Alden Orland Park Rehab & Hcc

Reviews of Alden Orland Park Rehab & Hcc

Nursing Home Reviews for Alden Orland Park Rehab & Hcc

August 15, 2016

By Marie331618

Alden Orland Park Rehab and HCC was nice, clean, and had friendly staff. The rooms were shared like a patient's room in a hospital. They had their own chef and an ice cream shop on one of the floors.

June 28, 2016

By Florence476471

Alden Estates of Orland Park was a very nice place. I was taken care of very well in therapy. They had a really nice kitchen with tablecloths on the tables and served at least two or three hot meals every day, and you can ask the cook if you wanted certain things done in a certain way. The staff was wonderful. They took care of me, and if you weren't out of your room to go to your meal, they would come and get you. You could miss one meal, but you couldn't miss more than one. They would come and wait for me to eat. They would check my blood sugar and give me insulin shots. They were very good. As far as therapy goes, they were wonderful. They would come up, get you, and bring you back. Downstairs on the main floor where the therapy was, they had a free ice cream parlor. It was a very clean and nice place.

November 30, 2015

My mom was in Alden Estates (Alden Orland Park Rehab & HCC). It was recommended by the hospital. It was all very good, and it was a good experience. She was in a private room that was very clean and very nice. They had normal baseline activities like movies, depending on what group you were on. I liked that it was a round-the-clock care, and they were very attentive.

May 15, 2015

By Steve106643950

My father-in-law was in rehab. He was put in there by the hospital; it was called Alden, and it was a disaster. My dad couldn't wait to get out of it. He is used to home cooking, so he thought the food was terrible. My father-in-law has Parkinson's disease, and with Parkinson's, it is very important that you get your medicine on a proper schedule. Like if you say you have to get the medicine at 10:00, they actually say that they have an hour before or after when they can give the medicines. So if 10:00 is the official time, they could give the first one at 9:00, and then the next one that should be at two, they could give it as late as 3:00, so then it means that instead of being four hours between his medicines, sometimes it would be six hours between his medicines. And with Parkinson's -- since they do plus or minus an hour -- it can be actually six hours apart instead of every four hours. They could never give the medicine on a consistent schedule, and they didn't seem to have enough staff to really care for a patient like that. That was the biggest problem. One, if he is not on his medicines, he freezes, he can't talk, and he can't move, so it becomes even more of a problem. And then, the other thing was that they expected him to just pretty much be sitting up in a wheelchair all day, so they didn't engage him; they didn't do anything. And then, because after the medicine he is usually good for about two and half hours, they couldn't coordinate the medicine and the physical therapy, so they would bring him down to therapy before he had the medicine or they would forget to give the medicine. So he keeps getting out of his therapy because he was never given a drug. It was a little dated and a little worn, but it was generally clean. When we went in there, we had to clean his room and wiped everything down again because it just didn't look that great, but it was OK. Maybe they should just have more staff.

September 23, 2013

By Cheryl M

My mom stayed in Alden Orland Park Rehab for six weeks. It was a very clean facility and the nursing care was very good.

Services and Amenities of Alden Orland Park Rehab & Hcc

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2020

About Alden Orland Park Rehab & Hcc

Alden Orland Park Rehab & Hcc is a senior living provider in Orland Park, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Alden Orland Park Rehab & Hcc for more details on services and rates.

Map of Alden Orland Park Rehab & Hcc