Applewood Nrsg & Rehab Center

Reviews of Applewood Nrsg & Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Applewood Nrsg & Rehab Center

June 25, 2014

By Cynthia26

Applewood is OK. It is a pretty decent one, and it is actually nice. Most of the staff is very nice. They're easy to work with. There is nothing special about my room, but it is OK. They have lots of activities out in the main room; however, I am unable to walk, so I don't get to participate a lot. They have games, parties, certain services, etc.

February 28, 2014

Applewood was the first place I went to. It was very nice. The receptionist was very pleasant and the admissions director was outstanding. The staff was friendly. The nurses were extremely kind to the residents; I could feel that. They did have a board with activities. There was an exercise room and there was a room where you could have a private party. It was around Thanksgiving or autumn when I visited. The facility was bright and decorated to reflect the season and that was pretty well done. However, I didn't like the living arrangements with two and three people in a room. There was only one person there who had a private room. Also the rooms were old and dated. You can tell they have been used for a long time and used frequently. They need to upgrade their rooms a bit. It was not a bad place and it was not horrible; I just didn't like the environment. I didn't like the smell. There was a smell of urine. The housekeeping staff was really working trying to keep it down.

July 23, 2012

By Jen22

The facility was clean and the staff seemed to be very attentive. They regularly took residents outside who were able to go. They also hosted game nights regularly, which seemed to be a hit with the residents. They also had a chaplain available for all families. However, the chaplain messed up my grandmother's name, which I felt was a bit disrespectful. Another aspect of the facility that was not that great was that hospice residents were not given private rooms. I wish they would have had that opportunity for a reasonable price.

May 19, 2011

By YvonneB

Visited this facility

I appreciated the warm ambiance and professional, caring staff of the Applewood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Matteson, Illinois where my ailing grandmother-in-law received treatment following a massive stroke. When I entered the doors, I was greeted with smiles from employees and a clean environment. As with other nursing facilities, there was security personnel in the atrium who verified identification for each visitor. It was nice that people could not just saunter in off the street. My grandmother-in-law's room and bed linen was clean each time I visited Applewood, regardless to the time of day. Furthermore, during my visits, I never failed to see a nurse or other licensed employee come in to check on her. It was apparent that my grandmother-in-law was in good hands at Applewood and she never complained about the treatment she received there.

Services and Amenities of Applewood Nrsg & Rehab Center

About Applewood Nrsg & Rehab Center

Applewood Nrsg & Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Matteson, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Applewood Nrsg & Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Applewood Nrsg & Rehab Center