37 Independent Living Communities in Sacramento County, CA

Eskaton Monroe Lodge

3225 Freeport Boulevard, Sacramento, CA
D. DeRango: "After 3 months of living here, I know I made the right choice. All of the staff is very accommodating to my various requests. There is always something to do like celebrating Octoberfest with beer and oomph music, various exercise programs... (read more)

2017, 2018, 2019

Carlton Senior Living Sacramento

1075 Fulton Avenue, Sacramento, CA
Located just minutes from downtown Sacramento, Carlton Senior Living proudly offers luxurious accommodations. Residents enjoy a large variety of amenities such as restaurant-style dining serving cuisine prepared from scratch and a 24-hour c... (read more)

The Atrium of Carmichael

5757 Cypress Ave., Carmichael, CA
a-visitor686187: "My favorite was The Atrium of Carmichael. The community was welcoming. The rooms looked adequate. We are a group of sisters, and they said that there was a place where we could meet as a group on a regular basis; that was really helpful. T... (read more)

The Commons at Elk Grove

9564 Sabrina Ln, Elk Grove, CA
Karen: "The Commons at Elk Grove is very nice. My father's room is very nice. They have an incredible amount of activities, exercise every day, activities for balance for those that have tough times with their walkers, sing-alongs, card games, Ski... (read more)

2016, 2019

Crosswood Oaks

6650 Crosswoods Circle, Citrus Heights, CA
Visitor222: "I'm in Crosswood Oaks right now. I have been here for a year now. I wouldn't say it is exactly clean because I have seen some roaches, and people don't take care of the trash. Instead of putting things in the can, they throw things in the ... (read more)

2018

Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova

2341 Vehicle Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA
George645477: "We didn't like Summerset Senior Living. They changed the price after we went in to sign the contract. They said that the marketing director made a mistake. We walked out, and I would never recommend it. I was really mad. They weren't profe... (read more)

2016

Creekside Oaks Retirement Community

1715 Creekside Drive, Folsom, CA
Shara: "Creekside Oaks is wonderful. It is being updated currently. Everyone is getting their own washer and dryer, so that's pretty neat. Their dining room is very nice. They have tons of activities for their residents. They also have great walki... (read more)

Winding Commons

6017 Winding Way, Carmichael, CA
RS: "I liked Winding Commons. I liked that it was smaller and quaint. I liked the rooms looking out onto the river. There was a little fountain area. I liked that most of the rooms had an outside area. The patios have a little bit more room whe... (read more)

Carlton Senior Living Elk Grove

6915 Elk Grove Boulevard, Elk Grove, CA
Carlton Senior Living Elk Grove is a senior housing community in California. Elk Grove is home to the Stone Lakes National Wildlife Refuge and its many outdoor activities. Residents enjoy the facility's various amenities, including a theate... (read more)

Regency Place

8190 Arroyo Vista Drive , Sacramento, CA
Paula: "We're currently at Regency Place in a full one-bedroom apartment. They have independent, assisted and memory care. The staff is great. My only complaint is the location as it's very far from all of our friends. The food is excellent. They ... (read more)

2015

Golden Pond

3415 Mayhew Road , Sacramento, CA
Christina641563: "Everybody at Golden Pond is friendly, and it's close to the VA clinic where my husband goes to a lot. Everything is excellent, so far. We liked it and chose it because it was convenient. We have chair exercises, card games, bingo, and a TV... (read more)

River's Edge

601 Feature Dr, Sacramento, CA
Claude: "River's Edge is really beautiful and I liked it. It was fairly new and clean. I enjoyed the apartments which were really nice. It was modern and newer. The girl who showed us around was really nice and the staff was really good. I would lo... (read more)

ACC Greenhaven Terrace

1180 Corporate Way, Sacramento, CA
Visitor0011: "The units in ACC Greenhaven Terrace are very nice, they're like small apartments. The place itself has a common border with the Nugget Market, which is a small shopping area. The residents who are mobile are actually able to walk themselve... (read more)

The Chalet

6487 Main Avenue, Orangevale, CA
At The Chalet, we offer quality care! Look to us for Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Short Term Stays and Long-Term Stays. We are able to assist with those needing high levels of care. We know that nourishing and ta... (read more)

Eskaton Village Carmichael

3939 Walnut Avenue, Carmichael, CA
BO: "My friend was in the independent living at Eskaton Village Carmichael for six or seven years. It was too expensive, but it was good for him to live a normal life there and have his kids visit him. His kids could stay overnight in an extra ... (read more)

2017, 2018, 2019

Atria El Camino Gardens

2426 Garfield Avenue, Carmichael, CA
Jay: "I had a friend at Atria El Camino Gardens. The rooms were nice, and the people I've met there have all been nice. The facility was very nice, very clean, very modern, and very up-to-date. I've had decent meals there before with my friend. ... (read more)

2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Atria Carmichael Oaks

8350 Fair Oaks Blvd., Carmichael, CA
Sandy: "My mom is living at Atria Carmichael Oaks. It's very clean, the rooms are very nice, and the people are very friendly. During our visit, they're doing a lot of different activities. They were playing cards and there was a fitness class goi... (read more)

2015

Eskaton Jefferson Manor

5959 66th Avenue, Sacramento, CA
Eugene: "Very excellent service from all employees."

2018

Greenhaven Place

6350 Riverside Boulevard, Sacramento, CA
Located in Sacramento, California, Brookdale Greenhaven is a retirement community offering personalized assisted living solutions for seniors. Residents and visitors applaud the facility's cleanliness and personalized approach towards careg... (read more)

Eskaton Natomas Manor

2400 Northview Drive, Sacramento, CA
Larry: "Eskaton Natomas Manor is very clean and there's always someone at the office to help. The ladies are always nice. There are nurses on duty all the time, and there are cords in the bedroom and the bathroom. There are always people to do stu... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 37 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,906 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Sacramento County area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 254 reviews of independent living communities in the Sacramento County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 37 independent living communities in the Sacramento County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.