10 Independent Living Communities in Chula Vista, CA

Fredericka Manor

183 Third Avenue, Chula Vista, CA
Fredericka Manor is located in sunny Chula Vista, minutes from the San Diego Bay and easily accessible from I-5 and I-805. Residents and visitors praise the facility for its unique option for cottage living that provides more privacy and in... (read more)

2015, 2016

Pacific Pointe Retirement

171 Fourth Ave, Chula Vista, CA
Linda: "Pacific Pointe is an active senior living community. The meals and transportation are all-inclusive, and it's a very eclectic group of people. I think it's going to work for my mom, and it's a pet friendly place. The room she's in is prett... (read more)

St. Paul's Plaza

1420 East Palomar Street, Chula Vista, CA
St. Paul’s Plaza is a comfortable community-focused facility in Chula Vista, California. Seniors live in spacious, studio apartments or one- and two-bedroom spaces, with views over San Diego, and assisted living, independent living and memo... (read more)

Paradise Village

2700 East 4th Street, National City, CA
Bette882428: "I went to Paradise Village. It was absolutely gorgeous and lovely, but it was not what I needed. I thought it was great for people who were mobile and looking for a place to retire but not for any kind of care. It was set up like an apartm... (read more)

2015, 2016

Coronado Retirement Village

299 Prospect Place, Coronado, CA
Linda: "Coronado Retirement Village is a combined independent living and memory care, so they have a separate area for patients with Alzheimer's. My dad is in the section where he has his own room. He's very independent. They come in once a week t... (read more)

2015

Merrill Gardens at Bankers Hill

2567 Second Avenue, San Diego, CA
Happy Visitor: "Merrill Gardens has a wonderful cinema. It was very nice when you come inside. The rooms were very nice too. They have an exercise room and a library. They also have wifi for computers. They have a wonderful food, too. However, they didn't... (read more)

St. Paul's Manor

2635 Second Avenue, San Diego, CA
Barbie: "St. Paul's Manor was really lovely, but it was way over the amount of money I could pay. It's just beautiful and they had a whole page of different activities that were just fascinating. I loved it and I wish I could go. The single rooms w... (read more)

Monte Vista Village

2211 Massachusetts Avenue, Lemon Grove, CA
Debra: "Monte Vista Village is very homey. My mom is not moving right away, but it's the community that we have decided on. The staff is very friendly, and it looks like they have a lot of staff working. The dining setup is very nice."

2016

Helix Vista Senior Apartments

1302 Helix Street,, Spring Valley, CA
Loreta: "Everything is excellent at Helix Vista and I like this place. I feel safe here. I would recommend it to others because it's affordable and it's safe. "

Southern Highlands

2525 Highland Avenue, National City, CA
poor me: "Unfortunately this place is heavily infested with roaches, My first night there was terrifying as roaches seemed to have no fear as they were coming from everywhere, I had my unit treated MULTIPLE TIMES BY Dewy pest control to no avail onl... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 10 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,427 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Chula Vista area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 24 reviews of independent living communities in the Chula Vista area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 10 independent living communities in the Chula Vista area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.