Brookdale Prospect Heights

Reviews of Brookdale Prospect Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Prospect Heights

July 29, 2014

By Nancy79776850

The staff at Emeritus at Prospect Heights seemed very caring. The woman that showed us around was very nice. The room seemed nice as well. They have an activity room, but when we walk in there was all wheelchairs in the lobby or reception area and they were all watching TV.

October 16, 2013

By Ms. D.

I found Emeritus very favorable. It was in a very accessible location. The ground was small, but it was a nice facility. It was furnished and well taken care of. The staff and the administration were very nice. I liked the rooms. The dining room seemed okay. What I didn't like was that they only have one activity director for thirty or forty residents in the activity room and very few of the residents were engaged. I thought it would be better if they had more staff so that more people will be engaged in the activities.

September 18, 2013

I was given a tour at Emeritus and the facility and rooms looked very clean. They have regular sized studios but the price is too expensive. The person who gave us the tour was very friendly to us and to the residents.

August 13, 2013

By John65023250

My mom is at Emeritus at Prospect Heights and I got really no complaints about them. The staff are very friendly and attentive. She has a little studio apartment and she is totally fine there. The location is also very close to our house. I would recommend the place.

June 29, 2013

Emeritus is very nice, it's closer to my home. The rooms are spacious enough and the services are good enough. The help is very attentive. I just can't afford the place.

April 26, 2013

By Shannon S.

My mom stayed at Emeritus last year in 2012, and again this year 2013, and we all had great experiences both times. The staff are remarkable and helped my mom so much, and were nice, patient and very kind. All the staff were also very friendly and nice to our family as we visited my mom. This facility is clean, and a good atmosphere, and we would reccomend it to anybody. We would definately come to Emeritus of Prospect Heights again in the future if we ever needed their services. Thank you again to all the staff, for being so wonderful, kind and helpful. You are all good people.

November 18, 2011

By Brooke06

This facility looks wonderful. It is clean,attractive,and designed for comfort. When I first visited it was a Brighton Gardens facility. Nothing changed outwardly when Emeritus came in, and there were some hopes that the dining facilities would improve. However, there were some huge changes in staffing. My mother was living there at the time,and the changes were apparent to all. Staff who had been friendly, outgoing, and patient were sometimes replaced by a much different group. it became difficult to communicate with some staff, either because of attitude or language barriers. the food did not improve, it actually got worse. the welcoming atmosphere disappeared,especially at the front desk. My advice to anyone involved in searching for assisted living is to ask more questions until you get the info you need. Make sure the company who currently owns the facility will continue to own it for at least a year,so that do you or your loved one are not taken by surprise, as we were, about changes in policy, fees, or staff that will be disruptive. We felt deceived by Brighton Gardens, and not at all positive about Emeritus.

Photos of Brookdale Prospect Heights

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Prospect Heights

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Library

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

About Brookdale Prospect Heights

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

We are located less than a mile from Randhurst Shopping Center and adjacent to Rob Roy Golf Course. Resident portal and wireless internet available to residents and family.

Map of Brookdale Prospect Heights