Lexington of Schaumburg

Reviews of Lexington of Schaumburg

Nursing Home Reviews for Lexington of Schaumburg

June 09, 2012

By Idance8

My mom seems to be happy and she's almost never in her room. She's making some friends and she likes the bird. Many of the staff are foreign and pretty hard to understand and when I call her nurses station at night it often isn't answered which concerns me. They have many activities to choose from, and my mom will enjoy the upcoming trip to the botanical gardens. She is getting a lot of therapy too. The food though is not very good... They have 3 floors, so when my mom's Alzheimer's gets worse she'll just move upstairs instead of to a different facility. I'm happy about that.

March 13, 2012

By Betty8

My father was recently transferred to this facility from another facility. Lexington House is very nice, but not quite as nice as the other facility. Lexington House is very clean, and the staff are very friendly. In the couple of days that my father has been there, I have met several of the staff, including two of the aids that take care of him regularly, the day aid, and the evening aid. As I said, they are very nice, and my only criticism is that it sometimes takes a while for them to come when he presses the call button. The rooms are also quite a bit smalled than they were at the first facility he was in, and it is difficult for him to move his wheelchair around. Apart from those issues, I am very pleased with Lexington Health. They do not have the beautiful atrium or the artwork that the first facility had, but the staff are good with him, and they act caring toward him, and there are many activities that he can participate in with other residents. Another thing that I am pleased with is that they made a great effort to find him a roommate that he could get along with very well.

December 13, 2011

By Social Wk Care Mngr

Lexington is a corporate chain and there is notable differences between different facilities. This is one of the nicer Lexingtons. Both the short term rehab and the long term care are good to above average. It is located off a main road and adjacent to a quite safe suburban neighborhood. This is a big facility and often the parking lot is full forcing one to park on the residential street. There is extremely limited outdoor area for residents and families, though if one wishes to trek across the long parking lot there are nice sidewalk paved areas to take a walk. The facility has recently remodeled most areas so the interior common areas are adequate, spacious, and accomodating for visitors and residents. The rooms are average to above average in size and have enough space for maybe a few personal items. Most rooms are shared. Closet space is typically minimal. The food is average, with some meals that are appealing and others that are not. Staffing is good with typically enough staff to meet the resident needs. Care provided by staff is genearlly kind and compassionate.

Services and Amenities of Lexington of Schaumburg

About Lexington of Schaumburg

Lexington of Schaumburg is a senior living provider in Schaumburg, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Lexington of Schaumburg for more details on services and rates.

Map of Lexington of Schaumburg