Independence Village of Peoria

Reviews of Independence Village of Peoria

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Peoria

December 08, 2015

By Mr Bear

Management and staff are very friendly, engaged, and caring about all the residents' needs. The facility is clean and well-maintained. I am particularly impressed with the number and types of activities that are provided for the residents. They are also open to suggestions and recommendations. Stefanie is particularly involved in the welfare and comfort of all the residents and visitors. As with any group living accommodations, there are occasional glitches, but they are typically addressed and rectified in a reasonable time as personnel/materials are available. Mom is comfortable here and I am comfortable with her being there.

November 30, 2015

By SLElsey

We chose Independence Village because it was nice, it was in a good area that we knew and felt comfortable about, it's convenient to a lot of things, my mother knew the area fairly well because she lived in the area at one time, and the price was pretty good. Her accommodation was a studio with plenty of room, and it was nice. She was happy enough with it, never complained about it, and she said that she always got more than enough to eat. She really liked it; she really liked the people and everything. I know she talked about how they had a fashion show at one time, they had movies that they would go watch on special nights, and they had a library that she liked because she could go in there and read the paper every day. They had people come in and do music, and she really liked that.

November 24, 2015

By Matt9

The executive director at Independence Village was very nice. She took us around and she knew everybody’s name. Everybody seemed to be having a good time and the people were very nice. The place, rooms and dining room are clean and orderly. It just looked like a warm, nice place to be.

May 13, 2015

Independence Village of Peoria was recommended to us, so we visited the place. It was very warm and comfortable. The staff who accommodated us was very good and knowledgeable. She was able to answer all our questions. Their rooms were adequate. They have different activities that take place on a routine basis. They have a calendar of events. What I most like about this facility is that the people seemed friendly.

February 01, 2015

By D. L. G

My father has been at Independence Village for about 3 years. I looked around at about 10 different places and I found I. V. to be the best place for him. The Sales and Marketing Director at the time, was very instrumental in my decision to place my father at I. V. The various services they provide are excellent. Also, Home Bound Health Care has a services there you can use to help your family members. The dining room serves great food, very friendly and courteous staff that are willing to help out. I would highly recommend placing your family members at I. V.

January 23, 2015

By ljohnson

My dad moved to Independence Village a little over a year ago. He really likes it. I think the staff is superb and very caring. The staff knows everyone by name. My dad didnt want to move from his home but I feel so much better knowing that he is in a safe and caring environment. He has assistance with medication and bathing as well as physical therapy there. We toured 11 places before we chose Independence. I am confident we chose the right place!!

January 15, 2015

By Lkblackburn

I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE INDEPENDENCE VILLAGE. My mother has been a resident at Independence Village for 4 years. It was hard for her to move from her home of 53 years but has never had even one regret once she got there. The staff is fantastic, the food is great, but most importantly I saw my mother bounce back due the social life there. She was living alone for 8 years after my dad passed and Independence Village revived her spirit. Thank you so much for all you guys do!

October 19, 2014

Independence Village was very nice. It looked like a hotel. It was alright, but comparison with other facility suffers. It seemed to me the staff changes hands too much. The director doesn't stay there very long. The residents didn't seem to look as happy as the people from the other facility.

August 23, 2013

By disappointe

Very disappointed in our experience with Independence Village. My dad will be moving out shortly.

July 12, 2012

By XResident

We were very disappointed with our experience at Independence Village. We were very happy until they got a new director and the whole place went to pot. The new manager is non responsive and ignores valid requests and complaints. She is in over her head trying to direct a facility of this nature but she doesn't even realize it.

January 13, 2010

By M.R.G.

My loved one used this service

Peoria really needs more options for senior living. Independence Village could be good if they would provide the services they charge for. The food service, maid service, and maintenance team are all significantly failing in their jobs for the price the residents are paying. In general, they do not deliver on what they offer in their contract.

Costs for Independence Village of Peoria

Photos of Independence Village of Peoria

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Peoria

• Internet Enabled Rooms

About Independence Village of Peoria

Independence Village Senior Living provides a comfortable, home-like atmosphere for seniors who wish to maintain and active, independent lifestyle without concerns of housekeeping, home maintenance, cooking or security. Furnished with your own belonging, your apartment at Independence Village truly does feel like home. You'll appreciate the freedom of choice, yet also the security of knowing that additional services are available within the community should the need arise.

Apartments include:

• 24 hour staffing
  • Three restaurant-style meals and snacks served daily
  • Housekeeping and laundry services available
  • Onsite beauty salon/barber
  • Scheduled courtesy transportation
  • Library with computer and internet access
  • Onsite therapy services
  • Lounge area with big-screen TV
  • Activity center with game area
  • Religious services available