10 Independent Living Communities in Downey, CA

Also serving communities of Norwalk.

Lakewood Park Manor

12045 Lakewood Boulevard, Downey, CA
Lakewood Park Manor is located in the heart of Downey, California, near the Columbia Memorial Space Center, shopping venues and restaurants. Residents describe the facility's staff as helpful and caring, and visitors rate the community as c... (read more)

Downey Retirement Center

11500 Dolan Avenue, Downey, CA
Downey Retirement Center, nestled in Downey, California, is conveniently located near I-605, I-105, PIH Health Hospital and numerous shopping centers. Visitors to the facility note that its rooms are clean and presentable, and that its comm... (read more)

The Palms

13001 La Mirada Blvd, La Mirada, CA
DS: "I had a good tour at The Palms. I liked the way it's set up and where it's located. I liked what I saw inside and the people who I talked to. They did a good job of answering all the questions I had, and bringing up things I didn't know to... (read more)

Palmcrest Grand Retirement

3503 Cedar Avenue, Long Beach, CA
Palmcrest Grand Retirement is located on Cedar Avenue in Long Beach. Visitors are typically impressed with the facility's large indoor and outdoor common spaces. Residents of the community enjoy a variety of activities including games like ... (read more)

The Grove at Cerritos

11000 New Falcon Way, Cerritos, CA
The Grove at Cerritos is located a mile from Interstate 605 and Reservoir Hill Park in Cerritos, California. Visitors and residents agree that this community has a modern interior and cultivates a resort-like ambiance. Residents enjoy socia... (read more)

2013

Seasons at La Palma

7061 Walker Street, La Palma, CA
Karen101122750: "Seasons Senior is a little property, but it was really quiet, really private, and really felt like you were in a senior resort area. I think they were maybe a little larger than the other facility I went to. Everything is centrally located... (read more)

Bixby Knolls Tower

3737 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA
Dorothy: "We visited Bixby Knolls Tower, which we liked very much because it is near where our son lives in Bixby Knolls. We also like the area. We like the facilities very much. It is more to our liking because it is more modern. The simplicity of ... (read more)

Breezewood Village

16000 Grayville Drive, La Mirada, CA
mnrobbs67: "My Great Aunt moved to Breezewood Village in 2009. We went with her to look at the facility and we were so impressed. She is a healthy senior and breezewood is a great place for someone who wants to live in a retirement community but is s... (read more)

La Mirada Landmark Active Adult Community

13710 Avenida Santa Tecla, La Mirada, CA
Tetyner: "My grandmother spent her last few years moving from place to place - assisted living facilities, nursing homes - but she never found one she considered "home" until she moved into the La Mirada Landmark Retirement Community. My grandmothe... (read more)

Center Pointe Villas

11856 Orange St, Norwalk, CA
2late2sad2old: "Do not move here live here for five years its been a nightmare can't afford are have the strength to move. Management take advantage of their jobs here the rule do not apply to all tenants. You will have to put up with management kids and... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 10 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,150 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Downey area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 3 reviews of independent living communities in the Downey area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 10 independent living communities in the Downey area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.