Wyndemere Wheaton, IL

Reviews of Wyndemere

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Wyndemere

September 11, 2017

By Blesssed

My mom has lived here for several years and the environment and care are exceptionally good. The leadership works with each family to ensure that all individuals are in the best living situation possible to meet their needs. They are not pushy or overbearing about transitioning residents through their graduated levels of care, but are truly interested in working in a partnership with families. I find it an ideal and beautiful place for my mom to spend her later years as a widow.
We are very happy we could provide you and your mother with a positive experience! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. Thank you for the great review!

August 30, 2017

By Caring

The independent living side of Wyndemere was large and warm. It was pleasing to the eyes and very clean. It had an intimate feeling and it didn't feel like an elderly assisted living place. They also had assisted living and nursing care, and they had different models of apartments for different levels. For independent, they have condos and you buy into those. The independent side was wonderful.
Thank you; we appreciate your feedback! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

January 01, 2017

By Paula083258

We have signed on with Wyndemere and could have a very nice individual house right next to the big building. We liked all the facilities, the restaurants, activities, and newsletters that they have been sending us. The grounds were pretty, and the people were wonderful. It’s a win-win situation. They have a bus that runs every day a couple of times a day to Wheaton Sports Centre, where we belong, and they have a pool and complete sports facilities. It was completely excellent.

December 03, 2016

By Louise524332

You can walk through hallways to the independent living at the Wyndemere, and the assisted and independent shares several nice restaurants. I like the décor, and I liked the way the restaurants looked. There were eating areas where you can have your family rather than just residents, and they have an area where they can eat with the residents.

September 30, 2015

We went to Wyndemere. The whole place was very nice. The people I met there were extremely accommodating and very nice. There wasn't anything I really disliked at all. Their rooms/apartments were nicely laid out, very clean, and seemed very accommodating for two people who are in their twilight of their life. Their food was good. We had one meal there and it was very good. I like the overall concept, and it was quite nice, but I think it was a little bit too deluxe for me.

June 15, 2015

Westbridge was very nice, larger, and very elegant with beautiful grounds. Price wise, it's higher. It was just too big for what my father will need. The décor was beautiful, and it was more upscale. The apartments were good sized.

May 15, 2015

My sister was in Wyndemere. It was independent living. It was beautiful and great, but my sister required more care. They had a beautiful dining room, and they had lots of activities. It was very high class, and they had a lot of nice things there. My sister was an extremely happy person, and she got along with everybody. Everybody loved her, and she was known throughout the building because she was so well liked. I would definitely recommend them if anybody was looking for independent living.

June 19, 2014

We were able to visit Westbridge At Wyndemere, and it's a very nice place. I can see that the staff are very professional, very caring, and involved.

March 06, 2012

By commercesd

The Westbridge At Wyndemere assisted living facility was recommended by a friend in the Wheaton, IL region as an option for our uncle. It looked like a really nice community with a home-style atmosphere. We could see that the residents there were content and well cared for when we arrived. The grounds were well tended and we could see that there is plenty of room for residents to spread out and enjoy gatherings with friends and family, such as picnics, or enjoy the many seating areas however they wished. The décor was nice and fresh in the main foyer and receiving area, reminiscent of a hotel. It was fresh, clean and sunny a nice color scheme. All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Each room was also comfortably and beautifully furnished. We liked that they prepare care plans around what each person needs - and that they are flexible enough to change the level of care as becomes necessary. The dining rooms were lovely and included both casual and formal options. The food we saw looked nutritious, delicious and smelled really good, too. The snacks all looked healthy and delicious. Meal menus offered a variety of healthy food options. We liked that they encourage drinking plenty of fluids for healthy hydration each day. The residents were encouraged to enjoy the walkways around the building and yoga and aerobics classes. There is also weight training and other equipment available with assistance. The private areas were nicely decorated and personalized for the residents and it was clear that they enjoyed their surroundings. The larger rooms could be reserved for private functions. The activity calendar featured many stimulating outings to local libraries, events, culture, restaurants, shopping and athletic events. The staff was very friendly and we could see that the residents are all happy there. All of the residents here were treated with care, kindness and dignity at all times.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

About Wyndemere

Refund Plans: 75% of Entrance Fee, with Unlimited LifeCare; 90% Refund of Entrance Fee, with fee-for-service for long-term care (Price: higher Entrance Fee and lower Monthly Fee). Also offer Family-Member Guarantor plan.

Map of Wyndemere