Montvale Estates

Reviews of Montvale Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Montvale Estates

October 28, 2020

By Theresa

My mother-in-law moved into Montvale Estates. So far, so good. Her room is clean and nice. She has a little kitchenette with a sink and room for putting the microwave and chair, and then the bedroom. The staff is friendly. They have exercise and transportation. Right now, because of COVID, they're limited, but she's able to leave when she wants. We can come pick her up any time and she can check back in, and that was key to our decision. It could be a little newer. It's very clean and it's fine for her, it's just not my style.

August 26, 2020

By JDubbs

Montvale is a wonderful place for my mom. She loves it there and plans to spend the rest of her life at Montvale Estates. For me it gives me peace of mind that my mom lives in a safe place with great people who work there and live there.

April 07, 2020

By DW

Montvale Estates was fine. The staff was fine, too. The rooms were smaller than expected, but the living atmosphere was good. It was a nice clean environment. There were activities going on. They have games, exercise, and church services.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our community and hope to see you again soon!

October 08, 2019

By Bill

Montvale Estates is immaculate and it's a great place. It's just as nice as the other places we visited, but they have food in this community, while in the other one you have to have your food brought in, but the price for both places are good. The staff member who assisted me during my tour at Montvale was a great guy. He's no longer there, but he was the one who sold me on the place. They have all kinds of activities and people were having fun, mingling and eating. There was more going on there, and they also have a five-star chef.

April 30, 2019

By Daniel

Our overall experience with Montvale Estates is very positive. It's like an apartment complex, but the manager and the staff go out of their way to make my dad feel at home. There's nothing about the place that's really that outstanding, but it's nice. I would definitely recommend them. They have standard meals and they have normal activities that you find in most senior communities. I like that they have a bus that takes you places. It's kind of what makes the place great, because the people there are very accommodating. So if you want to try something different or try something new then you can. The staff is excellent. The only thing that you have to understand about the place is that it is independent living, so at around 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. there are staff members around, but after that they go home. His room is comfortable, but it's not overly large since it's just a 1-bedroom apartment. The food tasted good. There's an activity going on possibly every hour. They do bible studies, there's bean bag baseball, and all kinds of social exercises for the residents. Some people participate and some don't because others have other places to go because they can. They can just go take the bus in the morning and come back in the afternoon. It's just that the staff is not there 24/7. For the cost versus what you get, and the food and the travel, it's definitely a good value and location.

October 09, 2018

By lcluney

This facility has really gone down hill since the director, Rebecca was hired. Terrible food. No building security anywhere. Staff and residents smoke at facility. Dirty furniture. Run down and dated apartments. One elevator serves all 3 floors. It is frequently broken. Residents have repoeted thefts to management with no improvements to facility. Stay away.

Hi there, we appreciate the valuable feedback you have shared with us. Your comments have been shared with regional management so that it can be looked into further. Senior general manager, John, should have reached out to you already and will be following up again next week. Please do not hesitate to reach out if needed. Thank you.

July 06, 2018

By Elaine

My father-in-law moved into Montvale Estates, and it's really a wonderful place. The food is good, and I don't have anything bad to say about them. They have a bus to go to appointments, but he doesn't like that they run in the morning. They 're really friendly, and they have lots of great activities for seniors. They have daily and weekly exercises.

September 17, 2017

By Mary

Montvale Estates said they are an independent living place, but they do everything for you. You have to go to meals on their schedule, they clean your place, and they do the laundry. There wasn’t even a microwave in the apartment. It was a lovely place, and their apartments were great, but they were small, even the two bedroom/2bath units were small. The person that gave me the tour was very nice. I would like an independent living to have a kitchen and a microwave oven. Also, their activities didn’t appeal to me.

April 12, 2017

By Robert177050

Montvale Estates was really nice, and the residents seemed really nice, but I felt like somebody was selling me a car. I felt pressured because they wanted me to sign the contract before I left on my very first visit. I need a place that’s more caring than about selling. They had a wing for community gatherings with puzzles, magazines, a big TV, lots of comfortable chairs and couches, and two pianos. Another wing was where they had outside entertainments come in and was more upbeat with a popcorn machine, a pool table, and game tables. They had a barber shop, a beauty salon, an exercise room, sauna, and whirlpool.

Hello Robert177050, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like to sincerely thank you for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us. We're very happy to hear you found our community and the residents living with us here to be really nice with an upbeat atmosphere. We love what we do, and love this is how we get to spend our days. We'd like to apologize, however, for the pressure you felt, but would also like to thank you for bringing it to our attention. It's certainly not the feeling we wish to impart, and we would like to sincerely apologize to you for that experience. Please, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional feedback to share - we can be reached directly by phone (800-370-8331) or email resident.relations@holidaytouch.com, and hope to hear from you soon! Thank you.

April 05, 2017

By Chandler731306

My mother is in Montvale Estates right now. Our overall experience is very good. We visited three different sizes of apartments and was impressed with all of them. They are very good and in different price ranges. They invited us for lunch there. I can go and have lunch with my mother without any problem. The staff members I met are very good and seem to be happy with their work and to be able to help the residents. I think the security is very good. They lock the outside door after a certain hour and only residents have the key to get in. They also have locks on the inside door. I am very impressed with the dining area. The residents all seem very happy. Another thing that impressed me is that different people came over to meet my mother and welcome her to the family there. They are all very accommodating and very friendly. She knows quite a few people already. They have exercise classes, games, bingo, and cards. They have a pool table, televisions, and live entertainment every week.

March 29, 2017

By Dodie760437

Montvale Estates was comfortable, and it looked like they had a really nice menu for all the meals. It seemed like it had a lot of activities too. The staff was very nice. The head guy showed me around and told me about it and everything. They were very welcoming. It was very clean.

November 26, 2016

By Virginia514083

The service wasn’t too good when we visited at Montvale Estates, but that could be a good day or bad day not a problem. The people were a bit old, but they had been there for a while, so they liked it, and that was a good thing. The public areas needed redoing, but the dining room was quite nice. They had young man who helps them serve as part of their service juncture, and the food seems fine. They were doing an activity adjacent to the lobby.

November 02, 2016

By S.S.211873

Montvale Estates is pretty active, and they seem pretty accommodating to the residents, but it seemed pretty busy. Atmosphere seems pretty cheerful. It's clean and attractive, and their dining room was very pretty and attractive. It would be a pleasure to dine there. They had nice facilities like you could do your own laundry if you wanted, and a place to sit and wait, like a library. There's also a lot of people coming and going. The grounds seemed well-manicured, and the location is convenient.

October 04, 2016

By Janet H.

We did stay at Montvale Estates -- great food, lots of activities, and nice buildings. At Christmas, they had beautiful decorations. The managers were so nice, and everybody was friendly. We really liked there. We were there for five months. They had a lot of parties, ice-cream sundaes on Sundays, exercise class, card games, and a lot of entertainment. We had a very nice apartment. It was two bedrooms, a living room, and a kitchen, but we used the one smaller bedroom just for our desk and things like that.

June 16, 2016

By Santana536584

Montvale Estates had a nice environment, and the whole community was really nice. The rooms were a nice size, and I could picture my mom living there and being comfortable. They had outings, bingo, movie nights, and a calendar of activities. They had a dining area, and a little room for movies and activities. The food was really nice. We had a really good meal that seemed healthy. The staff was caring and came off as really nice, and you could tell they really cared about the facility. The managers lived on-site, and I liked that.

June 10, 2016

By Claudette360736

Montvale Estates had everything that we needed. When we walked in, the staff greeted us and were so nice. The tour was wonderful, and we decided that day that this was it.

May 10, 2016

By BethELEHV

I liked Montvale Estates because everyone was very friendly and helpful. They had movie nights, played cards, had church services, and served three meals a day, plus snacks, too. The place was very nice and very clean. The staff seemed very competent.

June 25, 2015

By Caring108205650

Montvale Estates is a wonderful place. They are all very caring and nice people. My father-in-law likes it there. They are very caring. They have a lot of activities, and while I was there, they had bingo and movie nights. They take the people where they want to go a few days a week. The food is good. It is independent living, but they have assisted living options.

October 31, 2014

By d kassahn

It has everything we were looking for and none of the things we were staying away from. Clean bright, good food, private apartment, Nice people and close to lots of restaurants and the mall. It is easy to get to which helps when his friends come over for lunch.

October 07, 2014

By Ellen32

I know a lady that lives in Montvale Estates. They have independent living apartments and an assisted living building, and it is about three stories high. Their dining room was the best of any of them, maybe because they have more people, but the dining room was absolutely huge. They serve three meals a day, seven days a week. What really impressed me was the quality of the staff. They know every one of the residents, they put up with all kinds of silly behavior, and they are all very friendly and nice, concerned, and caring. Maybe I observed that because I was there visiting someone. I wasn't there for a tour because I am sure that if I had been on my own, I wouldn't have gotten to observe those kinds of interactions. But I was just impressed with the quality of the staff; they were all excellent. Down to the girls that work in the dining room to people that are cleaning up, and they were all very kind and caring. They took time out to go assist the residents in any way they could. Plus, the place is beautiful. It is updated, very modern, and has lots of places to congregate and have entertainment, games, and stuff like that.

April 29, 2014

By Judith27

Everything was really good at Montvale, and I liked their dining room because they had a grand piano up on a flat form and someone played it during meals. They also had a fireplace there that stood out. They had quite a few activities to keep everybody busy. The staff was very helpful. Its location was really good because it was by a grocery store and a mall.

October 16, 2013

Montvale Estates won the 2013 number one place in Springfield, Illinois. I've worked in this field for 16 years and it's one of the best I've seen. It's an independent living center but people come in if they have memory issues. It's extremely clean and extremely well run. They're actual apartments, not like a hospital bed. You can get outside help to come and give medications to the patient. I've talked to quite a bit of the residents and their only complaint is the food is like from a California menu but they have plenty of choices.

September 25, 2013

I had an interesting visit at Montvale Estates. I saw some of their apartments and I thought they were good. They did offer plenty of activities for their residents. Food was good. Overall, I would give them a high rating.

Costs for Montvale Estates

Photos of Montvale Estates

Services and Amenities of Montvale Estates

• Independent Living Starting At: $1965/month

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Montvale Estates

Montvale Estates is located in Springfield, IL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Montvale Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Montvale Estates