Spring Meadows Libertyville

Reviews of Spring Meadows Libertyville

Assisted Living Reviews for Spring Meadows Libertyville

April 12, 2017

By Deb644728

My tour with Spring Meadows was fine. The staff was very knowledgeable and gave us a lot of information. The rooms had a washer and dryer, which was a plus. The rooms and kitchens were just the right size, and the food was very good. The people were all happy and talking.

March 23, 2017

By Dawn417156

The woman who took us on a tour of Spring Meadows was unbelievably kind, very positive, and very nice. Their amenities are not as high-end, they have cookies and cheese in the afternoon, and they're dog friendly.

January 07, 2017

I think Spring Meadows Libertyville is more flexible than other places like if your care needs change, they don’t necessarily move you to another unit, the care will follow you. Instead of moving you to another section of the building, you just live there and they change the care portion of it, not necessarily your physical location. The room is not that big, but I pay more attention to the care. I think that their staff pays more attention to individual residents there. We tasted the food one time; it was delicious. I don’t think their security is that high.

October 17, 2016

By Cherly

We visited Spring Meadows, and found everyone there friendly and welcoming. The apartments were just the right size. Large doorways, and easy access to everything. When we brought my mother-in-law back, she found her perfect apartment. Till then, she had refused to leave our home to go to a senior retirement care facility. I was glad she chose this home. She's very happy there, loves the food, and the other residents are so friendly. There are so many activities, lovely rooms to meet other residents in or bring guests, and pleasant outdoor spaces. This has been a perfect fit! Thank You Spring Meadows!

October 13, 2016

By Dee437674

Spring Meadows Libertyville was very good. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms looked very clean. The kitchens and living rooms were small, but the bedroom and bathrooms were very nice. The residents looked good considering their age. They looked pretty good. We had lunch, and we had a tour; and the food was OK.

February 29, 2016

By Jim120241250

Springmeadows Libertyville was a nice place. They have a variety of bedrooms to choose from. The staff were nice. They have an activity room where the residents play board games and card games. Their dining area is beautiful and comfortable.

December 16, 2015

By Jim117561350

We were going to move my mother into Spring Meadows. The reason why we didn't move her there was because at the end of the day, they wouldn't be able to keep her in the same building. Their activities were fine and OK enough that we were going to move her there. There's a bunch of different sized, fine rooms. We were going to move her into a one-bedroom with a very small kitchen and a bathroom. It's a little bit smaller than where she is now, so I liked the room there better. The staff seemed very engaged and caring, and that's why we were thinking about moving my mother there. It seemed a well-kept building, and the residents seemed to like it. We met a lot of nice people while we were there. We had one meal there, and the food was good. The dining area was nice, but it seemed small. It was a nice, very adequate facility.

November 30, 2015

By Christine116983350

Spring Meadows is very pretty. The staff was very welcoming. The layout was less attractive, but I understand they were doing some renovation when we visited. The renovated rooms were very attractive.

November 30, 2015

By Diane115612050

Spring Meadows was my favorite place, and my mother toured it twice. The staff was fabulous, top-notch all the way. We did have lunch there, and it was very good. The restaurant staff was wonderful as well. They had a crafts room, a Happy Hour room, and a library. The men had a pool and card room. There was a book club, a drama organization, gardening, and a choral group. There was transportation to shopping and to churches and local doctors. We really like them. There was variability in the apartments, and the rooms were wonderful. The premises, the public portions, and the grounds were very well maintained. Spring Meadows was halfway between where my parents live and where I live, and I thought it was a good compromise that their friends would still be able to drive up to see them, and yet it was closer to me.

November 11, 2015

By Anita29

My mother did not like Spring Meadows as much. She thought it was too large, but I thought it was OK and would have been the second choice. The rooms were not as nice as other places. They were more industrial, but they were also in the process of updating some of the rooms to make them more accessible for seniors. There was a bathtub rather than a walk-in shower. Other than that, there was a nice walking path around the lake. The food was very good, and they had a lot of activities, like trips to the botanical gardens and various things like that. They had a lot of things to do.

October 28, 2015

By Liz41

We had my dad at Spring Meadows, and we liked the place. They had good communication, calling us in the middle of the night, transporting him to the hospital. If he missed his appointment, they arrange that for him again. Overall, they did a good job.

September 17, 2015

By allforseniors

My Dad lived at Spring Meadows for several years after my Mom passed away. The apartments were very nice except for the windows. Cheap windows=bad drafts. They were also filthy and never cleaned. At first, the food was pretty good, but, the last few years, it was terrible! One thing we were disappointed with was the lack of variety of food offered. Specifically, they had no "low" salt or diabetic menus to choose from. This was alarming, as most seniors have high blood pressure and/or diabetes. Also, too many residents living "unassisted" when they should have been upstairs for more personal care. Overall, it was a nice place, with a few exceptions mentioned above.

March 31, 2015

I'm going to Spring Meadows Libertyville. We had several friends that had been there. It just seemed like a very well run organization. When we went in, all the people were smiling and happy, which you don't find in some places. The grounds and surroundings are very nice. There are trees and open spaces.

September 12, 2014

By Keith13

We chose Spring Meadows Libertyville for my mother because they have more to offer for the price. I like the convenience of the place to where I live and friendliness of the people there. It is not an overly large facility. There are three stories. It is well kept up and spacious. It is in the nice area of the town. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The size of the room adequately meets her needs. At the times I've eaten there, I thought the food was pretty good. The dining room is like a restaurant. The servers bring the food to the people that are there and take away the dirty dishes like you are sitting in a restaurant. They have a monthly calendar of events. They have bingo, rummikub, and movies. They go out for lunch maybe once or twice a month. I think my mom looks and sounds better.

August 07, 2014

By Kathy90675050

I visited Spring Meadows. I liked that it was cheaper. Though the rooms were smaller, I thought the place looked good. We actually ate there and food was good. The staff was also good.

November 29, 2013

I choose Spring Meadows for my mom because I feel like they have a very good assisted living care. The facility is very clean. The staff is very knowledgeable and they have a very low staff turnover. The ratio of staff to the residents is very good. They offer everything from religious services, to book club, to exercise class, to crafts, to card games, to outing and they really offer quite a lot. However, they can use a little more overhead lights because the lights in the rooms are on lamps. So, I think that it will help if they have light wired in.

October 15, 2013

By Caring71986950

We chose Spring Meadows at Libertyville for mom because the facility was convenient to the family. The food was pretty good. The place is nice and decent, but they only have little outside area with a very limited garden. They have various kinds of game activities, they have movies, and they take the residents on a drive. Mom is happy there right now. They just need to fix their computer because it hasn't been working since mom moved in.

April 18, 2013

Spring Meadows Libertyville was a marvelous place. I talked to the admissions personnel and everything sounded good. But I did not have enough money to pay the monthly fee.

July 11, 2012

By AMTP

Staff was friendly during each visit. Hallways were clean, as were public common areas. There seemed to be ample activities for residents, and I never noticed any security issues during any of my visits. On one particular visit, I took along several family members to bring food to a family friend. We were able to use a common kitchen / dining room area to serve food we brought, in and we were able to have a nice dinner together. The grounds of the facility were clean and well maintained. Often, residents would be outside and were able to walk to shopping nearby without difficulty. In addition to the activities, the floor I visited had live birds in cages that provided a nice change of scenery, and gave residents something to look at int he hallway. It was also nice for younger family members to see birds.

Independent Living Reviews for Spring Meadows Libertyville

July 17, 2017

By Kay

My father is in Spring Meadows Libertyville and is in independent living with some assistance. It is clean. The staff seem friendly and helpful as far as getting what my dad needs. He has a 1-bedroom, which offers him exactly what he needs. They cleaned it up very nicely, repainted, put in new carpeting, and made it look very nice before he moved in. The grounds are nicely kept up and very attractive with nice landscaping. He likes the food and they keep the residents pretty busy.

April 19, 2017

By Christine285755

We visited Spring Meadows Libertyville. It would have been our second choice. We tried one meal that was very good. We saw a spacious one-bedroom room. The grounds were very pretty and had lots of trees. It had independent living all the way to memory care and different activities and outings. It seemed like their activities would have been good. This place was clean. The staff all seemed very friendly. However, my dad was turned off because the person who was presenting it said they served alcohol weekly. My dad is not that much of a drinker, so the way that she was talking about it turned him off. The other people we met were friendly.

September 15, 2016

By Marian681842

Spring Meadows was also very friendly, very comfortable, and had great storage space. They were very helpful and good at answering questions and taking us around. I liked the woman that talked to us the most; her name was Karen. I think we are going to like it there. They had extra large closets. My goodness, you could put a small office in there.

Questions about Spring Meadows Libertyville

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Spring Meadows Libertyville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have family members from 57 to 100 years young receiving assisted living services at Spring Meadows. Our common age is 84. They enjoy a wide variety of games and activities daily. Bean bag toss is becoming very popular as is Name that Tune. Bridge, Bingo, Pinochle, Kings in the Corner & Poker are just a few of the activities they enjoy. Don't forget movie night and Bingo!

What programs or activities does Spring Meadows Libertyville offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Spring Meadows offers many religious bible studies as well as Table Topics to discuss current events. We also have daily yoga classes. We have an art instructor to help them with the arts and crafts they enjoy making. Electronic Wi is new and we are having fun learning this which is fun and great exercise.

What places are near Spring Meadows Libertyville or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are right off the main street of Libertyville with many shopping opportunities that surround the community.

What transportation services does Spring Meadows Libertyville offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation within a 10 mile radius from the community. We have an SUV as well as a bus that has a hydraulic lift for those in wheelchairs.

What makes the chef or dining program at Spring Meadows Libertyville exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

All the meals are prepared from scratch. All the fruits and vegetables are received fresh. Meals are made to order.

What safety features or security measures does Spring Meadows Libertyville offer to assisted living residents?

Spring Meadows is a secure building and alarmed overnight. We have emergency pull chords available in all units for quick response to our resident's needs.

How does Spring Meadows Libertyville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The POA for the resident is notified every time there is a change in ambulation, cognition, speech, eating habits, health issues and medication issues. Assessments are provided ongoing when there is a change of any kind which determines if there is an adjustment needed in the current services they are receiving.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Spring Meadows Libertyville during daytime and nighttime hours?

We do not have staff-to resident ratios. We have adequate staff to care for our residents.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All staff members are required and complete ongoing education on many subjects addressing the culture and demographic we serve. This is required every month for all staff. These include but are not limited to Emergencies, HIPPA, Safety, Dementia Care, Advanced Directives, Assisted Living, Nutrition, Proper transferring, Resident Rights, Fall Prevention and more

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Spring Meadows Libertyville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Spring Meadows is about 80% independent living. They enjoy playing many games, going on outings and enjoying each other's company. Many of our residents have been here for 6-8 years and have developed many friendships here. We are a family!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The Hawthorn Mall is just don't the street. The Marriott in Lincolnshire is also one of the favorites for dinner and a play. There are any number of restaurants in the area as well as shopping.

What safety features or security measures does Spring Meadows Libertyville provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Memory Care unit is a secured unit. Staff is also trained ongoing on elopement risks and how to prevent it. Spring Meadows

Photos of Spring Meadows Libertyville

Services and Amenities of Spring Meadows Libertyville

About Spring Meadows Libertyville

Located in the heart of Libertyville, IL, Spring Meadows Libertyville is a senior care community that provides independent living, assisted living, memory care and respite care options. The community is run by Capital Senior Living, which runs over 120 senior care facilities throughout the U.S. and has been providing care options to seniors since 1990.

Costs at Spring Meadows Libertyville vary with the length of residents’ stays and the level of care they need. Both Veterans Administration benefits and long-term care insurance can be used to defray these costs.

SEVERAL LEVELS OF CARE

Spring Meadows Libertyville offers four different living arrangements, ranging from independent living apartments with no care services to assisted living and memory care. All residents in the community enjoy 24-hour staffing, social programs and dining facilities. A few of other services residents can request include help with housekeeping and laundry, medication reminders, transportation assistance and standby shower assistance. Even independent care residents can request medical help on an as-needed basis from an onsite private caregiver.

The memory care support structure at the community is designed for seniors with early-stage or mild dementia. Plans are tailored to individual residents, but most include 24-hour access to licensed nurses, incontinence care if needed, escort and transfer services, medication administration and personal care assessments.

Because Spring Meadows Libertyville is set up for seniors with different levels of care, the community is able to help seniors recovering from illnesses, injuries or treatments. When needed, seniors receiving respite care at the community can take advantage of the full host of medical care services, and they can scale back their use as they move towards living independently again.

AMENITIES

The residences of Spring Meadows Libertyville are equipped with features that make living in the community easy. There are a variety of floor plans to accommodate different lifestyles and needs. All residences have a full kitchen, washer and dryer, and many have access to outdoor decks.

In addition to the private residences, there are also a number of common areas that everyone in the community is welcome to use. Some of the main gathering places include walking paths, gardens, a fireplace, a library and a billiard table. There also are three different dining areas, onsite banking options, and an onsite beauty salon and barber.

ACTIVITIES

Residents at Spring Meadows Libertyville are invited to attend community events such as holiday parties, luncheons, book clubs, sing-alongs and concerts. Church services, art classes, yoga classes and Bingo games also are held regularly. Of course, residents may organize their own social gatherings at any of the community’s aforementioned facilities.

PETS

Spring Meadows Libertyville allows residents to keep small pets in their residences. For assisted living residents, families may need to come by to help with pet care occasionally.

Map of Spring Meadows Libertyville