Lake Barrington

Reviews of Lake Barrington

Assisted Living Reviews for Lake Barrington

June 30, 2014

By Caring95191150

We were very pleased with what we saw. It was excellent. The cost seems fair from what we've seen around. We're not complaining about it. There are no issues with the cost. We were in two different types of living situation. They were both very spacious, more than adequate for what my in laws needs so like I said we need to get them to go. The dining room is ample in size. Whatever they were cooking smelled awesome.

January 30, 2014

By Kathy9467150

Mom moved in at Lake Barrington Woods in November. This facility is excellent because it is in a place called Lake Barrington. This is where a lot of rich people live. It's nice and it's close to us. It is also luxurious; I wouldn't mind living there now. The main reason why we chose this place for Mom was because she wanted to be with her sister who had moved in there like a year ago. My aunt is in the independent part but on the same floor, they also have assisted living, where my mom is in now. They're on the same floor and they can do their meals and such together and all that. So far, the care has been excellent. It's nice to be in a place where everybody recognizes Mom. When they see her, they would greet her by her first name. They have been very nice. We have been very happy with it. We're glad that she can spend the last years of her life in a place that she deserves. I would recommend it to anybody. When I'm older, I wish I could afford to live there because it's that great. It's like you're in a luxury hotel. Also, food is excellent. It's like eating in a five-star restaurant.

September 26, 2013

By Beth10

My parents lived at the Lake Barrington Woods for two years. We chose this facility for them because it was close to where I was living, so that was the main reason. We liked it also because it was a yearly apartment rental type of situation without a big investment. There is no extra money beyond the yearly rental. The problem is that the more assistance they needed the pricier it gets. They got a pool and so many offerings, but my parents don't use that. It seemed like they were paying for a lot of things they were not using. The food was okay and better on Sundays but during the week, for the amount of money that they were paying, it seemed not worth it. A lot of their meats were on gravies and breakfast did not always offer protein option. So it didn't seem as health geared as we would have wanted for the money that they were paying. It seemed lower budget food wise, but the people were very friendly. It was a very nice place. They happen to be at the end of a very long hall; but there were also a lot of positive experiences there as well.

Independent Living Reviews for Lake Barrington

November 30, 2015

Everything about Lake Barrington Woods was good. They had all of the things that I was interested in, like personal laundry and parking spaces.

October 19, 2015

By Linda113627550

Lake Barrington Woods was very nice. It has a lot of things and my aunt’s needs were met. But she is not happy with the food. It started out to be very good, but I think they need to change hands. They have buses to take them shopping, outings that are available if they can go and trips to theaters. They have movie nights, different card games, game groups and crafts and they sometimes bring groups in. They have family gathering every year where we all come and they walk around and have trays of appetizers and all kinds of things, and some entertainment too. There is a facility there like if I wanted to have a birthday for my mom and they have a private room for that.

September 15, 2015

By suzinix

A lovely & lively place! We were greeted by upbeat, fun, professional, caring staff & friendly residents busy with their activities, socializing & Happy hour.Were treated to a fresh, made-to-order dinner with soup/salad, hearty entree, sides & dessert. Very satisfying & delicious. The INDOOR pool was the deal-maker for me. Great daily exercise & I'm eager to re-learn scuba!. The fitness equipment is also up-scale. Views of the woods are sublime & the resident-created flower-filled outdoor patios are wonderful.So many on/off-campus activities & clubs, boredom is NOT an issue. I plan to clear the billiard table & fine-tune my poker game! Excited to move in soon!

May 15, 2015

By Mollie4

We went to Barrington, and this one I really liked. They are very nice over there. It was very nice, and the food was very nice. Everybody was very friendly, and the rooms were nice. The rooms were fine and as spacious as what most of them would be. The environment was bright and positive with everybody being friendly and everything being nice.

April 30, 2015

I was impressed by the friendliness of Lake Barrington, and the people there can avail themselves of so many different things such as game rooms, and there was an exercise room and just a lot of things going on that the residents can avail themselves of. The people were very friendly and their manager -- Ms. Labuda -- was just outstanding. I have been to four or five other places, and she was just an incredible person. She runs this place with a very positive, upbeat attitude. I would rate them a four mainly because it looks a little tired; it needs a paint job and some new carpeting.

February 13, 2014

By Bill37

Great facility - my dad is moving in soon.

September 29, 2013

By Pat34

Currently, I'm in Lake Barrington's waiting list. What I like best about this facility is their two-bedroom-two-bathroom apartments. I also like that they have covered parking for my car. The staff that I met was very pleasant. They have breakfast and dinner everyday for their residents.

June 11, 2013

We chose Lake Barrington mainly because we had a daughter that lived 10-minutes away. It was lovely and spacious. The community seemed really friendly. We visited other facilities but this one seemed to fit my husband best. I thought he would be happy there.

November 08, 2012

By Alex4

I thought that the atmosphere of the facility itself wasn't lively enough. There were not many decorations around, but the residents all seemed to be having a good time. That leads me to believe that the staff and residents there are friendly people, but the rooms themselves were less than satisfactory. They painted a lot of the walls gray, which is, I think, bad for retirees. Their lunches seemed balanced when I went, the lunch was chicken noodle soup with a house salad and bread. They also have accommodations for those with special dietary needs. It is situated next to a medium-sized street, so the noise wasn't too bad. Occasionally, however I heard some honking, so this particular facility would not be good for sensitive residents. I think that, overall, this is a well run facility. The staff seem good, and if it wasn't for their lack of liveliness, I would have considered it.

Costs for Lake Barrington

• Pool

• Staff Patient Ratio: 12:1

• Licenses: Assisted Living

About Lake Barrington

Senior assisted living at Lake Barrington offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Lake Barrington, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Lake Barrington has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Lake Barrington, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Lake Barrington offers independent living in Lake Barrington for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.

On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you'll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.

If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, Lake Barrington will fulfill your desires. Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be.

Independent Living Amenities

• All utilities included except telephone and cable
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • Guest Suites
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Safety features including smoke detectors and sprinklers
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™

Indoor Heated Swimming Pool - Indoor parking garage - Spacious Independent Living Apartments (ranges from 610 to 1440 sq. ft.) - Minutes away from shopping, metra train and Good Shepherd Hospital - Situated on 9.5 wooded acres

Map of Lake Barrington