11 Independent Living Communities in Jefferson County, AL

Brookdale University Park

400 University Park Dr., Birmingham, AL
Brookdale University Park is described as a luxury senior living community. Located in one of Birmingham, Alabama's quiet residential neighborhoods, this facility offers residents a life of peace and tranquility. With its serene landscape o... (read more)
Special Promotion! Ends in 6 days

2014

Town Village Vestavia Hills

2385 Dolly Ridge Road, Birmingham, AL
Helen: "Town Village Vestavia Hills is the only one I found that has a hot water swimming pool indoors. I have arthritis, so I have to have hot water. The staff is very friendly and informative. The grounds are very nice, clean, and very finished.... (read more)

2017

Rocky Ridge

3517 Lorna Rd, Hoover, AL
A Visitor: "Rocky Ridge is considered independent living, but I like that they have an on-site homecare company that can provide specific additional services. They allow you to stay in independent living and age in place, plus you don't have to pay fo... (read more)

Pleasant Villa Independent Living

3380 Park Road East, Pleasant Grove, AL
J.T.: "Pleasant Villa was beautiful. It was a great facility, but it was really for seniors looking for independent living. It was very nice, but it was not a great fit for my dad. I saw the community area where they were watching TV, and the din... (read more)

Peachtree Senior Living

3740 Eagle Dr., Trussville, AL
Marilyn: "I visited Peachtree Senior Living. The apartments in the independent living were very nice. I was shown the activity room. On the assisted living side it was really very good. Everyone was very happy, social, and talkative. The rooms were ... (read more)

Cahaba Ridge Retirement Community

3090 Healthy Way, Birmingham, AL
Marilyn: "Cahaba Ridge Retirement Community is lovely and I loved the lady who does their marketing. We had lunch there but I didn't think it was good. The facility is new and beautiful and the people are nice. They have a great ice cream machine. T... (read more)

St. Martin's In the Pines

4941 Montevallo Road, Birmingham, AL
St. Martin's in the Pines in Birmingham, Alabama, is popular for apartments that feature patios and balconies. The facility is located close to entertainment and dining venues, yet it is quiet and peaceful for comfortable living. The apartm... (read more)

2013

Mount Royal Towers

300 Royal Tower Drive, Birmingham, AL
Bob: "I'm a resident of Mount Royal Towers. It's clean, nice, and neat. The staff is OK. Unfortunately, they turn over once in a while. The dining area is clean and well maintained. The food is very acceptable and well prepared but could be bett... (read more)

The Oaks on Parkwood

2651 Laurel Oaks Dr, Bessemer, AL

Regency Retirement Village - Birmingham

285 West Oxmoor Road, Birmingham, AL
Jane117581350: "We chose Regency Retirement Village because it's a place where both my parents could stay together in their hometown, and there was a room available. It's very clean and does not smell. We had caregivers that moved with them to make the tr... (read more)

Episcopal Place Apartments

1112 26th Street South, Birmingham, AL
Lovely VisitorKYYRT: "I love Episcopal Place. They have lots of activities, provide rides to doctors appointments and they serve lunches. It’s just a lot of camaraderie, very nice place to live and maintenance is excellent. "
Get Pricing

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Jefferson County area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 46 reviews of independent living communities in the Jefferson County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 11 independent living communities in the Jefferson County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.