17 Independent Living Communities in Duval County, FL

Wyndham Lakes

10660 Old St. Augustine Road, Jacksonville, FL
Wallat: "Sherida was great at giving information and tour."
Special Promotion! Ends in 312 days

Brookdale Atrium Way

9960 Atrium Way, Jacksonville, FL
Diana: "I liked Brookdale Atrium Way. They have a really good and beautiful facility. It's great except that I need to cook my own food. The apartments are nice but there's not kitchen, and I can't be without a kitchen. The staff members were beau... (read more)

2014, 2015, 2016

Camellia at Deerwood

10061 Sweetwater Pkwy, Jacksonville, FL
Rainbow0127: "We toured Camelia at Deerwood and that was one of the better ones we visited. It was a little nicer, the staff was very nice, and the dining area was well lit. They had a library and game room."

Augustine Landing

10141 Old Saint Augustine Rd, Jacksonville, FL
Nicole: "Augustine Landing is very nice and very clean. I see the maintenance out there every day working. The people here are very kind and sweet people. The dining area is OK, but the food leaves a lot to be desired. It's not the best and usually... (read more)

2017, 2018

Brookdale Southside

9601 Southbrook Dr., Jacksonville, FL
ndwff: "On January 7th the residents of Brookdale were told the water supply would be turned off for construction activities on January 10, 2016 at 9:00PM. After the water supply was restored the residents were advised to boil their drinking and... (read more)

2014, 2015

Anthem Lakes

905 Assisi Lane, Atlantic Beach, FL
Donna: "I'm strongly considering Anthem Lakes. It is a new shore community close to the ocean. They just had their one-year anniversary in February. They had a beautiful place. Everything seemed to be kept up quite well. They had 14 acres but only... (read more)

HarborChase of Mandarin

12350 San Jose Blvd., Jacksonville, FL
Michael: "HarborChase of Mandarin is beautiful and highly recommended to anybody. My mom moved in August and is staying in independent living. The staff and services are excellent. My mom enjoys bingo, cards, and exercise classes. It's absolutely wo... (read more)

Taylor Manor/Villas

6605 Chester Ave., Jacksonville, FL
Taylor Manor provides care and housing for the aged through a 104 room assisted living facility. This facility has been in operation since 1988 and provides a helping hand with activities of everyday life: meals, housekeeping, personal care... (read more)

2019

The Coves at River Garden

11401 Old Saint Augustine Road, Jacksonville, FL
Carolyn: "I liked The Coves at River Garden. It was very clean, not large, and had a lot of activities. I met the director. They had an indoor pool. The only problem is there's a waiting list of a year or a year and a half because it is small. The c... (read more)

Cathedral Residences

601 N Newnan St, Jacksonville, FL
Rink Tillett: " I have been a resident here for 7 years, 221 apts, also part time desk worker as we are a gated community, with many care givers in and out daily, nurses, Dr's, a mobile Vet also, many visitors, we have an excellent staff, very caring... (read more)

Marcis Pointe

6734 103rd Street, Jacksonville, FL
Mary70836150: "The Marcis Pointe has an absolutely gorgeous accommodation. It was built two years ago, so it's brand new and beautiful. My mom's apartment is very nice. "

Cecil Pines

6008 Lake Cove Ave., Jacksonville, FL
Caring93563050: "My mother has been in Cecil Pines for five years now. It is very quiet, but there are no facilities, no eating, and no delivery. There is a kitchen, people cook, and some residents still even work. It is definitely independent, so it is no... (read more)

Caroline Oaks Apartments

5175 Main Street North , Jacksonville, FL
Janice: "I visited Caroline Oaks, but it was not a good fit because we needed more assistance. It's nice, clean, and quiet. I saw a nice-sized one-bedroom apartment with a nice kitchen. They had movie nights and gave me a list of activities."

Taylor Home

3937 Spring Park Road , Jacksonville, FL
JF: "I visited Taylor Home. I have a problem because I have a 130-pound yellow lab, and I can't move in if I don't get rid of him. Taylor Home was a really nice property, and older. It's $700-800 a month, which was in my price-range, and you pa... (read more)

Hurley Manor Apartments

3333 University Boulevard North, Jacksonville, FL
Neale: "Hurley Manor is a nice place. They are very small, 400 sq. ft. apartments and they have a lot of activities and things like that. They are very nice, but it would be something I would have to arrange to go into because there is no place el... (read more)

Autumn Village Inc

1103 Barrs Street, Jacksonville, FL
Our community features renovated one and two-bedroom apartments with a fireplace and new flooring and carpet. We have three different flooring options that are, evergreen, sequoia and willow to choose from depending on your taste. Our rooms... (read more)

Taylor Apartments

6701 Chester Avenue, Jacksonville, FL
Get Pricing

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Duval County area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 79 reviews of independent living communities in the Duval County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 17 independent living communities in the Duval County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.