White Oaks at McHenry

Reviews of White Oaks at McHenry

Assisted Living Reviews for White Oaks at McHenry

July 22, 2014

By Grateful and Blessed.

It was a very, very difficult decision for my. Mom to decide to move to an assisted living facility. She went back and forth for over a year. Heritage Woods in McHenry has been a wonderful choice for her. The staff goes above and beyond daily. They are all very kind and caring people. She is treated with dignity and respect. She is thrilled with her decision. She loves her studio apartment!!! THANK YOU Heritage Woods staff for helping mom I haven't seen her so happy in years! The family is grateful and relieved that mom is so comfortable, happy and she is where she wants to be!!!

May 10, 2014

My father-in-law is now at Heritage Woods of McHenry. The staff's work ethics are good. Their rooms are studios, and they are very nice. The best thing about this community is that it is new, so everything is very nice. I also know that the doors are locked at 8:00 p.m., so no one can come in around after that time.

October 28, 2013

By Ann Buschick

All the staff there is very friendly and helpful. The main lobby gathering room is very pretty like you were walking into a nice hotel. Welcoming and warm. The individual rooms are very nice. The bathrooms are well equipped. The staff is always at the ready in the halls and in the dining hall to help. You come in to visit and there are residents playing games in the tv room or the game and craft room. My mother-in-law loves the choir that she gets to sing in. The only issue my in-laws have had is that the big meal is served at lunch time and they are used to having their big meal at 5:00. The food there is good. Heritage Woods is a place my husband and I would love to be when we are in that place in life. Am very grateful for the services and nice people who work there. Am so glad they have 24 hour assistance. The social aspect of the facility is great. My mother-in-law needs other people to talk with and play cards and again being able to sing in the choir. Their meds are monitored and it is reassuring to know Heritage staff is there for all of us. They also were very helpful with all the paperwork that needed to be submitted. Thankfully submitted. Ann

November 19, 2012

By Garnet.Rose

The facility appeared clean, but truly smelled awful, with a hint of vanilla air freshener for added ick factor. I believe it was their carpets or upholstery for as I said the facility appeared very clean. Residents seemed happy, and they seemed to have a lot of freedom in the facility to choose activities and such.

June 22, 2012

By stami6

The residents are very happy. It is very clean and well decorated facility

Memory Care Reviews for White Oaks at McHenry

Questions about White Oaks at McHenry

What programs or activities does White Oaks at McHenry offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

The activity programming is well-rounded. keeping aging loved ones active in hobbies and interests. We concentrate on the process of our activities, not the result. Our stimulating activities for Dementia residents help to stir memories, foster emotional connections with others, encourage self-expression. These activities also lessen anxiety and irritability and allow the residents to feel useful and engaged with life. Music is an important medium of communication with people living with Alzheimer's. We have incorporated music into activities throughout the day and also offer a Music Therapist working with our residents throughout the month. Getting our residents out and about in the community and continuing that part of life in the safest and most appropriate settings is incorporated each month. Pets too are a part of many people's lives, we also offer visiting Pet Therapy dogs several times a month.

How does White Oaks at McHenry keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

White Oaks offers a unique program to families, "Caremerge" where they can keep in constant communications with the staff at anytime.

Costs for White Oaks at McHenry

Photos of White Oaks at McHenry

Services and Amenities of White Oaks at McHenry

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About White Oaks at McHenry

Our program provides opportunities to maintain a sense of purpose and belonging throughout the different season of dementia. We focus on abilities rather than limitations because we understand that as we age, our heart's hopes and desires do not. We are continuously seeking innovation through a variety of philosophies to sustain the aspects of life that really matter.

Team Approach

• All staff receive 16 hours of Alzheimer's and Dementia training annually on related Alzheimer's and Dementia topics.
  • R.N. supervision, support and guidance.
  • Licensed nurse on duty 24 hours per day/7 days a week.
  • Quarterly services plan meetings with family and involved staff.
  • Primary nursing assessments providing consistent care.
  • All staff involved in the care services and comfort of each individual.
  • We choose partnerships with other professionals to ensure the person receives services tailored to the individual.

Map of White Oaks at McHenry