Bickford of Springfield

Reviews of Bickford of Springfield

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Springfield

August 14, 2018

By JC

When I talked to the executive director of Bickford of Springfield, I was very pleased with how she explained things to us. She showed us the community and spent a lot of time answering questions that we had. So there was no doubt in my mind that that's where I should put my friend. Unfortunately, there's been a change of management, so needless to say I'm not very happy right now. What I'm seeing right now is that the place has no consistency. The previous director we came in under had a heart for the residents and a very good rapport. So that's why we're looking to move to another community. My friend is doing physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy there. Her apartment in the assisted living level is a very large and nice 1-bedroom, there's a full-sized refrigerator, and a stove. The place is kept very clean, they come in and make her bed or do her laundry. When you walk into the community, it's gorgeous. The way they have the décor in the entryway looks like home. They have sort of a large activity area where they can watch TV, there's a little library on the side if you want to read, and a piano. It's just very homely. I was pleased that they have nurses there 24/7. There's either an RN or an LPN on-duty at all times. My friend didn't care for the food they have there. We didn't have a problem with the price, but for the kind of service we are getting now, it's over-rated.

April 12, 2017

By Robert534122

We chose Bickford of Springfield for Mom because it seemed to be the best, especially for care. All places seem to be equal in food and the quality of the facilities, but the overall care here seems to be more individualized and the residents are given more attention. Mom does outside therapy and loves reading. The staff is very good, informative, helpful, courteous, and kind. I get a good feeling whenever I'm there. They serve all three meals and take their residents to doctors' appointments.

March 31, 2017

By Lori B.007827

My mother-in-law has been in Bickford for eight weeks now. It is a very comfortable-looking, inviting place. The staff has been incredibly responsive and the nursing staff is at the place all the time, so that is a great comfort. She is very happy with the meals. There is lot of autonomy still for people who live there. They can make decisions about what and when they eat. We have been very happy with it. She has a one-bedroom apartment with all of her things in it. My understanding is they offer either a one- or two-bedroom apartment. For the food, they are able to order off of the menu or they can make requests, and the staff does whatever they can to accommodate that. She loves the food. There is a lot of space to walk around, and they have got a very inviting space in the back. After the warm weather comes, she will be able to be outside in the sitting area and the flower garden. They have a lot of activities.

January 25, 2016

By Tracey8

My mom has been living in Bickford of Springfield for 6 weeks. She’s in a single-bedroom apartment. We’ve had just a few problems. We had a misunderstanding about medicines, and when they were supposed to be administered. We were at the ER, and she missed her scheduled time. Apparently they had to be given an hour before or an hour after. They called the doctor, and they didn’t give it to her. I thought that was kind of weird considering it was insulin. She said most of the time the food was good. They have a lot of activities, but she just stays in her room, and plays with her cat a lot. They have bingo, card club, shopping trips, and church services. They check on her and try to get her to come out, but since she’s blind, she doesn’t participate.

September 29, 2015

We visited Bickford of Springfield. The staff was very helpful and the manager showed us everything. There was a girl setting up the dining room and she brought us a nice lunch without us even asking and they were wonderful. They just went above and beyond. We walked through a room where the residents were playing bingo. We had a very positive feeling about the whole place. However, it was too fancy for us. They had big mahogany fireplaces and it was just very upper class looking and we're just ordinary people. We didn't feel comfortable on that account, but the people were fine. Also, it was quite pricey for our budget. The room we looked at was fine, and they had extremely friendly staff including the cook.

May 26, 2015

Bickford was very peaceful. It had a very quiet environment. It was very nicely decorated and updated. The staff was very helpful and interactive with the patients. It has two levels, and they had different room sizes. All the apartments seemed to be an adequate size for patients needing assistance. I don't remember the exact itinerary, but I knew they had planned activities for each day. I knew they went on outings. They had entertainment came in like they had someone come in and play the piano. The whole environment was very pleasant, kind of relaxing, and homey. It does not feel like a facility.

July 31, 2014

Bickford Senior Living was very nice. It was just very expensive. And for a higher level of care, it was really, really expensive. I only met one or two staff at that time and they were nice. However, once I realized that the level of care my mother needed was really out of their league, I did not invest much more time in there. They had more apartment-style arrangements, so my mother would have had a one-bedroom apartment, which also made me nervous because she really needs more supervision. The apartments were very nice. They varied in size. One thing that stood out to me with Bickford is their décor. It was a beautiful place.

December 07, 2011

By Jordan1

Bickford House of Springfield, Illinois, is a combination of assisted living and independent senior living apartments. The facility is clean, well maintained, and pleasantly decorated. The apartments themselves are spacious and many feel, properly so, like a small home. The true highlight of the facility is the dedicated and friendly staff. From the nurses to the kitchen staff to the manager, you can tell that the employees truly care about their jobs and do their best to make the residents feel at home.

Independent Living Reviews for Bickford of Springfield

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Bickford of Springfield

Welcome to Bickford of Springfield, one of Illinois's premier assisted living communities! Bickford of Springfield is conveniently located on 2451 W. White Oaks Dr., so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Springfield senior living community.

At Bickford of Springfield, we offer premier assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford of Springfield. Each resident of our Illinois assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford of Springfield. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories...lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford of Springfield assisted living in Illinois, we don't ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Illinois assisted living community and make it yours.

Map of Bickford of Springfield