Independence Village of Peoria

Reviews of Independence Village of Peoria

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Peoria

August 30, 2017

By Russell

Independence Village is the best place to go. I'll probably go back there. They treat you like they really appreciate you being there, and I enjoyed it very much. They have a lot of entertainment. The serve three meals a day in the dining room, and twice a month they take you out to eat somewhere. They have a very good breakfast, and they have a good variety to choose from. They have an alternating menu for meals and side-dishes. Most days, they have activities throughout, like Wii bowling, cards, and Bingo three times a week. They have a very good activities director.

March 29, 2017

By Marilyn240675

I liked Independence Village of Peoria. The thing I was not sure about is if as you get older and you get to the point where you need more care, you have to go somewhere else. I heard that that is what you had to do, and they said, “No that is not true. We keep you for life.” They had their own homecare with CNAs and LPNs where if you needed care, they came to your room and did it because they were onsite. And you stayed in your same room; you never have to move to another place for healthcare. The people seemed very happy. I was just surprised because I didn’t know it was that good. It is in the neighborhood that I used to live in when my kids were growing up, and, in fact, my kids went to high school right across the street from there. So my old neighborhood is only about a mile away, and it is very familiar. They do have activities which seemed to be pretty well-planned. They have Happy Hour with entertainment, and they do special things. One thing I like is they have valet parking, and you don’t have to pay for that. So somebody will park your car for you and bring it back up when you are ready to go. That was a very good perk as far as I am concerned because I do drive and go to a lot of places. This is the first place I have seen that does that.

March 27, 2017

By Gloria714676

The girls greeted us when we went in at Independence Village; they were very friendly. We met several of the residents, and they were very open. They showed us an empty room, and one of the residents let us come in her room while she stepped out. My dad felt very comfortable. It was a little bit of an older facility, and the carpets needed to be replaced, but he really liked it. They showed us the dining area and entertainment that comes in. They had a really busy library with tons of books, and that was very nice for my dad as he likes to read. There were several residents that had pets, so they allow pets.

December 02, 2016

By Rich G.

Other

I am an entertainer of area retirement homes and Independence Village is at the top of my lists of places to perform. The staff never scrimps on activities for their residents. Dee Dee of activities is a long time employee and is top notch in her field. The residents are just the best and everyone looks after each other and they always welcome newcomers. I recommend independence Village highly.

May 11, 2016

By Norma H

I am so glad that I chose to live at Independence Village! I toured many places before and I could not be happier with my decision to pick Independence Village. The staff is wonderful. They are genuine and caring and will do anything for you. I have had more fun since I moved in than I have had in years. There is always something fun to do! I did not know anyone who lived here when I moved in and now I have so many friends! I have my car here but I use the bus and car here more than I thought I would. It is great to just be dropped off and picked and and not worry about traffic, weather or parking. The food is really good. I think they make the best roast beef in town! I am really happy that I came here and wish I had moved in sooner. They do a wonderful job here! I highly recommend it!

December 08, 2015

By Mr Bear

Management and staff are very friendly, engaged, and caring about all the residents' needs. The facility is clean and well-maintained. I am particularly impressed with the number and types of activities that are provided for the residents. They are also open to suggestions and recommendations. Stefanie is particularly involved in the welfare and comfort of all the residents and visitors. As with any group living accommodations, there are occasional glitches, but they are typically addressed and rectified in a reasonable time as personnel/materials are available. Mom is comfortable here and I am comfortable with her being there.

November 30, 2015

By SLElsey

We chose Independence Village because it was nice, it was in a good area that we knew and felt comfortable about, it's convenient to a lot of things, my mother knew the area fairly well because she lived in the area at one time, and the price was pretty good. Her accommodation was a studio with plenty of room, and it was nice. She was happy enough with it, never complained about it, and she said that she always got more than enough to eat. She really liked it; she really liked the people and everything. I know she talked about how they had a fashion show at one time, they had movies that they would go watch on special nights, and they had a library that she liked because she could go in there and read the paper every day. They had people come in and do music, and she really liked that.

November 24, 2015

By Matt9

The executive director at Independence Village was very nice. She took us around and she knew everybody’s name. Everybody seemed to be having a good time and the people were very nice. The place, rooms and dining room are clean and orderly. It just looked like a warm, nice place to be.

May 13, 2015

Independence Village of Peoria was recommended to us, so we visited the place. It was very warm and comfortable. The staff who accommodated us was very good and knowledgeable. She was able to answer all our questions. Their rooms were adequate. They have different activities that take place on a routine basis. They have a calendar of events. What I most like about this facility is that the people seemed friendly.

February 01, 2015

By D. L. G

My father has been at Independence Village for about 3 years. I looked around at about 10 different places and I found I. V. to be the best place for him. The Sales and Marketing Director at the time, was very instrumental in my decision to place my father at I. V. The various services they provide are excellent. Also, Home Bound Health Care has a services there you can use to help your family members. The dining room serves great food, very friendly and courteous staff that are willing to help out. I would highly recommend placing your family members at I. V.

January 23, 2015

By ljohnson

My dad moved to Independence Village a little over a year ago. He really likes it. I think the staff is superb and very caring. The staff knows everyone by name. My dad didnt want to move from his home but I feel so much better knowing that he is in a safe and caring environment. He has assistance with medication and bathing as well as physical therapy there. We toured 11 places before we chose Independence. I am confident we chose the right place!!

January 15, 2015

By Lkblackburn

I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE INDEPENDENCE VILLAGE. My mother has been a resident at Independence Village for 4 years. It was hard for her to move from her home of 53 years but has never had even one regret once she got there. The staff is fantastic, the food is great, but most importantly I saw my mother bounce back due the social life there. She was living alone for 8 years after my dad passed and Independence Village revived her spirit. Thank you so much for all you guys do!

October 19, 2014

Independence Village was very nice. It looked like a hotel. It was alright, but comparison with other facility suffers. It seemed to me the staff changes hands too much. The director doesn't stay there very long. The residents didn't seem to look as happy as the people from the other facility.

August 23, 2013

By disappointe

Very disappointed in our experience with Independence Village. My dad will be moving out shortly.

July 12, 2012

By XResident

We were very disappointed with our experience at Independence Village. We were very happy until they got a new director and the whole place went to pot. The new manager is non responsive and ignores valid requests and complaints. She is in over her head trying to direct a facility of this nature but she doesn't even realize it.

January 13, 2010

By M.R.G.

My loved one used this service

Peoria really needs more options for senior living. Independence Village could be good if they would provide the services they charge for. The food service, maid service, and maintenance team are all significantly failing in their jobs for the price the residents are paying. In general, they do not deliver on what they offer in their contract.

Photos of Independence Village of Peoria

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Peoria

About Independence Village of Peoria

Discover a community that strikes a balance between independence and comfortable living at Independence Village of Peoria. Home to spacious apartments, our community supports Independent Living. Whether taking part in social activities such as happy hours, card games and bingo or exploring the area via scheduled courtesy transportation, our residents have endless options for relaxation, leisure and enjoyment. Depending on the level of care needed, we offer onsite health agency checks as well as housekeeping services. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Meet new friends, enjoy the freedom of living in comfortable apartments and experience one of the best Independent Living communities in Peoria, Illinois.

Map of Independence Village of Peoria