Blair House

Offers Independent Living

1200 E College Ave, Normal, IL 61761
Blair House (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of Blair House

Independent Living Reviews for Blair House

November 07, 2016

By Concerned-family

My in-laws are living at Blair House since Nov 2013. They were happy there until recently. Within the past 3 months, there is no longer a manager on the premises in the evening. They need to carry a call button at all times because the emergency pull cords were disconnected. The quality of the food has deteriorated, and the managers do not circulate at meal times anymore. The atmosphere is less friendly.

July 29, 2016

By Ginger381110

We moved my mother to Blair House. It’s a very nice and very friendly community. She told me that she didn't know she was going to love it that much. Her room is small but perfect for her. She does not need a lot of space since she spends a lot of her time out in the other areas of the building. She is very pleased with the food, and the dining room is gorgeous.

July 29, 2016

By Kathy710644

Blair House is more affordable and more like an apartment building. I didn't get a nursing home feeling. This place seemed like it had younger people who were out in the community area doing things. They had a lot of activities. The only thing that was concerning was their bus which took them to activities, grocery stores, or movies, and it was not handicap accessibleso my dad won't be able to go because he's in a wheelchair. The apartments were really nice and spacious.

June 10, 2016

By Linda283171

Blair House was very nice, but it was not an assisted living place. What they do is they have healthcare that comes in to do the healthcare part, but my mother has long-term health insurance. It’s just not going to work for us. It was very nice; just not what we needed.

May 10, 2016

By Barb39

I like the idea that they have a community bus at Blair House where they take the residents to functions in the city although they don’t offer transportation to doctor’s appointments as they are an independent community. They also have a medical alert which tracks where the residents are. The staff were very accommodating and very friendly. The rooms were very small, but they don’t have any kitchen.

November 15, 2015

By Christine112323550

Blair House was very nice. They took us on a nice tour, sat down with my mom, and tried to answer all of her questions, then invited us to stay for lunch. My mom didn’t want to, but they did make the option available. They were very friendly and followed up with us, so it was nice.

August 31, 2015

By Darlene31

Blair House was very nice. We really liked it; we liked the location of it, and the price was good. We liked a lot of the features, but my friend -- who is looking -- still likes to cook, and they only had a kitchenette; they didn't have a real kitchen. We tasted the food, and it was delicious. We liked Blair House a lot.

July 31, 2015

Blair House was very nice. It was more limited compared to the other facility I went to, and I know that they do address only a certain range of care, so that was not helpful for us, but it was still a nice facility for those that would be within that care range. It had a friendly atmosphere, and it was clean. It seemed like a happy place. The rooms I saw were adequate.

June 27, 2015

By Wendy34

Blair House is perfect for my mother. The people are friendly, and the apartment is just the right size for her. It was affordable, and they had an apartment on the ground level floor with an outside entrance, so she has her own little patio and a little more privacy and independence. They do offer some entertainment like musical entertainment, she will go down to the lobby to listen to that, and that is about all she really does. The food is good.

March 31, 2015

By Linda104400650

I have seen Blair House. It is the same as the other facility in that there was no one my age. It was older and mature in form. The staff is very nice to me. The dining area is fine. I saw the menu, and it looked like the food had a good variety, but we weren't offered a meal.

Hey, thank you for considering Blair House in your search for senior living. While we were not your solution in 2015, we hope you will give us another chance if anything changes.

February 10, 2015

By Terry44

The personnel in Blair House were very forthcoming and very friendly. They were willing to show the facility. The dining area was really nice. They have a nice series of transportation. I would say they have a very high level of sanitation. The rooms are spacious, and it has a bathroom, patio, and kitchenette. It is very convenient to a lot of shopping and a lot of things.

September 22, 2013

By Paul19

We toured Blair House and had lunch there. The location was convenient for us. It looked good and we liked it. Mom was very comfortable with it and she was so excited in going there. From what I had seen and had talked with my friend and families who had relatives there and had used the facility, it was supposed to be the best and nicest place in town. Also, Chad, the manager of the facility was working with me and he has a great staff. They seemed to be really sincere in getting my mom and aunt be settled in there. Those were the reasons why we chose it.

March 31, 2012

By nan C

PRO: The food serve is wonderful, the cook and servers are very friendly. You can take your pets. Trash is very close to rooms for collection Laundry is in good location on each floor. Con: We saw several empty rooms, where people moved out. Having housekeeping weekly they were dirty dirty dirty. I am not a clean freak, never would have shown such filth. Holes in wall from Rug installers, that was before last person moved in. There community room for dancing,etc was glooming and on dark side. The chapel room more of the same. THE ANSWER NEXT YEAR OWNERS are going to paint and up grade. NEXT YEAR!!!!!ONE LAST CON PRICE is $5,300 for 2 people. That is too high for us.

November 15, 2011

By LT Jackson

My father has been living at the Blair House for a little over a year. He has adjusted very well. He has a group of buddies that he plays cards with. He is also a veteran and is receiving money from the VA to help pay for his rent. They have someone there that helped him through the process. Warning: It takes the VA quite a while to send the first check. It took us 5 months. Well worth the wait though. I'd recommend Blair House to anyone looking for a retirement community.

Costs for Blair House

Photos of Blair House

Services and Amenities of Blair House

• Independent Living Starting At: $2019/month

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Blair House

Blair House is located in Normal, IL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Blair House for a visit...and stay!

Map of Blair House