Fox Point & Fox Point Manor

Reviews of Fox Point & Fox Point Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Fox Point & Fox Point Manor

October 05, 2016

By Robert417127

There’s always maintenance at Fox Point like vacuuming. Once a week, they come in to your room to clean the showers, and they make beds and do everything. They got caregivers, nurses, and they’re always checking on you. If something happened, they then call somebody which is very good. They got bingo, singers come in, trips to concerts, and shopping, but most of the people are 80 and above, and I am 70. Every day they got two or three things going on for people, and the food here is spectacular.

January 31, 2016

By CM2

The part that we used at Fox Point was the assisted living section, and from everyone we met to all the employees there to any of the staff, they were just topnotch. The facility itself, the building, and the natural light that came in are the kinds of things my mother-in-law noticed and liked about the facility. It was very well-lit, very well-decorated, and a lot of places to congregate which was important for her because she wanted to be involved in activities. She really liked the food; she had absolutely no complaints about the food. Unfortunately, she didn’t get to stay there very long but the time that she was there, she did like it. She was involved in crafting, they did Bingo, and they had music groups come in and sing whether it was individual or groups and the Boy Scouts came one day and did some kind of event with them. She was only there a short time and wasn’t involved in everything, but she did really enjoy everything.

January 26, 2016

By Julie118960050

Of the places I visited, Fox Point was my first choice. The staff was wonderful. I looked at the one and two-bedroom apartments, and they were reasonable for what we were looking for. There was a salon there. I pretty much went through the rooms, the dining area and the main area. They did serve food, but I didn't taste it. The dining area was very comfortable, and nice.

January 21, 2016

By zoolady

This facility is very expensive with a staff who is not very caring or supportive. Whenever a decision or problem arose they called to ask what they should do because they did not know how to care for a senior. This facility is great if your loved one is completely independent with no special needs but then they could live on their own. For the high prices each month they are not the best option for anyone.

It is our top priority to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. We would like the opportunity to resolve any issues or concerns that you might have. Please contact me directly at 815-385-9840, so that we may further discuss why we failed to meet your expectations and how we can improve the quality of our services going forward. Sincerely, Tim Braband, Executive Director of Fox Point.

November 30, 2015

By Guy7

Fox Point is a newer community and a brand-new building. They didn’t have as many activities or transportation, and they’re more expensive. The room was nice; it was a one-bedroom with one bath.

November 24, 2015

By Susan112222850

I liked Fox Point very much, though it’s expensive. The people were very nice. My mom loves the place, too, but she realized that it’s too far away from her friends.

September 17, 2015

Fox Point was very lush. It's a very updated establishment that's kind of overwhelming at first, but I would give it a triple A. Everything was clean, and the way they built it and how it was set up for the people was very eye opening. The people were friendly. I haven't eaten there, but I'm assuming that the food would be just as good as the overall appearance of the place. The staff was very gracious and informative. We were very pleased with the lady that showed us around. She was very accommodating, and we enjoyed our visit that we had there.

July 31, 2015

By Sarah42

I was impressed with Fox Point. They gave me some of the information that I would need to go forward. It was very clean. It didn't have an institutional feel to it, and it had a library. I visited a couple of the available little apartments, and they were nice and adequate. I had lunch there, and I was particularly interested in small portions, which was a smart thing to do. I spent a couple of hours visiting there. I asked a lot of questions and I got them all answered adequately.

May 17, 2015

By Terrence2

Quite negative were the facts that it was a three story building and the residents' wing seemed quite long. My mother-in-law has a little problem with distances, and she was sitting down and resting like halfway down the corridor, so that was a bit of a negative. The rooms were better laid out than anybody else's that we saw. There was a nice choice of studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments. It looked like they were trying to provide a nice variety of food. They were very stingy with the spices, and some of us are too addicted to salt and pepper. My mother-in-law can't eat without it; she has lost her sense of smell totally, and she tends to salt the heck out of everything. It's not Fox Point's problem, but they have got everybody on a low-salt diet, and it is noticeable in the food that we were served. Its location is within about 25 miles of me here in Northern Illinois, and it is not unreasonable as far as visiting goes, which is good.

We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience when touring Fox Point. For residents that have difficulty with long distances, we try and accommodate by locating him/her as closely to our elevators as possible. We also have caregiving staff on site 24 hours a day that can assist with wheelchair transportation whenever necessary. We work closely with a licensed dietician in providing our daily meals, and offer extra salt and pepper on the table for residents who prefer more seasoning. I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you in greater detail. I can be reached at tbraband@seniorlifestyle.com.

Sincerely, Timothy

May 15, 2015

By Mollie4

It has been a while since we been to Fox Point, so I don't remember a lot about it, but I know it is nice, and the people were nice. Everything was clean, and it just seems like it is a nice place. The environment was bright and clean too.

August 08, 2014

By Ivorygirl

Other

What a beautiful place and can't say enough about The director and the caregivers..however if you are wanting to meet the criteria before entering their home make sure you make the assessment nurse, who has your loved ones fate in her hands, also has the correct and current diagnosis before submitting the paperwork... Unfortunately the outcome was/is a loss for everyone... Perhaps she needs to remember that every submission is not just routine paperwork but a determination for someone's loved one! Makes one question the workload for this individual or her thoroughness of her assessments... This occurrence did not make a good representation of this unique and loving environment...

December 29, 2013

Fox Point is my mother's choice of facility. She is very comfortable and happy there. She loves it! She also enjoys the fact that it is close to her one daughter. She likes the residential area that it is in. It isn't in the city, so she has a lot of woods and farmland views to look out on. The facility itself is most definitely clean. They have independent, assisted and memory care. Regarding activities, they pretty much have the same activities as the other facility does. They have musical group coming in, they have games, bingo and card games, they go out shopping, etc. I would most definitely recommend this facility.

November 28, 2013

By Judith17

Fox Point was a beautiful place. The rooms were spacious and beautiful. However, it was a little bit expensive than the other two I visited. But I would recommend it to others.

September 26, 2013

By Caring1997

The location of Fox Point & Fox Point Manor was close to my kids. The place and the food was good. The people were very nice and very professional. It was a very nice place. If we go to one, this would be one of the places that I would consider. The apartments were very nice, has a very decent size, and very clean. I like the atmosphere of the place. When we walked around the facility, we felt very comfortable.

August 29, 2012

By charlie t

My mother lived at foxpoint manor for four months until we had to move her. She was diagnosed with early on-set Alzheimer's and was in the mod to severe stage, and her,herself new this place was horrible. She left Fox point 10 times worse than before she arrived. She is now thriving at her new facility and is getting the attention she needed in the first place. I HATE that my mother lost four months of her life there,with this type of desease, every day counts. I would NEVER recomend sending a loved one to this place.

August 27, 2012

By gbal23

The building itself is very nice. It look slike its a new building because the maintain it so well. One thing i don't like its its kinda confusing getting around because the whole building looks the same. The staff if very nice and they take care of you even though you are a visitor. The food there is acually all not that food. I grew up hating cafeteria food and places like theses in hospitals. But ever time i come there I look forward to the food and great hospitality. All of my grandpa friends have nothing but nice things about the treatment they get for the care takers. They always have nice things to say about the facility.

May 08, 2012

By Mrs. Nicka

Caregivers at facility are very patient and caring. Really take time with each patient. Make the setting a wonderful choice when "home" is no longer considerred safe.I really highly recommned this facility.

July 28, 2011

By zeus

My father-in-law, who has alzheimers, stayed at Fox Point while my husband and I took a week or two of vacation. He has visted a once year the past three years and always seems clam and content. The staff is extra caring and has always made dad feel at home. My family would recommend this for others looking for respite care.

Independent Living Reviews for Fox Point & Fox Point Manor

Costs for Fox Point & Fox Point Manor

Photos of Fox Point & Fox Point Manor

Services and Amenities of Fox Point & Fox Point Manor

• About Fox Point & Fox Point Manor

Senior assisted living at Fox Point & Fox Point Manor offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Fox Point & Fox Point Manor, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in McHenry has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Fox Point & Fox Point Manor, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
    • Emergency Response System
    • 24-hour Staffing
    • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team, served 3 times a day
    • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
    • Individually controlled heat and central air
    • Housekeeping and maintenance service
    • Walk-in Shower
    • All utilities included except telephone and cable

Fox Point offers independent living in Mchenry for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.

On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you'll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.

If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, Fox Point will fulfill your desires. Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be.

Independent Living Amenities

• All utilities included except telephone and cable
    • Housekeeping and maintenance service
    • Guest Suites
    • Individually controlled heat and central air
    • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
    • Safety features including smoke detectors and sprinklers
    • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
    • Beauty and Barber Shop
    • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team
    • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
    • Brain Health University™

Iris Gardens - innovative early stage of memory care program. Offers elevated activities that engage the five senses of our loving residents stimulation: sight, touch, taste, smell and sound. Providing stimulating activities and extra support for those with early stage of memory loss while maintaining their independence. Our Executive Chef prepares nutritious, low sugar, low sodium, diabetic friendly meals. Fox Point is conveniently located 1 mile from Centegra hospital and the McHenry downtown area. Spacious apartment sizes available (we have the largest square footage apartments in this area with apartments ranging in size from 400-975 square feet). Fox Point was voted "Best of the Fox 2012". The award was presented by the Northwest Herald newspaper based on votes in the community.

Map of Fox Point & Fox Point Manor