them around the neighborhood, to the snack bar area, a gym, or public library. The staff member was great, but knew it was not for my mother, and I appreciated that."

At A Glance

There are 7 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,850 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the New Albany area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 1 reviews of independent living communities in the New Albany area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 7 independent living communities in the New Albany area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.